Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #85
Daxal84

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS AGP Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMER CAMARO View Post
Guys,
I have been reading everything I could find on the forum ref footwell lighting. I knew I was going to do it but wanted it to be cost effective as well as cool. In my search for info I checked sites that sell LED kits and paid close attention to the instructions provided by each company. I found these instructions on the Phastekperformance site. Although I didn't buy their product I embraced their approach. Since I did not want to mess with a switch but use the one associated with the dome/map light like this install does. I previously bought a 16ft reel of SMD LEDs and only had to pick up the T-Tap at the local parts store. I did solder and shrink wrap the connections. Boomer now has his footwells well light up and I still have plenty of LEDs on the reel to tackle my next upgrade, LEDs for engine compartment lighting

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...l-ftwl-led.htm
So I could tap into that line from the relay to have the underglow turn on when i unlock the doors?
Daxal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:32 AM   #86
BOOMER CAMARO

Drives: 2012 2SS 6 speed CRMT
Daxal84
If you follow the instructions on the phastek site the gray wire that you tap into will control your LRDs from the dome light switch. My install was one Led strip that terminated on passenger side. When you unlock the doors the LEDs come on with the dome light and will fade normally with the dome light. If you use dome switch to turn off the dome light the LEDs also turn off or you can have both turn on using dome switch. Hope this helps.

This pic shows the passenger side where you tap into the gray wire be sure to check the voltage drop as that wire is the one you tap into. There are two gray wires in this wire bundle.

Name:  IMG_1426.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  83.0 KB

Last edited by BOOMER CAMARO; 04-09-2015 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Add pic
BOOMER CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #87
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
Finally got around to installing mine. I am a female with no experience whatsoever and I found this to be quite easy. I have it set up with an on-off-on switch. Bought the lights from Phastek, could be a bit brighter but will do for me. Thank you for the write up.

Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #88
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Looks great. You wired it up to the cig lighter wire?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #89
Natti337

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-redfly View Post
Looks great. You wired it up to the cig lighter wire?

No I did it from the dome light and then directly to the fuse box. I can post a picture later if needed because I was quite unsure about the fuse part.
Natti337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #90
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Ohh ok that works too. There's a few different ways to do it. Great job. Love the red. I got red as well.

C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #91
matt99199

Drives: 2014 2SS L99 RS Chevy Camaro

Based my install on this tutorial, I do suggest you find a fused insert for the box instead of the spade terminal and do try to use waterproof connectors wherever you can.
The way I mounted the strips was to a thin piece of plastic first and then zip tied into place. There are 3 mounting points on the passenger side using holes in brackets right above the carpet line and 3 on the driver by using the pedal module, hole bracket, and hood cable line to attach to (plenty of room above the feet on each side).
Recommend giving dymanicdiode's products a shot, as in my picture.
matt99199 is offline   Reply With Quote