Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #99
gopruitt

Drives: 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Is your drives: suppose to be a joke? It says you have a 2012 Mustang 2LT RS
I don't have a reason to joke. I have both cars.
gopruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #100
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Also, a person can definitely fit in the trunk. I've had someone in my trunk. I know that sounds bad, but the guy offered to be the guinea pig to see if a body could really fit in there. Actually I do believe you could squeeze two bodies in there.
In how many pieces?

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #101
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
I find it odd that people don't like the 10 & 11 steering wheel. I hate hate hate the '12 steering wheel and I don't like the new look of the speedo, etc. Another reason I am SO GLAD I decided to get the '11 and not wait to order a new one.

Also, a person can definitely fit in the trunk. I've had someone in my trunk. I know that sounds bad, but the guy offered to be the guinea pig to see if a body could really fit in there. Actually I do believe you could squeeze two bodies in there. But boxes? Yeah, not easy to fit boxes in there.
About the only good thing about the 10-11 steering wheel is the way it is styled, otherwise it is for all intensive purposes a horrible, horrible steering wheel. It may be a slower car but the steering wheel is much better in my Nissan 350Z and it is reminiscent of the 2012 but to each their own, everyone gets an opinion and in this case I am willing to accept them.

Also I too have had multiple bodies in my trunk, right after picking it up my friends and I wanted to see how many people we could fit :P
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #102
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBangr View Post
You know, the best part about all this is the e39 ecm.
Now well see some realy modded cars that take full advantage of power adders.
Sc or turbo, I think that was the main thing holding everyone back.
Just a question, but have you seen what the V6 can do on an E85 tune? Its amazing...mid to low 13's with just some additional simple bolt ons. Of course, the E85 tune isn't for everybody. As for the forced induction...as Gretchen pointed out, its the fuel delivery thats the real problem now. Once they start pushing up against 500HP it goes very lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Actually, it is the HPFP that's killing use. Trifecta has the tuning down on the LLT ECU pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I really have no regrets on my decision to buy the Camaro. Now, what performance upgrades are available for the new LFX engine?
Congrats man! That is one sweeeet ride! Good thing for you is you already have a slight power bump over the 2010s and 2011s, but the aftermarket which isn't superb for us, is gonna be really slim pickins for you. I'd suggest axle-back, or cat-back assuming the design there is similar. Also, I'd suggest the VMAX ported throttle body...(then again, I'm just assuming it is the same as the prior years) but I don't know about any of the current aftermarket CAI's because of that new MAF sensor. That sucks...seeing as how a CAI is a great purchase for the 10's and 11's.

Vince from Trifecta is working on tunes for the 12's. Umm..probably something Im missing. Rest would be chasis or visual mods which I'm sure you could do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Is the tick sound still on the V6 or did it go away on the 2012 engine.
I've read they've applied some rubber tubes somewhere to really hide the ticking sound.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #103
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Hope they tune up the pipes on this LFX six. My 2010 and 2011 sixes are too tame for sports cars. Need more volume on the exhaust.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #104
PFCMAC

Drives: 2015 ZL1/2016 Malibu LTD LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
dude wtf first they had to ruin the steering wheel now THIS? omfg . When i take my cover off i see that alloy intake manifold. and i drooooooooool . I love showing that off NOW THEY GOT A PLASIC COVER ON IT RUINS IT

man u complain alot
its a beautiful car and stop nitpickin
PFCMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #105
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just a question, but have you seen what the V6 can do on an E85 tune? Its amazing...mid to low 13's with just some additional simple bolt ons. Of course, the E85 tune isn't for everybody. As for the forced induction...as Gretchen pointed out, its the fuel delivery thats the real problem now. Once they start pushing up against 500HP it goes very lean
I did not know that, reason I say that is because a buddy of mine has one.
He told me he contacted several shops about Sc or turbos. They told him the reason kits werent available was because no tuning software was available.

Im guessing they go lean because they run out of injector? Im not too familiar with these motors. Bosch does make higher flowing direct injectors and hpfp from what I read on the turbo cobalt forums.

And if what you say about low 13s on e85 is true, thats very interesting, its widely available in our area. 105 octane for about 50 cents cheaper than premium.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #106
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopruitt View Post
I don't have a reason to joke. I have both cars.

Wow, congrats on both rides. U must be wealthy. Im assuming u have a porshe too since ur in a club too. Welcome to the camaro fam bam. Sweet ride man.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #107
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
He told me he contacted several shops about Sc or turbos. They told him the reason kits werent available was because no tuning software was available.

Im guessing they go lean because they run out of injector? Im not too familiar with these motors. Bosch does make higher flowing direct injectors and hpfp from what I read on the turbo cobalt forums.

And if what you say about low 13s on e85 is true, thats very interesting, its widely available in our area. 105 octane for about 50 cents cheaper than premium.
It appears to be the high-pressure fuel pump. A couple of shops are working on replacements.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #108
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
About the only good thing about the 10-11 steering wheel is the way it is styled, otherwise it is for all intensive purposes a horrible, horrible steering wheel. It may be a slower car but the steering wheel is much better in my Nissan 350Z and it is reminiscent of the 2012 but to each their own, everyone gets an opinion and in this case I am willing to accept them.

Also I too have had multiple bodies in my trunk, right after picking it up my friends and I wanted to see how many people we could fit :P
I think the 10-11 steering wheel just "fits" the car's look. Not that it's a major point of contention overall, but for me, I just love the look and feel of it. And I agree on the 350z steering wheel. I actually know A LOT about Z's because I thought about getting one for YEARS. I decided I'd rather go with a brand new car than a used Z though. But I'm a HUGE 350Z fan.

Multiple bodies? Very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
In how many pieces?
No dismemberment needed. He had a nice comfortable fit and I'd say he's at least 6'.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #109
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
I find it odd that people don't like the 10 & 11 steering wheel. I hate hate hate the '12 steering wheel and I don't like the new look of the speedo, etc. Another reason I am SO GLAD I decided to get the '11 and not wait to order a new one.

Also, a person can definitely fit in the trunk. I've had someone in my trunk. I know that sounds bad, but the guy offered to be the guinea pig to see if a body could really fit in there. Actually I do believe you could squeeze two bodies in there. But boxes? Yeah, not easy to fit boxes in there.

Haha yeah I guess people can just curl up, I've been in my trunk trying to wrestle a dolly out of my car come to think of it.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #110
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Yeah, there is currently only ONE tuner for the Camaro V6 and that is through Trifecta tuning. There are also currently no supercharger kits, but there is a single turbo and a couple twin turbo kits available, but currently we can't get past 500 crank HP because of the fuel issue.

As for E85, its a new thing but there are a couple guys here running it. There is a long thread about it in the V6 section, and then also some recent posts in the V6 1/4 mile drag section about another user who has recently tried it. He ran a 13.7 in 1800 DA weather...with correction it equates to a 13.2 or 13.3.

I just wonder, besides sensors and a tune able to handle E85, what else makes this new engine able to run E85? Many feel that if tuned correctly, modern engines can likely run E85 safely, but so far we can't say for sure.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #111
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
be my baby

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #112
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Plastic Intake Manifold Noooooooo!!!! I hope its thick and rigid because I have very bad memories from the manifold on my old mustang.
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote