Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Pfadt Coilover question

Noticed on my front Pfadt coilover a bolt that is loose when off the ground on my lift. Does anyone know what this bolt is for? Its the one right above and on the side of the spindle mount bolt. Center of pic head facing camera. Looks like a 15mm bolt. I looked on Pfadt website and no info in install directions and pic does not show it there. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
That is a camber adjustment bolt for alignment purposes. You can remove it so it won't back out and damage your wheel. It is only used to adjust camber during an alignment and has no function other then during an alignment.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
That is a camber adjustment bolt for alignment purposes. You can remove it so it won't back out and damage your wheel. It is only used to adjust camber during an alignment and has no function other then during an alignment.
Thanks. I was thinking of that but I am no expert with the suspension. Beer on me if you ever make it to Ventura ca.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Exactly. That bolt was used by your alignment ship as an aid when they were setting up the alignment. The factory alignment adjustment bolt is quite a bit smaller than that, but the bolt that's left there will work just as well.

You can either remove it or leave it in. Either way it's not effecting the performance or operation of the coilover. The bolts you really need to make sure are tight are the two that secure the coilover to the spindle.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I bought two high grade bolts to put in those holes after the first alignment slipped. Was probably the alignment shops fault but it's cheap insurance. Just bottom them out and leave them.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote