Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #197
Fabberge

Drives: C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
Is that the highest you have gone with your particular tune ??
12lbs is a lot for a V6.
If I get it boosted I will keep it at 9lbs at the most.
stock LFX engine is capable of holding 14 psi. we recommend not to go over 12 psi on a stock block.
Fabberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #198
Fabberge

JantzenOKC, congrats! Camaro def moves out
Old 03-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #199
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Is that the highest you have gone with your particular tune ??
12lbs is a lot for a V6.
If I get it boosted I will keep it at 9lbs at the most.
Yeah I'm trying to keep it under 12. And keep in mind that I'm still running the canned tune. I'm data logging all my runs and the most timing advance I'm seeing at WOT is 14 degrees. So I think there will be some gains with a better "less safe" tune. I'm working on that now so we will see.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #200
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabberge View Post
JantzenOKC, congrats! Camaro def moves out
Thanks man, it feels good to be at the track and make 8 runs and win every race. And most of them against modded V8's.

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 03-09-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #201
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Thanks man, it feels good to be at the track and make 8 runs and win every race. And most of them against modded V8's.
Amazing congrats on beating V8's.
I would have loved getting an SS but I am in love with my V6 and if I can still get that V8 power in a V6 then why not.
This seems the way to go getting a TT set. :-)

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #202
Fabberge

rgrmoreira13, Redline Motorsports can do an install of one of our kits for you
Old 03-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #203
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabberge View Post
rgrmoreira13, Redline Motorsports can do an install of one of our kits for you
My friend got her ZL1 done there.
I know they do good work. I will call and get a quote.
Or get sponsored to get to promote it here down south.
I've haven't seen that many TT V6 down here. The weather is great for it as well. Nor have I seen any TT V6 M6. Just throwing it out there.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #204
JantzenOKC

Well Brian sent me my new tune file to put in the car today, it should just be the same tune but with a more aggressive tuning map for the 93 octane. Hopefully this works out well and I can use this as my 93 tune and the tune I'm running now for my 91 tune, since we only have 93 octane at 2 stations in the whole city and it's 4.50-5.00/gallon compared to 2.80/gallon for 91 octane. I need to go put some gas in the Camaro, I barely made it back home Sunday coming back from the track. Then hopefully tomorrow I'll load this tune and go make some data logs for them to look at.

Maybe this will take another tenth or so off my 1/4 time... that and some killer DA and I might get close to the 11's. I'm not going to worry about getting it to where I can do a brake stand. Maybe later but I'm worried that by getting it to where I can brake stall it might take power away by adding torque management back in and all that. Plus I prob don't need that right now anyway. Maybe I'll look into that later when I upgrade to the 3.27 ss rear diff/cradle, stall convertor, and drag radials. For right now its nice to be able to make these runs with NO tire spin on General gmax's.

I'm so glad I went the Fabberge turbo route. It was a toss up between this and the IPF supercharger. I think I would have been disappointed in the supercharger and would of had to spend a fortune trying to make it fast. I think at a better track with good DA this kit makes a stock LFX a high 11 sec car. So in theory, you could by an LS for 19,999 and add this kit and have an 11 sec V6 for 30K that still knocks out 30mpg and the reliability is there too. Good job Fabberge!

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 03-10-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #205
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Great times! I think the ZL1 driver needs some more seat time
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #206
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Great times! I think the ZL1 driver needs some more seat time
Yes he was spinning and was a manual. Our 60ft times were close on the last race, his spinning or bogging and my taking off slow. He said the car was totally stock. Being side by side with him on the 2nd half of the track told me a lot about the power my cars making. Unless he was lifting which I dought, my power versus weight is not THAT far off a manual zl1. He had just under 2mph on me.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #207
JamesDean

Drives: 2010 FBO 335i, 2013 RS Camaro v6
I wish we had a piggyback system similar to the JB4 my BMW has where it auto-tunes (Lil Wayne) based on your fuel, FBO mods & you can swap maps on the fly, but we don't have nearly enough TTv6 Camaros around.

This kit really makes me think about keeping my '13 & installing it, but SC roads have been damaged by mortar shells so there are craters & metal plates everywhere.
If I see you break into the 11's without meth or drags then I'm going to do it.
JamesDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:55 PM   #208
JantzenOKC

I still haven't tried the new tune yet. I pulled the plugs to check my gaps since I had just a tiny bit of popping on my very last run just like it did when my gap was too high just not as bad. One of my plug ends looks dark and that one and the one next to it have oil on the threads. No running problems and the car still pulled hard on the way back from the strip. So I did a cranking compression test and a cylinder leakdown test on all cylinders. Both the cylinders in question checked out good and were the strongest readings of all of them. So I just screwed a new set of plugs in it and I'm going to drive it like it is for a bit so I can look at them. Pretty sure everything is ok I just want to make sure before I put more timing to it. It's definitely oil and not fuel, not sure how it got in there with such good results with the compression and leakdown tests. Hopefully not cracked oil rings... I did push it pretty hard at the track though lol. Scared me at first but its still running great so I wont worry about it just will have to keep my eye on it.
Attached Images

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 03-18-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #209
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Is it just the kit alone that you are using and getting all these gains ??
I want to get it but I have a M6 so I consider as well if my clutch can handle it and if I need a better fuel injectors, and fuel pump for all that extra power. Hopefully I am able to get this kit.
For this poster and any other poster concerned, an M6 V6 bone stock is perfectly compatible for this kit. Our fuel injectors cannot be upgraded. They are direct injection injectors and run, if memory serves, 103#. The in tank pump does not need to be upgraded if you do not break 500whp, again if memory serves. And the clutch holds up fine, as Cant_C_Me has shown, but an upgrade would probably be good.

On topic, Jantzen, I am assured through your claims about this kit. It is definitely on my to do list now.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #210
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
My cars lil sis takin down some big boys... Freakin awesome... Lovin it...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote