Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
What exactly comes with RS

I was on the Chevy website and was building a 1LE and when I picked the RS package, it was expensive and just confused me. Do the wheels change? I was reading on here where possibly the tires change?
What is the difference between a 1SS 1LE and a 1SS 1LE RS.

And Is the NPP exhaust worth The $800+, or would I be better off just buying an Borla axle back?
Thanks
Gary
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
RS package includes:
- body color shark fin antenna
- HID headlights
- body color roof ditch molding
- Midnight silver wheels (but the 1LE package wheels trump this - so you keep the black 10 spoke wheels)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
If you can live without the HID Headlights.....then don't get it. That's really the only good option on the 1LE-RS.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
And you can do a HID retrofit if you want some lights. I got mine done for about $500.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Your question has been answered above as far as what is included.

I bought a 1LE with the RS and the NPP Exhaust. I had the RS package on my 1LT and loved it, and felt it was a must to have the Halo's/HIDs again, but like others have said it can be installed after the fact, but I didn't feel like it was worth the headache for a few hundred dollars in savings.

The NPP exhaust is great, I like it a lot, it's loud but not too loud at start up and at the right times, and quiet when I just want to drive normally, and it's awesome on the highway, much quieter than my V6 was with an ARK DT-S exhaust which is one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts.

Either way you won't be disappointed... If I had to choose I would spend the money on a 2SS before I bought the RS/NPP, but that's me
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
LRJet35

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
NPP exhaust is def worth it, as was said above its pretty loud and sounds great when you want it to (start up, and when you're higher RPM's on the throttle) but just cruising on the highway it quiets down and you don't get an unwanted drone. Plus it adds a lot to the look of the car with the polished quad tips over the standard dual exhaust IMO. For the price def worth it.
LRJet35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
My 2 cents is NPP couldn't imagine mine without it,it is so super cool.I would pay twice for it,it makes me smile every time i start her.I have the fuse pulled and would never put it back in.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Agreed I love the NPP and was going to go for the Borla ATAK initially. I went to the only local dealer that had a 2013 fitted with NPP and listened to the exhaust before making my decision. I have the exhaust controller in and love the option to turn on the dual mode function to quiet it down when on long highway trips. Plus for the price you cant beat it, you can get NPP and hi-flow cats for less than the ATAK!!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
I remember reading something about the 2010's that the tail lights were a darker shade, is this still true on the 2013's?
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote