Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Toronto Area Owners What Dealership are you using

So after reading all the trouble TJ has had with his clutch/tranny problems at Gateway I'm not sure I want them touching my Camaro. I bought mine from John Logan who ended up being a casualty of the GM dealership downsizing a year ago...and for good reason. My next closest dealership is either Gateway or Orangeville Chevrolet, pretty much the same distance to both, just in different directions. Think we need to start a thread for dealership recommendations, the good, the bad and the down right ugly.

Can anyone recommend a dealership that they have had good service from? I know there have to be some good ones out there but it seems to me that they (dealerships) have learned absolutely nothing from GM's trip to the edge of the obis. Some how they seem to see themselves as having never been part of the problem.... WRONG!

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Wilson Niblett has been fantastic during the sales process. I haven't had the car in for service yet though.
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I bought from Leggat Chev in Etobicoke, the sales staff were awesome, I had my 1st oil change done this month, but haven't had service beyond that.

http://www.leggatchev.com/

They also have a store in Burlington which I'm sure is also great, because the Sales Manager went from the Rexdale location, to help set up the transition of brands.

http://www.leggatpontiac.com/

Last edited by SQUALO; 04-30-2010 at 08:21 PM.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciandrew View Post
Wilson Niblett has been fantastic during the sales process. I haven't had the car in for service yet though.
I've here a lot of good things about them. They are huge supporters of the Ontario Camaro Nationals and Camaros in general.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Corrado

Drives: 2008 Corvette C6
WN has been great with my cars and their technicians really know their stuff.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Highland Chevrolet in Aurora is where I bought as well as where I work. I'd love for you all to come here and let me pass on some discounts.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
JPMETAL

Drives: Yellow Yolanda
You can try Georgetown Chevy (Not sure they still called that) I think they were sold recenty. I use Applewood in Mississauga. They are not the greatest but it's on the way to work and convenient.
JPMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

If anyone is needing or wanting to inquire about SLP stuff, I'm able to get good pricing on it. The more I get together, of course, the bigger the price break. Hope everyone has had great dealings with their respective sales and service teams. With all of the change in the last year or so, we should all be putting forth our top efforts to make the buying and maintaining process as enjoyable as possible.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Gateway is pretty bad, ive been dealing with them since 2000 and their service has just gone downhill.
I wouldnt recoomend them to anyone, they dont hold their end of a deal, and to them, your just another sale. They have absolutely no care about you or your car.
The guy who towed my car on the flatbed, he cared alto about my car and took his time with it and explained every step to me so that i was comfortable. Thats great customer service. Im writing a letter to his company to let them know how great he was.
Im in search of a good dealer as well.
PS the John Logan dealership was terrible, anyone remember their fake z28 option list with deposit?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Matster...or anyone looking, where abouts are you and I can see what dealerships are close and which ones are generally better from the ones left. I'd love you to come to mine but know it's not necessarily convenient for everyone. I know people at most dealers so even if they are not as good as some, I can refer you to people who will take care of you if I can.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I cant help you with Toronto dealers but in my case i bought mine in Ottawa from Myers http://myerschevy.myers.ca/en/. They are amazing to say the least. All they want to do is make you a happy customer. I was 1400 kms away Steve George took care of everything it went smooth as you can get. They are real pro's i bought a inventory car they knew to keep the build sheet,MRSP sticker and not to put on the front bracket for your plate. A few weeks later i received a package in my mail with a 2010 Camaro brochure with the whole dealership signing it. They get all my business in the future from now on. Highly recommended
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
For right in TO you're going to have a hard time beating Humberview. Service is fantastic and they're great to deal with. I guess I've bought 5 cars there now. That's my opinion anyway. And.... when I was last in there the sales manager was showing me the Foose 22's that just arrived for his 2SS
Anyone interested in a purchase can PM me and I'll pass along the best person to speak to.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
my dealer didnt even know where my car was today!
Apparently it takes an hour and a half to do a 20km "Road Test"
Will post more details in a bit
Still dont have my car
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #14
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
let you know how service is at addison when i get something done, gotta do my right mirror still but no time...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote