Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADM RACE SCOOP INSTALL PICS

Enjoy!

Here are 4 pics of an installed Race Scoop. The first 2 show the airbreak that has to be cut. The 2nd pic shows the inside view with the airbreak support ribs. These ribs are the reference for your cuts to the airbreak. The leading edge of the ribs establish the vertical line for the vertical cut and the lower rib is the line for the horizontal. The 3rd pic shows the supplied bolt to replace the horn bolt for one of our brackets on the scoop. The 4th pic shows the 3 original washer bottle bolts and the lowest of the 3 is also a mounting location for the scoop.

#1 -

#2 -

#3 -

#4 -

Links for email

http://i50.tinypic.com/r/24enhmt/6
http://i48.tinypic.com/r/2i6jiiq/6
http://i49.tinypic.com/r/34pns5u/6
http://i47.tinypic.com/r/osecz4/6

Last edited by ADM PERFORMANCE; 10-27-2010 at 11:45 AM.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
I actually Removed my lid the other night when installing my windshield washer bottle and happened to look down and see how it all worked
Very Cool and helpful pics Andy

Seems a locust wanted to lay on top of my IAT sensor and Die what a ride that was to get to that sensor.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
If you made a hole here in the side of the plastic below and to the side of the scoop you have installed, and ran a 3" flex hose up into the air cavity of the CAI, would it provide air flow comparable to your scoop?
Attached Images

Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
If you made a hole here in the side of the plastic below and to the side of the scoop you have installed, and ran a 3" flex hose up into the air cavity of the CAI, would it provide air flow comparable to your scoop?
Thats very interesting question however I would think ADM would do what they think best works for there intake. I'm sure there has been a lot of hours put into designing this little scoop and how it works. I need to post up some pics soon of what it looks like with the lid off looking down into the intake. You Basically have a little Room like space with a opening which is the scoop. The Scoop is about in length of elbow to your knuckles from the Large Air Element
so it gets there air there.

There have been other aftermarket CAI's for other cars that have used what you are speaking of Try it and post up some pics someone may want to do it as well.

Beautiful car by the way
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
thanks for the pics.

i'll have to check mine when i get home. i don't think i put the other 2 washer bottle bolts back, but i should still have them in my toolbox. and i don't think i put that weatherstripping piece in the right spot either.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
thanks for the pics.

i'll have to check mine when i get home. i don't think i put the other 2 washer bottle bolts back, but i should still have them in my toolbox. and i don't think i put that weatherstripping piece in the right spot either.
Hi Red Jewel, easy access through removal of the left finder liner. Turn steering full right, remove two screws, and a couple of plastic push pins and you should be able to get in to replace the washer bottle bolts if you desire. Much easier to remove entire liner. Good Luck
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
I installed that intake and the remaining 2 stock bolts DO NOT have to be reinstalled. Just something I do for the customers to help have mounting bolts for say the washer motor and run a hose to mount your own water supply to retain a windshield washer.

I made a simple aluminum loop bracket like an adele clamp to hold the stock washer motor and I mounted it with the highest bolt. something for Race Intake owners to consider.

If you must I suggest forgetting about the fender liner access and just pull the lid and MAF housing and filter and you have DIRECT access to those bolts.

YOUR WELCOME!

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
gearhead440

Drives: Yellow 2SS, 6 speed manual
Scoop arrived in the mail today. I will be installing it and the CAI once I have installed the UD pulley (finally arrived today, also).
gearhead440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i realize they don't have to be reinstalled but i know they are there and not lost in a pile of junk should i ever have a crazy reason to remove the scoop and reinstall the washer bottle.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
i realize they don't have to be reinstalled but i know they are there and not lost in a pile of junk should i ever have a crazy reason to remove the scoop and reinstall the washer bottle.
That would be my EXACT thinking as to why EVERY Race Intake I have installed has the unused stock bolts reinstalled....

I can't predict anyones future plans so I put them where they belong.

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I didn't get a weather piece strip in the box with my Race Scoop ;( No matter...not sure what it benefits. it was an easy install but I found it even easier to remove the wheel as well as the liner.
I like the small JC Whitney washer bag - I rarely use any fluid anyway...

My 2 unused bolts are in a bag inside the original washer bottle Along with the JC Whitney washer motor. I used the OEM washer motor in the bag way easier
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
tag, be installing mine in a few weeks

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
I installed that intake and the remaining 2 stock bolts DO NOT have to be reinstalled. Just something I do for the customers to help have mounting bolts for say the washer motor and run a hose to mount your own water supply to retain a windshield washer.

I made a simple aluminum loop bracket like an adele clamp to hold the stock washer motor and I mounted it with the highest bolt. something for Race Intake owners to consider.

If you must I suggest forgetting about the fender liner access and just pull the lid and MAF housing and filter and you have DIRECT access to those bolts.

YOUR WELCOME!

Time to show what freemaSSon did to mine this is what he is speaking of Thanks Pat looks Very clean and works awsome now that I got my washer bottle installed.

Everyone keep in mind Andy is working on a washer bottle for the Race intake so if thats why your not getting one hold your horses ADM quality comes in the future to this mod as well.

The vacuum hose going up the frame goes to my bottle the other goes to the squirters

Very nice design and Thanks Pat for doing this I was going to push the washer motor into the bottle however this is a cleaner way to do it .
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
So where did you put your washer bottle?
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote