Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-23-2015, 02:12 AM   #1
IamR3D88

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT RS
LFX vs '14 Focus ST vs '15 Genesis Coupe

I just got the chance to see how my car stacks up against a some worthy competition.

My car is a 2015 2LT RS. Stock performance, stock p-zeros (4500mi), auto (though paddles were used for proper roll race launches.)

The Focus was a 2014 ST. I knew the car had a good HP disadvantage, but a large weight advantage. The times I could find on the internet were actually having me worry a bit about this car. It was also manual (though i *think* all STs are.)

The Genesis is a brand new 2015 Ultimate Edition (track suspension/brembos/added creature comforts) coupe. Most places online said the '13 and up had 311hp, but he was saying 324, and I found a webpage stating 348 on premium and auto downtunes for lower octane (although it never said how much) I also know this car is smaller and lighter, so i was really nervous for this one.

Well, I roll raced the Genesis twice and the Focus once and they were so neck and neck it was unbelievable. My intention was see what car was pulling ahead then let off... well I ended up over 130 with both with NO victor. They raced each other as well and we all pretty much agreed they have pretty much the same ability going straight.

I had the opportunity to race the ST from a dig as well and absolutely left him. Results may have been different if he had a bit more experience launching though as he spun the hell outta 1st and chirped pretty strong into 2nd.

Overall, great experience. Although none of these cars are "racing machines" and the other guys are daily drivers through winter as well, I was pleasantly surprised by my ability to keep up. I've seen many videos on the Focus ST and the Genesis coupe with really high things to say about them, and if the internet is to believe, the V6 Camaro "is a pig." Well, they must just hold it to a higher standard or something.
IamR3D88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Went from an '11 Gen coupe GT (306 crank HP stock) to my SS. I quite liked the Gen Coupe. It was a nice car, reliable, loved corners, could hang the rear end out on demand, and I found it to be very competitive with cars at a similar price point / performance level.

Glad you had fun against a new one. Now get modding and beat him next time.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
I went from the Tiburan to the Genesis. Big difference. I bought a Mustang GT new in 1982. (the Horsepower of 157bhp was way under rated as Ford was known to do) Put a 4 brl and some headers and new exhaust. I had a modded Mitsu Lancer after My Integra and before the two Hyundai. ( I went through my ricer period) Then a couple of import sedans before getting my Camaro. This brings me to my point.

Why do some people have to hate other cars in order to like their car? I have noticed on Camaro5 that most people like more than just their Camaro but when I see a facebook posting ad or other non Camaro5.com articles about, Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Vipers etc.... There are always a lot of posts like, "Mustangs suck Camaros rule" or something to that effect.

First of all I am not brand loyal. I've owner every American, Japanese and German Make(sold in the US) in my 52 years. I don't know why you want to keep buying the same make of car over and over again. I have owned 7 GM cars (by far the most of any other builder.)

This is probably related to a psychological study which stated that in order for people to confirm their own beliefs they must disagree with anything that is counter to their beliefs. This was geared towards politics but I think it could be extrapolated to car people. Why must be Mustangs be bad if Camaros are good? My choice came down to Mustang vs Camaro vs Challanger this year. I like them all and would like to own them all but that wasn't an option. I eliminated the Challanger first because I like the other two more. I chose the Camaro simply because I owned a Mustang before. And as I said before, I've never bought the same model car twice and due to GM offering more incentives on the '15 it was considerably less expensive than the Mustang.

Where was I....Oh yea, the Genesis is fast
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote