Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #57
BradySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Yea there is a big difference between playing on some back road and real racing at the strip. where everything is actually broken down right on the time slip. Here is my best slip from last year. I'm 7833. I don't know who your racing on the back roads. But anyone that's knows what their doing will beat you at the strip in a 5.0. Lightly modded or stock. It's a simple matter of being lighter and in my case having more HP. It's the same reason the 6 gen Camaros are faster now than a Mustang.
LOL ok you win. Everything that I said was not true and I've never been able to beat bolt on 5.0s. You caught me! Everyone just give up making your Camaros faster you will never be able to beat bolt on 5.0s even if you think you did in the past this didn't happen.
BradySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #58
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradySS View Post
LOL ok you win. Everything that I said was not true and I've never been able to beat bolt on 5.0s. You caught me! Everyone just give up making your Camaros faster you will never be able to beat bolt on 5.0s even if you think you did in the past this didn't happen.
Don't whine and cry. I didn't say you didn't win or call you a liar. I just said the lighter more powerful car is going to win when driver error is factored out. Everyone saying they handle 5.0s easily has yet to post up an intake/tune 11 second slip. I posted up my slip as undisputed proof of what (MY 5.0) can do. Once you get past the most basic mods it's anyone's ball game.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 03-05-2016 at 06:30 PM.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:11 PM   #59
denooo11
Dean Voss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to denooo11
Camaro against the new 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnz06 View Post
I have an 2010 2ss with CAI & an exhaust system. I was wondering how I would match up against the new 5.0 mustang in the 0-60 & quarter mile?
I was wondering how I would match up also. I have dynoded my Camaro on a Mustang dyno , and this dyno reads lower HP than any other does. My Camaro did 603 HP with lowered gears to 3.91's, 17" whells, One piece 3 " driveshaft ,Hoosier slicks, and more suspension parts like Subframe connectors
denooo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #60
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by denooo11 View Post
I was wondering how I would match up also. I have dynoded my Camaro on a Mustang dyno , and this dyno reads lower HP than any other does. My Camaro did 603 HP with lowered gears to 3.91's, 17" whells, One piece 3 " driveshaft ,Hoosier slicks, and more suspension parts like Subframe connectors
You make 603WHP and you wonder how you'd do against a stockish 5.0??? Really?
Old 03-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #61
Dnz06

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
You make 603WHP and you wonder how you'd do against a stockish 5.0??? Really?
lol!!!!! He should be more worried about stock lambos & z06's
Dnz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:54 PM   #62
Dnz06

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradySS View Post
lol epic
Dnz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:07 AM   #63
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Luckily few mustangs have what some call the "driver mod."
https://youtu.be/1L4EnFTN1lo
Old 03-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #64
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
Luckily few mustangs have what some call the "driver mod."
https://youtu.be/1L4EnFTN1lo
I love that old video. But to your point. Every make suffers from lack of driver mod. I don't know how many Corvettes, GT500s, Hellcats. I've seen and raced that struggle to get within a second of the times they should be running with an experienced driver.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #65
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
I love that old video. But to your point. Every make suffers from lack of driver mod. I don't know how many Corvettes, GT500s, Hellcats. I've seen and raced that struggle to get within a second of the times they should be running with an experienced driver.
Totally agree, just having a little fun, people get too caught up in car rivalries. Just drive what you like, there will always be someone faster than you.