Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #1
Sinaavi

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallica Camaro LS
Odd engine noise

I have searched the forums, but didn't see anything quite the same.
So, I have this weird engine noise. I am thinking it could possibly be something fuel related as it seems more evident when letting off the throttle or at a constant throttle. When accelerating the noise isn't as noticeable. It does also seem to be more evident when the engine is cooler. It had been awhile since I had cleaned the fuel system, so I put in some 44K, with no effect. I have heard it in the past, but it went away, but this time it seems worse. I have also tried going under the hood to try and narrow down where it is, but doesn't seem to be making it when not moving. And while driving at an idle sometimes it sounds like a loud diesel engine, more so then the typical engine noise which I'm aware of.
I have a recording attached...any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (sorry for the loud turn signal noise LOL)
Attached Files
File Type: zip OddNoise.zip (1.71 MB, 67 views)
Sinaavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Manual or automatic?
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
Sinaavi

Sorry, forgot to specify that. It is a manual. The 3.6L V6. The only mod I have on it is the K&N air intake.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
Sinaavi

Goodbye Camaro

Well, it also threw a code about a camshaft position sensor. So as I was addressing that I noticed the clip holding the sensor was broke. I replaced it, but upon starting it up noticed that the sensor is kind of bouncing back and forth. So internally the sensor is being hit, so something broke with the engine inside. It didn't throw any other codes though, which ironically is what happened with the first engine that was in the car. Long story short, the car was also involved in a hail storm. Repairs to the car will exceed the value, so it is a total loss. So, thinking I will be ditching the Camaro and going to another car. It was fun while it lasted, but am now nervous to buy another one. Two engines in 6 years and 40,000 miles....that's a little ridiculous. I will still have a spot in my heart for Camaro, and might have another down the road, but won't at the moment.