Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #29
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTBY View Post
Here we go again.

What did you guys do to the cooling system to support all that additional power while running the car hard on a race track for an extended period of time?

* crickets *
This customer does not plan on road coursing the car. He wanted it for street use therefore the environment this particular car will see will not induce temperatures that would be a concern. In addition we also switch cars like this to better quality oils that are much better suited for high temps...

Not a hard topic to address......if this were an application for the track we either would not of recommended the PHASE 4 package (which utilizes the Whipple) OR would of ran the engine at lower pressures to back off some power.

This particular power level in my opinion is a bit much for the road course.
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #30
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Additional HP is the last thing I'm concerned with when you're talking about a track car.

I'm going to take a silly guess and say that this 1,000 hp ZL1 1LE is now ruined from being able to make laps at speed now. So why didn't the owner start with a standard ZL1?
Cause he has money and doesn't care.......
Old 09-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #31
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Two questions if you don't mind:

1 - What tires would you recommend at this power level?
2 - Were you able to tune out the ELSD lag at launch?

Thanks
oh boy recommendations....LOL

1) Tires are the most important part of the car. Power, breaking and handling all forced to that patch on the road. Surprisingly the factor tire with this power actually takes it "ok" although its not hard to boil them off. As has been debated its all in the owners goals as to what the car is for. I have a feeling these factor tires will be down or cords quick and most likely this car will get a M/T drag radial in the rear for premium bite.

2) The control module for ELSD is not something we have control over. At this point the engine control module and fuel pump control module is what we can get into. This is most likely in the chassis or EBCM module. There are however other control functions in the ECM that can improve the LT4's laziness...
Old 09-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #32
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
oh boy recommendations....LOL

1) Tires are the most important part of the car. Power, breaking and handling all forced to that patch on the road. Surprisingly the factor tire with this power actually takes it "ok" although its not hard to boil them off. As has been debated its all in the owners goals as to what the car is for. I have a feeling these factor tires will be down or cords quick and most likely this car will get a M/T drag radial in the rear for premium bite.

2) The control module for ELSD is not something we have control over. At this point the engine control module and fuel pump control module is what we can get into. This is most likely in the chassis or EBCM module. There are however other control functions in the ECM that can improve the LT4's laziness...
Thank you. I didn't read the other responses until just now. Can you tell us a little bit more about how the stock tires handle WOT with this kind of power while moving? Are you breaking traction while doing 70mph in 4th for example, or do they hold? I'm really curious.

Thanks also for clarifying the ELSD.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #33
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Thank you. I didn't read the other responses until just now. Can you tell us a little bit more about how the stock tires handle WOT with this kind of power while moving? Are you breaking traction while doing 70mph in 4th for example, or do they hold? I'm really curious.

Thanks also for clarifying the ELSD.
Camaro's typically take power pretty good compared to say the Corvettes. We did a couple roll hits at about 70 and the car dead hooks.....at lower speeds and lower gears it will boil them.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #34
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Camaro's typically take power pretty good compared to say the Corvettes. We did a couple roll hits at about 70 and the car dead hooks.....at lower speeds and lower gears it will boil them.
How does it feel compared to a procharger? I can't decided which route I want to go.
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #35
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Red Line, What is the cost for this setup?

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #36
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
You're absolutely right.

But I'm seeing a pattern here with "Camaro owners" that will likely go something like this - most ZL1 1LE owners won't even take their cars to the track even though they bought a full blown track car. It's sad. And, I've seen more threads about adding big horsepower to these cars than threads discussing track driving and discussions on track setup. That's why we need a 1LE subform so you "horsepower" guys can talk about the things that us track guys could give 2 shits about.
You're never going to believe this, but there are people that get 4-wheel drive and never leave the pavement too.....the nerve of these people.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 PM   #37
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
You're absolutely right.

But I'm seeing a pattern here with "Camaro owners" that will likely go something like this - most ZL1 1LE owners won't even take their cars to the track even though they bought a full blown track car. It's sad. And, I've seen more threads about adding big horsepower to these cars than threads discussing track driving and discussions on track setup. That's why we need a 1LE subform so you "horsepower" guys can talk about the things that us track guys could give 2 shits about.

Dude, if you do not give "2 shits" then get off this thread. Nobody needs to hear your negative comments.

What is great about having these cars or any car in general is that it is your car and you can do what you want. Did you ever think if the guy wanted a track only car he can easily afford one AND have this badass street car that has 1k HP? Trust me, it is a ton of fun having 1k hp in any car...and it is street drivable and can track it for FUN.

This is probably his 6th car he owns LOL... And FYI a ZL1 1LE is not a "full blown track car" = has a stereo, A/C, heat and four seats in it...LOL come on man...give me a break.
2012 Ford F450 Super Duty
Prior cars:
2015 Z/28 Redline Motorsports SC725 (see profile for build details, Redline Motorsports youtube, Super Chevy article, etc)
2010 SS Supercharged with other mods...(two of this model)
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (two of this model)
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:59 AM   #38
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
In reality though, the car is now worthless on the track. It's balance is gone and there are no tires that exist capable of holding it other than DR's. He can take it to the drag strip, but all the down force would be working against it...probably the ELSD too.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #39
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyskill View Post
Would be best to contact us direct regarding your inquiry. The shop number is (954) 703-5560 or you can hit Rich up at rich@redline-motorsports.net

Thanks

Last edited by Redline Motorsports; 09-21-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #40
Rich-RedlineMotorsports

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmyskill View Post
We have several other packages available for the ZL1 as well. Some that aren't set on "kill" as our phase 4 is, especially packages better for road course applications.

Give me a shout @ 954-703-5560 M-F 8-5 EST to discuss your performance desires.
Rich-RedlineMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #41
Rich-RedlineMotorsports

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
How does it feel compared to a procharger? I can't decided which route I want to go.
Instant torque VS progressive power increase with RPM is the best way to describe the difference between the two.

The type of blower really depends on the application.
Rich-RedlineMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote