Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #99
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Oh come on! That was a drunk driving incident!

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #100
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Oh come on! That was a drunk driving incident!
Ah yes...that post was pointless because we all know that anyone under 21 wouldn't dream of drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car...especially the OP's son who is very responsible...not to mention well experienced at driving on wet roads, navigating through snow and ice and handling 700 hp expertly without supervision...all well before he could legally drive.

Honestly...it's hard for me to believe that the recipient of this car could be all that level headed when his own father has displayed such a lack of good judgement time and time again.

Last edited by Envy; 05-05-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #101
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
You are considering buying your son a non 2SS Camaro at 16?? Clearly you are not in the 1%...Do you want him to be made fun of at all the banquets? How will his classmates treat him when they see his meager V6 engine...not even pushing 400 tq...how silly...

But in all seriousness...buy him a old beater to practice on...I don't see the lesson he is going to learn from getting a brand new car at such a young age...unless you are teaching ego inflation then by all means why not a ZL1? An older car will teach him appreciation for what he has and lower the chances of him ending up on a telephone pole quite drastically...
Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #102
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
call me old fashion, but a 16 year old should buy his own car, with his own money.

wait, maybe im just jealous
Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #103
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Ah yes...that post was pointless because we all know that anyone under 21 wouldn't dream of drinking alcohol and getting behind the wheel of a car...especially the OP's son who is very responsible.
You're so full of it. You know damn well that can happen at any age. And legally, the guys in that horrible crash were considered adults. Stupidity know no age.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #104
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
also, I dont know a single person that was a better driver at 16, than say, 21

not saying they cant be safe at that age, just saying they will most likely be better and safer drivers with a few years real world driving experience. I'm a driving instructor, i know this shit.

either way, its your kid, do what you want.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #105
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
You're so full of it. You know damn well that can happen at any age. And legally, the guys in that horrible crash were considered adults. Stupidity know no age.
Yes it CAN happen at any age...so what's your point? I didn't post the video...and if the OP's son decides to drink and drive it won't likely matter what kind of car he owns.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #106
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny_RS View Post
Hey all that advice about a young kid with a Camaro is true I'm 18 I bought my car by my self with a lil help of dad (he knew the owner of the dealership I got a discount )..anyways my buddy has a 2011 2SS his 17 and a pretty chill person but when his friends tell hem to show off he goes crazy he almost crash for spending then he almost ran over a student on a parking lot showing off. I drive a 2010 RS so I'm not really crazy for power or showing off but the msg here is you can't trust a young person with a fast car.
From the horse's mouth. Good (honest) post.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #107
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
why would you even put that.. not even something to joke about.
I'm pretty sure "heRS" was not joking. This, my young friend, is serious shit and happens all too often.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #108
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Oh, well, shit... just get him a ZL1 then and be done with it.

I hope you don' expect us to buy this BS you're feeding us.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #109
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
I think our OP has had his share of fun with this....
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #110
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I think our OP has had his share of fun with this....
I am willing to bet that the OP is a 16 year old who is hoping to get a new Camaro for his birthday
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #111
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You guys are finally catching on.. LOL
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #112
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Lets look at this in real world terms.

First, you love your son? of course you do.
You want your son to have nice things? sure you do.
You want your son to be looked up to, to be "the man"? yup.
And of course you want your son to pull in the best hotties.

An SS will do those things for him, his friends will be in awe,the hotties will be begging to ride with your son and your son will be bragging about how awesome his dad is.

Our first cars are something we remember forever, do the right thing.

SS!

Closed Thread