Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Correct

My 07 with a non-inter cooled vortech made 407 RWHP @ 8 PSI with an O/R H pipe (cats were extremely restrictive on 3V's) with a set of axle backs, intake and tune. This was an auto car that went 12.2's in street tires.

My 05 made 456 RWHP @ 9-10 PSI with headers, O/R H, full cat back, intake, Diablo MAFia, and tune. Never got it to the track.

3V's can be very quick and make good power with good setups, supporting mods and tunes. I'd imagine my 05 would have gone well into the 11's as I purpose built it for the track but never went (work and life prevented me from having this kind of fun until I traded it in for my '14)

I've got a dyno sheet for one or both of those cars around here somewhere.
Well i know of a 07 or so gt that goes to a cruise night i attend, Nice guy...likes to play around on the street. I noticed it was supercharged....then noticed him laying 2 patches of rubber rolling down the road in front of me. Stock looking as can be....but i notice things like that. Still.....i wouldnt say no.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:02 AM   #16
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
I've asked if they'd let me drive it to a track before, since I'm curious as to what it'd run. They won't let me. lol
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #17
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMyles View Post
Grandparent's have a 2007 Shelby GT they supercharged (not a GT500, just the Shelby styling/aero package). According to them, this car is unmatched.

They've never dyno'ed or run a quarter in it, but claim it should be 490hp because "that's what the shop said it should be."

This isn't untouchable with bolt on's in a gen 5 SS, is it? From what I can gather, a mild cam should hit their rwhp given that their 490 is at the crank.

What're the chances if I can get built someday and bring them to a track?
My brother has a 2007 mustang GT (basically same as Shelby GT) with a Whipple on it. He made 487 to the wheels. His car is a manual. His best to date is 11.60's @ 121 on a Nitto DR. Here is one of his runs I got on video... kinda had a crappy launch here, but still in the 11's. Remember... this gen mustang is a lot lighter than ours.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #18
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Definitely agree, don't underestimate it. My 3V ran 12.9's @ 106 with gears, DR's and a few minor bolt-ons. No headers, factory manifolds, intake and exhaust. This was in very crappy 2500 d/a air too. When I owned it, I was only beat by 2 5th Gens. It was always on the top end. I showed them tail lights with ease from.a dig and they had to play Hella catch up. LOL A Decent setup boosted 3V is no slouch at all.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #19
BravoMyles

Drives: Blue/Black 2017 1SS
I'm not underestimating it by any means. I was just wondering if anyone knew better than I do what it'd take to pull it off in my 2010.

The thing will smoke the tires through 2nd gear and still keep spinning past that (that's all they've been willing to push it the small amount they drive it).
BravoMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #20
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
If your just going to look at dyno numbers a cammed SS will be ahead of 490 crank HP. My bolt on cammed car is 470+ to the wheels on a mustang dyno (reads lower than dynojet) at high elevation.

Now the problem is when you go to race its going to came down to chassis, suspension and tires. The back half of the Camaro has trouble putting down power in stock form. The subframe bushings are WAY too soft and allow a lot of movement in the subframe. Im waiting on a couple of sets of bushings to arrive so I can get some decent 60' times on my street tires before switching to drag radials. Im cutting 2.0 second 60's and running the 1/4 at 113 mph but it takes 13.01 seconds to get there. Granted its at elevation but I get horrible wheel hop off the line and have to let out of the throttle and pedal it to get going. Then I spin between all my shifts with the 1-2 shift breaking loose the most and sometimes having to get off the gas before itll gain traction. Then the 3-4 shift its more than a chirp and less than a full out spin but I still break traction.

The Camaro is an easy car to overpower if you don't take a balanced approach to your mods and only focus on adding power and not the stuff that's important to putting the power to the ground.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #21
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
You should sneak into their garage and plaster Buick badges on it.
Wait a minute there... Buick made some bad boys :-)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  238.3 KB
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote