Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Let's just have more regional events.....

Finally.....somebody has figured it out!

http://www.good-guys.com/PDF/GG_Schedule10.pdf

Let each region of the United States host their own FEST dates (with the scheduling help of the camoro5 staff). I'm sure there would not be a shortage of sponsors throughout the entire country.

I mean, that's what vacations are all about, right? You'll have the opportunity to attend your 'local' fest and then if you want to attend another one, GUESS WHAT? , it's already on the schedule.

Let's have a Fest every month.....just in different locations!

More Locations= more Camaros= more participants=more fun!

Bill
Frisco, TX
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Problem with that is people will just have the attitude of, "meh, i'll just go next month." and the outcome will be less as time goes on. I'm pretty sure some regions already have some kind of get together/cruise that they set up.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
I agree with you 2010Bill, If I remember right C5F started out as a South East region event and took on a life of its own.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
2010Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Problem with that is people will just have the attitude of, "meh, i'll just go next month." and the outcome will be less as time goes on. I'm pretty sure some regions already have some kind of get together/cruise that they set up.
Good point. BUT, we could start out by having regional events. For example: April and October events. Then expand to: April, July, and October events. Then eventually: January, April, July, October. I would anticipate that attendance would be great in numbers, no matter where it's held (think regional, OK?)

There will be over 120,000 first year Camaro owners. That's a lot of regional participation.

Good-Guys can't be that wrong with their model.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Bill View Post
Good point. BUT, we could start out by having regional events. For example: April and October events. Then expand to: April, July, and October events. Then eventually: January, April, July, October. I would anticipate that attendance would be great in numbers, no matter where it's held (think regional, OK?)

There will be over 120,000 first year Camaro owners. That's a lot of regional participation.

Good-Guys can't be that wrong with their model.
yeah, it could work, as a regional thing. When you said monthy, i thought you meant 12 times a year. I think it might work to have one a few times a year, maybe 3.

also, that good-guys model includes more than just one kind of car. you talk about 120,000 first year camaros vs. millions of other kinds of cars the good-guys target.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
It's a good idea. But I don't think it would be a good idea to do it EVERY month.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Regional Camaro5 Fest sounds great. That way everyone could attend at least one through out the country. Its a win-win for everyone.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Camaro Freak

Camaro5fest Regionals for 2011

Hey all,

Just got this idea from another post in this section. I say we have four regional Camaro5fest. One in each region of the US. That way everyone will have a chance to attend and enjoy. I really don't think vendor shortages would be a problem with the popularity of the Camaro. That way we could do one in its original location of Valdosta Ga for the East, maybe Texas for the South, California for the West and lets say Minnasota for the North. Dates could be spread out like January for the South, April for the East, July for the North, and October for the West. That way if you could afford to, you could take in more than one. But at least everyone would have a chance to attend. I think IMO that this will please the overall majority of Camro5 members. Hope everyone will get on board and help out in there region. I personally will volunteer to help in anyway I am needed. What do you think??
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
sounds good to me!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I like this idea. I know when I was with the elementownersclub.com we had a meet where the Element was made, East Liberty, Ohio and the first meet was there, next year it was in St. Louis, the year in Vegas (hot as hell! The devil was seen standing in the shade sweating!) and then back in Ohio. Everyone wanted to be there but those in Cali and eastcoast had problems trying to get to Ohio. In 2008 we did regionals as well. They were all held at the same time though. I do like the idea of holding them per region so more people can participate. Thumbs up on this one!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
Donked
Cadillac Pimpin' son...

Drives: '92 Aqua Blue
Wouldn't that segregate the boards? People wouldn't have the motivation to go to anything far away because they'd know that in a few months there would be one closer. People in Philly wouldn't make it down to say valdosta if we have it there again because in 3-9 months there'll be one in their back yard. It would cut down on the epic caravans and my guess is would also lower attendance for each fest.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #12
2010Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Hey all,

Just got this idea from another post in this section. I say we have four regional Camaro5fest. One in each region of the US. That way everyone will have a chance to attend and enjoy. I really don't think vendor shortages would be a problem with the popularity of the Camaro. That way we could do one in its original location of Valdosta Ga for the East, maybe Texas for the South, California for the West and lets say Minnasota for the North. Dates could be spread out like January for the South, April for the East, July for the North, and October for the West. That way if you could afford to, you could take in more than one. But at least everyone would have a chance to attend. I think IMO that this will please the overall majority of Camro5 members. Hope everyone will get on board and help out in there region. I personally will volunteer to help in anyway I am needed. What do you think??
Brilliant minds think alike, huh?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81605

Let's get the ball, I mean tires, rolling ! ! ! !
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
Camaro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Bill View Post
Brilliant minds think alike, huh?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81605

Let's get the ball, I mean tires, rolling ! ! ! !
I agree!! This way everybody wins and can enjoy the beauty of Camaro5fest!!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
2010Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donked View Post
Wouldn't that segregate the boards? People wouldn't have the motivation to go to anything far away because they'd know that in a few months there would be one closer. People in Philly wouldn't make it down to say valdosta if we have it there again because in 3-9 months there'll be one in their back yard. It would cut down on the epic caravans and my guess is would also lower attendance for each fest.
I don't know the official numbers for the first event, but what if four regional events brought in 500-750 cars each?

More Locations= More Camaros= More Participants=MORE FUN!