Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Where is the marketing?

Other than Dr Pepper 12 pack boxes and that stupid airport sketch ad (which might as well be invisible),where is the marketing?????? I've seen 3 different Mustang ads,a bunch of 370Z ads and both print and TV ads for the Genesis.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
JoeySS/RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS / RS
Its called Transformers 2 ... get with the times.

Just kidding, but I haven't seen any Mustang Adds or 370Z adds, the Genesis has a couple on the tube.

The Camaro will sell itself. Do you ever see any M3 commercials.
JoeySS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySS/RS View Post
Its called Transformers 2 ... get with the times.

Just kidding, but I haven't seen any Mustang Adds or 370Z adds, the Genesis has a couple on the tube.

The Camaro will sell itself. Do you ever see any M3 commercials.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Until GM can catch up with the preorders and existing orders..... why waste money advertising a car that is selling itself quite well already.

Now once they get caught up on the orders and actually start producing lot cars..... THEN they should put some money out there to advertise.

I'm not CEO or anything, so I dont know much about big business decisions......but I am a cheap ass.... and thats the way I would do it if it came down to spending money.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Yeah there is no point in marketing it...they're still trying to catch up with orders. The car is selling itself...maybe next spring or late winter we'll start to see some more advertising.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
There is marketing and there is advertising. You are confusing the two.

Corvette has had only 2 commercials since the C4.

But strangely, the Camaro has been on so many magazine covers over the past few months and as stated it does have a major movie role coming up. And you are here talking Camaro so I am not sure what you are concerned about. There isn't a contest between Camaro and Mustang for who pays for more TV commercials is there?

Advertising is a part of marketing. Both are intended to build brand awareness. And TV commercials are just one way to do that. And I don't think TV spots carry the same weight they used to in that regard.

Oh and I did get a nice Camaro brochure in the mail today. Does that count?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Marketing? Here it is.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Currently, demand is higher than supply. Just look around on this site. There are guys here that have been waiting for a long time and patiently. It would be a huge mistake/plunder on GM's part to market a product that is already selling itself.

So instead of spending money, that they don't have on commercials, they are using the cash to rebuild the company, so GM can last for many years to come.

The Camaro is the "cash cow" for General Motors just like the "K Car" was for Chrysler when it was rebuilding during the early 80's. With this new steady cash flow, GM can put money into research and development for small green cars that will eventually replace the Camaro.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
Other than Dr Pepper 12 pack boxes and that stupid airport sketch ad (which might as well be invisible),where is the marketing?????? I've seen 3 different Mustang ads,a bunch of 370Z ads and both print and TV ads for the Genesis.
Coming soon, to a theater near you.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
besides all the auto magazines (motortrend, C&D, GMHTP, and others), ive seen quite a few camaros posted over different magazines. I started a thread a few months ago about AAA using the camaro in their advertising. plus the Avis Camaros are advertised on United Airlines and Luftansa SkyMall catalogs. and if you want to do the math on how many different airplanes they have flying each and every day and then factor in the number of passengers on those planes each and every day.... thats a donkey ass load of advertising. plus, you have the new TF movie coming out next wednesday. and the ever-growing population of owners out driving their cars around.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Marketing? Here it is.

And that it is, good sir!!!!!