Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
SCREAMING EAGLE

Drives: 2012 CAMARO 2SS 45TH,L99
WINDOW TINTING ,HIGHWAY PATROL

So I am doing about 75 in a 45 MPH Zone. Here come the cops . Hammer down and candles lit and I am thanking God I have a clean record cause he is about to lite me up with all kinds of excessive speed reckless driving etc.

So the typical question: Do you know why I stopped you?Isaid well officer I realize I may have been a bit over the limit but two weeks ago my wife ran off with an Alabama State Trooper and I thought it was you trying to bring her back.

He said no, I want to take a measurement of the depth of tint on your glass. Sure enough my tint was twice the dept it should have been. He said take it off and bring the car with you to your court date and they will tear up the ticket and probably no even hit you for court costs.

I thanked him. And I couldnt help it but I said officer, I realize I was doing way over the limit .What about my speed?He said,dont look a gift horse in the mouth and let sleeping dogs lie.

Then I really got nervous.He said who you got Alabama or Auburn? Man get this wrong and its lights OUT. So I try to bait him and I say who you got? He goes, I asked you first. So I said ROLL TIDE! He said I knew you were a good man. Have a nice day.

And I did. Because he could have burned me real bad.
SCREAMING EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
CamaroRS/SS10

Drives: '13 Hot Wheels & '14 Z/28
Cops!

I think you will find that their are good ones as I did. Got pulled over for doing a burnout. I was doing about 30 and lite them up. Looked over and a cop was sitting in a parking lot and saw me do it and headed my way. I pulled over and he got my info and I could see through the windshield of his car as the ticket printed off and he brought it to me. He gave me a ticket for noise violation (tire spinning) and I thanked him very much. He could have been a real d**k and givin me any number of tickets that would have gone on my driving record but I paid the fine and not a moving violation so it didn't hurt my insurance. So there is nice one out there and they are human too.
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro #63 SS 6-Speed. All stock and keeping it that way.

2014 Z/28 #119 A/C car(not by choice, ordered wrong) All stock and plan to keep it that way. The kid in me wants to mod the Hell out of it but the adult says it will be worth more years down the road. The 2 of them need to stop fighting!
1983 Chevrolet C10 lowered and restoring.
1986 Chevrolet K10 6 in lift, 35's,restored daily driver for my son.
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro. Life Size Toy..
2014 Z/28 my weekend stress reliever!
2015 Checy Sonic RS
2015 Chevy Equinox
CamaroRS/SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
Before my camaro I had a xlr cadillac . I was doing 55 in a 35 and I notice a cop coming at me on the other side off the road,I said sh*t here comes a ticket. wrong he actually gave me the thumbs up what a cool cop.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Never ask about not getting a ticket lol.... I'd just pay the tint ticket but that's me, it's nice he didn't hit you with the moving violation though.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Honestly most officers are great, there are the few bad apples who spoil the image for them all. Thats great that he let you off with a big ticket and gave you one for tint.

As much as I don't always agree with Tint laws, we have to remember that we are more than likely not bad people and not a threat to an approaching officer, but there are a lot of individuals out there with dark tints who are a threat to officers and the public so tint laws do make sense.

Now the guy with the first post who is more than likely a troll I'm assuming. I will not even address that comment. But the Race card gets old quick....this coming from a Brown guy if that means anything to the op who posted that
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #6
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
For me, the problem with window tint laws is how much they vary by state. Technically, I'm ILLEGAL in my home state, but perfectly LEGAL in any state where the sun actually shines.

If it's an officer safety issue, why do some states allow 5% ("limo tint") all around?

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
Youngone

Drives: Supercharged 2013 2SS/RS
17 tint tickets and counting....
Youngone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
They don't even enforce the law here unless you tint the bottom of your windshield or run limo tint.

I'm sure they would use it as a reason to pull you over if they thought they might get a bigger arrest out of it. Same as they do with a light out.

Funny thing is, since I quit running around looking like a loser and quit hanging around with losers, I don't have problems with cops. There are even a few I call friends now.

Back in the day where I grew up, before cell phone video, they were known give azz whoopins to anybody who gave them grief so I always did the yes sir, no sir.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Never ask about not getting a ticket lol.... I'd just pay the tint ticket but that's me, it's nice he didn't hit you with the moving violation though.
Really !!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #10
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohio View Post
Well everytime I get pulled over, I almost piss my pants (scare) since I am a black man (6-5) 250 pounds.
Member since July and a guy getting pulled over prompts this as your fist post?
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #11
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Long story short, I got pulled over in Denver once for no other reason than having a Chiefs arrowhead sticker on my back window.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread has been edited.

No infractions were issued this time, but consider this a general warning. If you're unfamiliar with site rules, read them. We don't do politics here. We are all equals in this community. I don't care if you're a 500# purple lizard or a rockstar. You are equal, and we will not be labelled in this community using race, religion, size, background, or anything else to divide and separate our community. Camaro5 is the home to Camaro drivers everywhere, and that means that we will continue to provide a welcoming atmosphere, even—especially—when we disagree.

The news is increasingly hard to discuss here as it is frequently politicized. Let's try to keep the media minefield to other forums and keep Camaro5 a safe place for all manner of diverse drivers to come together.

General Warning: Let's not have a repeat of anything that was reported in this thread.

This thread will remain open. Stay awesome.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
There wasn't anything directly political spoken about, but whatever.

And 17 tint tickets? Damn dude I think you need to take a different route lol!

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
We he asked why he pulled you over.. You should have said.

"Cause I let you."
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote