Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #71
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester0612 View Post
Ohh. So then yea, it would look good with just that touch. I was going to send it to mike the powder coater also but mine is my DD and I go to school everyday so I can't be out of a car.

This weekend I'm going to put my car on jacks and spray the rotor hats flat black. Can't deal with looking at the rust everytime I see it. Then next weekend I will put it up again and paint the calipers.

I believe Mike has cores. Just tell him what you want, he does them and sends them to you. You swap them and send him back youres. Can all be done at the same time when time to install.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #72
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
My entire car is AGM with flat black accents. I am going the way of red calipers to add a little splash of color. My entire engine bay has red painted components (my build thread is linked to my signature) as well as my interior. My lights are also all red (grill and footwell), so it keeps with my theme. I think it looks awesome with black wheels and the red really stands out. Here is a pic of my calipers, which will be installed tonight.

When I had my SS, I actually had people stop me at a light and ask about my red calipers and black wheels, so they definitely are eye-catching.

Here was my SS-

Exactly!! If you're going to paint them you might as well make them standout, otherwise leave them stock.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #73
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
Exactly!! If you're going to paint them you might as well make them standout, otherwise leave them stock.

bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #74
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
IMO if you're leaving the red SS emblems on then you have to go with red calipers to compliment them!
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #75
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Sorry, I was still sleeping

Yellow does look good, I think red will be lighter than it is in the pic tho and you'll like it better still
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #76
mikester0612
Camaro 5 Muscle

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
IMO if you're leaving the red SS emblems on then you have to go with red calipers to compliment them!
Thats what I was saying. My still have the red SS on the back but the front SS is going bye bye with the heritage grill. Im still in a dilema if I should leave the heritage grill badgeless or with my black chevy logo and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
Sorry, I was still sleeping

Yellow does look good, I think red will be lighter than it is in the pic tho and you'll like it better still
Yea. Yellow is really nice but I want to keep the red
TSW Donington 22" Matte Black / Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust / Kooks Signature Stepped Headers 1 3/4" - 1 7/8" / High Flow Cats / Custom Tune / CAI Cold Air Intake / BMR 1" Lowering Springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Heritage Grill / Havoc Rear Diffuser
mikester0612 is offline   Reply With Quote