Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
AZ All Gens Camaro Club - 2013 Mt. Lemmon run - Pic Heavy

So yesterday the AZ All Gens Camaro Club did their annual Mt. Lemmon run. Around 52 Camaro's participated. Most from the Phoenix area but we also had cars from Tucson, Sierra Vista, Casa Grande, and many other areas of AZ. Temperature was around 98 degrees at 9am in Phoenix when we started. By the time we arrived in Tucson it had climbed to 103. After a quick (2) stops (one) to top off the tanks and the (second) to meet up with some additional Tucson members. We began the Mt. Lemmon climb. The temperature at that point was 105 degrees. But that all changed once we got up to the top of the mountain. 58 degrees and some off and on rain showers is what awaited us. The turns, ups and downs, switchbacks and straight aways were awesome to say the least. Unfortunately I have no photo's of the ride up the mountain but I do have video.

Warning 29 min video! And that is only because the sd card said it was full. There was still had another 10-15 ride after it stopped. (My husband and Uncle are the one's talking in the video)

Later on that same day we drove back down the mountain and had a great dinner in Vail, AZ at (Hot Rods old Vail Restaurant & Garage).

Of course all fun has to come to an end which meant we had to drive back home to the outrageous heat that Phoenix has to offer.

(Sorry about the Mustang in the photo. He was one of the club members friends). lol
Attached Images

GM factory ground effects body kit, Borla ATAK catback exhaust, Airaid Cold air Intake, Airaid Throttle body spacer, Ported Throttle body, Hawk Performance HPS Brake pads, Baer drilled and slotted decelarotor's, Hotchkis strut tower brace, Heritage grill w/ Retro SS badge, Elite Engineering catch can, Unrestricted Motorsports Dovetail spoiler, Street Scene lower grille w/ inserts, Red Jewel interior door panels, steering wheel trim, & dash trim, Oracle Red Halos, & Staggered set of Hotchkis H-Sport wheels. Dynatech Headers & High Flow Cats:P
Chicadepueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I need to get on AZ All Gens more often. Looks like fun.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Yeah I never saw a post about it. I would've gone for sure!
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
KingmanCamaro

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
I need to join up! I live in Kingman, AZ.
KingmanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #5
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanCamaro View Post
I need to join up! I live in Kingman, AZ.
http://arizonaallgenscamaroclub.com

Hopefully the link works. Create an account wait for it to be activated maybe a day wait and that's it. Hope it helps.
GM factory ground effects body kit, Borla ATAK catback exhaust, Airaid Cold air Intake, Airaid Throttle body spacer, Ported Throttle body, Hawk Performance HPS Brake pads, Baer drilled and slotted decelarotor's, Hotchkis strut tower brace, Heritage grill w/ Retro SS badge, Elite Engineering catch can, Unrestricted Motorsports Dovetail spoiler, Street Scene lower grille w/ inserts, Red Jewel interior door panels, steering wheel trim, & dash trim, Oracle Red Halos, & Staggered set of Hotchkis H-Sport wheels. Dynatech Headers & High Flow Cats:P
Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
great pics, I thought it never rained in AZ
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
great pics, I thought it never rained in AZ
lol I know right.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
Wow! Nice turnout!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.VEE.BEE View Post
Wow! Nice turnout!
Yeah it was great.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
So sad I missed it, I was back in New England that weekend.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Nice area for the run! Last time I was out in AZ. was in 2006 for the Nascar races and headed up to the mountains above Phoenix to the red rock!

Thanks for the ride
Old 08-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
it was a blast.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Glad you enjoyed our little piece of heaven. I have been driving that road for 25+ years, and I still get a rush every time. Not a bad way to escape the heat either.

During the winter it's nice to leave the 80 degree valley and head up for a day of fun in the snow.

See you all next year!
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Yes this event was again a blast and it gets better every year! Pretty cool we made the front page here very much appreciated! We left phoenix @ 9AM and met up at Udall park in Tucson where it was 108deg by noon. Just an hour or two later at the top of Mt. Lemmon it got down to 58deg thanks to a welcomed 5min burst of slushy hail. This year we had dinner after in Tucson at HotRods Old Vail restaurant.

I've been leading this event now on our 4th year so please feel free to direct any question my way. Next year's event is scheduled for the 1st Saturday in August!