Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #141
Cyberstyx

Drives: Seat Leon 1.8 20VT
Send a message via MSN to Cyberstyx
oO /drewl /puke /faint

That was rly rly RLY amazing today! A lot of info about many things! Took me 2 hours to read all info in chvy/camaro and here.

THe Reveal did not appeal to me. A lot ot talk most of the time - I guess it appealed to the very HC Camaro fans. Still, was rly rly nice seing the car actually rolling in ^^ Would have being even better if it was an SS, still, RS package rocked. Was kinda confusing though seing the car with two ppl next to it of such different height. Can't rly make out the true size of the car lol.

Regarding the specs... omg this car will rock big time! Too many options to please even the more demanding ones, and too many things offered as standard - good to see "simple" things like Bluetooth, USB and Aux IN present. Will help be "modern" and also keep the original interior of the car.

Gotta love some options though: 21" rims oO ? Short-throw shifts oO ? Performance upgrades oO ????? Not to mention the HIDs, afterburners, interior LEDs, stripes, engine covers, kick-ass sound system, 4 different interior trims... what the hell? They better put up some kick-ass 360o exterior/interior car viewer with EVERY OPTION selectable to view... I 'm so confused...

There 's still plenty of time ahead to find out when a Z28 will be released. Up to then, with aaaaaaall these options being available, I 'm only concerned what the current top dog (SS) with the complete RS package (and maybe some performance parts) would cost. I guess the next big thing I wanna know is pricing. Hope we get some info soon!

PS1: For ppl asking what happens with the badges (SS with an RS package), fbodfather has mentioned in another thread that an SS with the RS package could/would have the SS in RED instead of silver.

PS2: Gotta love the Inflator for the bigger versions. "Makes it lighter" is true too lol. The idea was prolly though that you can't have a spare in the trunk because a) the front set of wheels have different dimensions from the rear set and b) where the hell would Shunt sleep?

PS3: Oh, did I mention that this car rock rockz? Feels like Camaro has EVERYTHING you can wish for, either as a standard or as an option. Good God those Chevy doodz are crazy lol. Excellent work man, simply excellent...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #142
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
not much headroom. I can barely fit in my mustang with a helmet on. bugga. looks like I gotta look elsewhere. most disappointing
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #143
octane_n_veins

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
I just had a thought I wonder if their will be an option for RS/SS like they had in the 60's.
Not Sure but wasn't the RS/SS a combination of the SS & RS givin it the RS headlight covers on the SS?

See you on the road in early 2009!
Drive save & fast!
And if you're along for the ride...
"Shut up, keep your head on a swivel, and watch out for cops!"

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/
octane_n_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #144
mscamaro
MsCamaro2010

Drives: 2002 Toy Tacoma 4x4
Talking Awesome

So when do we get to order one?? Am on pins & needles here.

I am patiently waiting!! Already have my color picked out.
mscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #145
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsensez9 View Post
not much headroom. I can barely fit in my mustang with a helmet on. bugga. looks like I gotta look elsewhere. most disappointing

seats can be custom-lowered. i heard some vette dudes did that. dont give up yet!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #146
Lex

Drives: 1989 Jaguar XJS w/L98 swap
Alot of taller guys dive miadas in scca autocross where I am... they take the brackets off of the bottom of the seat and bolt it directly to the floor...might make it hard to get into the back seat on a camaro though.... but if you're doing that I doubt you're using the back seat much...

2 wrongs don't make a right... but 3 lefts do!
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #147
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
In 1969 (which is where I can confidently say we're basing our nostalgic speculation for the 5th gen), the SS, in general (not an RS/SS like commonly misinterpreted), originally came with code D90, the hockey stripes although you could order somewhat of a twist on the original "bumblebee" nose stripe called option DX1 seen here on this blue base car (at least I think it's base considering the bowtie badge):

The rally stripes everyone loves and associates with a Camaro were actually exclusive to the Z/28 as we've confirmed in this thread.

I actually prefer the hockey stripes myself and hope the aftermarket produces them or that they're a factory option.
The DX1 stripe you refer to (and show) is the same as the '67 pics I posted earlier and was the original SS stripe. Following are some pics of the "hockey stick stripes", I never cared for them, but to each their own. My '67 Camaro only had the pinstripes on the side that came with the RS package back then, my '69 Z/28 came with the wide hood/trunk stripes that were originally only available on the Z/28 (similar to my avatar pic in both colors and style).
Clyde
Attached Images

wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #148
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
The specs for the new Camaro are a bit crappy when you look at them at first. However, if you take a 2002 Camaro SS with what, 345hp and a weight of 3600lbs - that is roughly a 10.43 lbs/hp ratio. When you look at the 422 hp Camaro with a weight of 3800lbs - that corresponds to a 9.00 lbs/hp ratio. That is pretty impressive considering that it would take a 2002 SS Camaro roughly 400 hp to have the same ratio. The way that I see it is this: we have a better IRS, a better motor (ls3) - wich we all know what it is capable of with a cam, exhaust, intake, and tune - we have a much better interior, HUD, probably more room under the hood to change our spark plugs, meatier tires, just to name a few. The only disappointing things that I can see are the gas milage and the "possible" price. I think they are a very good trade off considering what we are getting. Just my $0.02
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #149
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
I don't tend to read this forum, just use it for news updates, and comment once in awhile but I thought I needed to throw this out there in case no one else has.

The gas cap on the photoshopped "colored" Camaros is still the concept style one. The actual gas cap on the production cars blended in with the body and is on the passenger side. I thought that was interesting...

I decided to photoshop the color I wanted as well. This is purely photoshopped, not something special unfortunately. :(

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 PM   #150
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
The specs for the new Camaro are a bit crappy when you look at them at first. However, if you take a 2002 Camaro SS with what, 345hp and a weight of 3600lbs - that is roughly a 10.43 lbs/hp ratio. When you look at the 422 hp Camaro with a weight of 3800lbs - that corresponds to a 9.00 lbs/hp ratio. That is pretty impressive considering that it would take a 2002 SS Camaro roughly 400 hp to have the same ratio. The way that I see it is this: we have a better IRS, a better motor (ls3) - wich we all know what it is capable of with a cam, exhaust, intake, and tune - we have a much better interior, HUD, probably more room under the hood to change our spark plugs, meatier tires, just to name a few. The only disappointing things that I can see are the gas milage and the "possible" price. I think they are a very good trade off considering what we are getting. Just my $0.02
I didn't think for a min they were disappointing. but agree with what you've said. no matter how you put it it's a better car.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #151
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
why is everyone complaining about the mpg?
I was expecting worse than that...my 05 V6 Mustang gets 18 city/24 hwy

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #152
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
seats can be custom-lowered. i heard some vette dudes did that. dont give up yet!
Piece of cake.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #153
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
we have a much better interior, HUD, ...
HUD not confirmed. fine print sucks, doesn't it?
Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #154
ssz28envy
Banned

Drives: 1988 IROC-Z
Ok, since I saw no specs on 0-60 times or quarter mile ET's, I made a couple quick calculations and the 422 hp 6.2 liter with a manual should get an ET of 12.84 with a 0-60 time of 4.4 seconds. Just calculations based on specs given...real world times could vary.
ssz28envy is offline   Reply With Quote