Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #29
Hess RS
Account Suspended

Drives: 91 Camaro RS
oh and just to answer nwotank's question, its about 5 days of SOLID work. so ya it gets a little complicated. and pricey. once I get through prototyping, things might be faster, but not by much.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
my lawyer got involved and said that i should pull the post, just in case word gets out to GM.
No offense but are you kidding? GM can care less what you do to mod the car and/or make a living from. As long as it does not say Camaro or have SS or RS your fine GM will do nothing.

Sounds like the lawyer wanted some money...LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #31
Hess RS
Account Suspended

well I wont make that decision. I dont want GM owning my toolbox or anything else of mine for that matter. So for now Ill post a few pics here and there, and if Im able to post more later on, then i will. Plus like a few of you guys said, I dont want any copycats :-)
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #32
Cruzintexas

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlaudio View Post
well I wont make that decision. I dont want GM owning my toolbox or anything else of mine for that matter. So for now Ill post a few pics here and there, and if Im able to post more later on, then i will. Plus like a few of you guys said, I dont want any copycats :-)
I don't bame you! I do look forward to seeing it though.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #33
Hess RS
Account Suspended

once i get a little further along i will see what i can do for a writeup for your guys. I dont want to put much out there for the time being. gotta keep you guys interested!! haha.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #34
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlaudio View Post
Not possible - mod in comfort knowing that GM can't do anything to you or your property becasue you MOD your car or any components of it. Like Indy said, as long as you do not reproduce something that has any licensed product, logo, slogan or similarity of GM, Chevrolet, SS, RS, Camaro or the Bow-Tie - YOU ARE GOOD!!

Nothing wrong with you cutting up, changing, altering, modifying, or converting any portion of the dash, or its components for the purpose of self use. As soon as you reproduce a product that carries any of the aforementioned logos, slogans, or trademarks that GM and it's stockholders hold the license to, with the intent of resale or reproduction without a proper license, will you have your possessions and everything you own taken from you!

Now hurry up and post some partial-pics so those of us who missed the snap-shots can see what kind of progress you have made.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:56 AM   #35
2010CamaroOutlaw

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Looking forward to this!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #36
DRK

Drives: 2007 Harley Davidson F-250
Unfortunately I missed the pics, but I'll echo the sentiments of other posters in here. As long as you aren't using unlicensed GM trademarks (Camaro, Chevy, etc...), you're completely fine legally.

Have you/are you going to patch-match your dash work to the original dash, if you did any epoxy fabrication? If you have, what paint will you be using? SEM Trim Black? SEM Texture + SEM Trim Black?

If you've managed to come up with a double DIN kit, I'd swap my idea of a BitOne with the factory head unit to a CarPC with a 7" double DIN touch screen.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
Hess RS
Account Suspended

We have a full paint shop where I work. It wont be any rattle can, it will be all automotive grade basecoat and clearcoat. And yes I do have a double din kit in the works. Hopefully by friday I can give you guys a full rundown once the project is done. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. PM me if you have any particular questions.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #38
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
ive seen some of the pics..it is extremely detailed pics..so someone could very well get on this thread not knowing anything about this, with just a little bit above average know how and use these pics to exactly mimmic his idea then copywrite/steal his thunder and do it first so all the work he has already done would never see the light of day without being sued by the very asshole that stole the idea to start with.

but it does look very VERY good..and im really contemplating this one hard..just the money is the only issue. but im thinking if enough of us get together and let him know how many people are truly interested and will buy this, i believe he would drop the price drastically..i know that i want this mod i believe that he should have never had to do this cause GM shouldve had the option, like every single car company in the world has, of either a double din or single din..

hell the Tahoe i traded for my camaro was an off road edition and still had the double din touch screen navi unit stock in it..it was very rare and hard to find that truck in black with the off road package and the navi..there was only 1 in west virginia in black..and that black one was the only one in a three state radius. didnt know till after i had already driven it off the lot that the S.O.B. had a black bumper but the middle of the bumper had been painted metallic grey..i was planning on murdering out (black everything) the truck till realized it had the grey bumper..but i loved it after i got used to it..DAMN IT RAMBLING AGAIN..SORRY..now im sad cause i miss my Tahoe..NOW IM EVEN SADDER cause i miss my camaro which has been in paint for two damned weeks..thats over a month total it has been in paint..sorry rambling again..sorry LTL..lol
Old 09-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #39
DRK

Drives: 2007 Harley Davidson F-250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
ive seen some of the pics..it is extremely detailed pics..so someone could very well get on this thread not knowing anything about this, with just a little bit above average know how and use these pics to exactly mimmic his idea then copywrite/steal his thunder and do it first so all the work he has already done would never see the light of day without being sued by the very asshole that stole the idea to start with.

but it does look very VERY good..and im really contemplating this one hard..just the money is the only issue. but im thinking if enough of us get together and let him know how many people are truly interested and will buy this, i believe he would drop the price drastically..i know that i want this mod i believe that he should have never had to do this cause GM shouldve had the option, like every single car company in the world has, of either a double din or single din..
Since you've seen pics, does it flow well with the interior or stand out?

Also, as far as cost, dash kits are usually cheap, but with the electronics modifications, it wouldn't surprise if this thing cost $500+.

But, if you guys think about it, for most new GM vehicles, you can buy the dash kits for cheap, but then you have to add on $200+ worth of Onstar/door chime/DIC/steering wheel control adapters. If this kit is all-inclusive, then you have to compare final cost to final cost.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #40
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
lol.i just seen prefinished pics..but its pretty smooth..all i seen was the head sitting in the dash and how its looks from there, and a few other things, but he didnt have the faceplate back on yet. but i was told he had to do well over 15 solders. i mean probably around 25 if im correct..so it takes him alone a ton of time to fix everything up over 2 days is what i was told..thats not including how much time you, yourself, has to spend once you receive the kit..not his fault though, its gms for making it soo tough..i think they way they are doing us over the tuning and the radio, i think they are trying to curve the aftermarket marketing for this car..just my opinion though..and make all upgrades exclusively GM..so if you want a different radio you cant order a new dash mod of your choosing..LOL..you have to wait on GM to catch up to their order volume then decide if they even want to do anything or not..lol..just my conspiracty theory though..nothing i said is totally true nor relevant.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #41
Walter Sobchak

Drives: 1LT/RS
I saw some of the pics the other day, and it looked complicated as all get out.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #42
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
man, sorry I miss out on these pictures.. :(

Closed Thread

Tags
double din radio custom