Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
HVAC issue... Anyone had this problem?

I finally decided to take my Camaro out on a road trip... but the HVAC controls apparently froze on me... literally.

Basically only the fan speed setting worked... the temprature dial did not work nor the position of the air blowing position buttons work (feet, head, defroster etc.)

My car was blowing ice cold air in this winter... so I parked it aside and turned it off for 5 mins hoping that the engine would restart and do a diagnostic... same issue again. Called OnStar and they ran a diagnostic and it did not report any issues.

Then next day morning, it is working all over again... anyone have this issue? My car barely had 300 miles on it when this issue started... I really hope this is the first and last issue I face with this car!

Any help would be appreciated.
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Only time will tell. I had the same problem with my tachometer. It would be fine if I were at the dealer but sometimes it would stick or not work at all. Then finally it just started working every time. No issues for the passed 6 months.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #3
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
There is a service bulletin on that, take the car to your dealer and have them reprogram it

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
nashstat

Well I went to the dealership here in Sacramento (Performance Chevrolet) who are probably some of the most clueless and rude peeps that I have ever met.

Those guys could not "replicate" the issue so they called GM Tech Support to find a solution. GM said not to replace the HVAC module.

This problem has happened twice in 3 days... and I am really pissed at GM for the lack of support.

A similar issue happened to a brand new VW I bought regarding the AC. Once the VW dealership saw how mad I was, they replaced the AC without asking any questions.

I have launched a complain with GM on this issue, will keep you guys posted. I do not want to offend anyone but now I know the reason why this car company went bankrupt!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
kentf

Drives: 2010 camaro Black/White Stripes SS
It has to be reprogramed. The dealership knows about it.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
Well I went to the dealership here in Sacramento (Performance Chevrolet) who are probably some of the most clueless and rude peeps that I have ever met.

Those guys could not "replicate" the issue so they called GM Tech Support to find a solution. GM said not to replace the HVAC module.

This problem has happened twice in 3 days... and I am really pissed at GM for the lack of support.

A similar issue happened to a brand new VW I bought regarding the AC. Once the VW dealership saw how mad I was, they replaced the AC without asking any questions.

I have launched a complain with GM on this issue, will keep you guys posted. I do not want to offend anyone but now I know the reason why this car company went bankrupt!
That's why I hate dealing with dealerships for service

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentf View Post
It has to be reprogramed. The dealership knows about it.
Appearently his doesn't
Old 01-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Every time a find a bulletin on my cars my dealerships never know about it. I had to walk the TekStream guy through programming my tundra. They had NO idea what to do, not even the TekStream guy. Its his freakin job and he didn't know how to do it. TekStream is the computer they use to program Toyotas. I called 5 dealers, none of them know what I was talking about.

Know what it was? Toyota sells the Tundra with a factory alarm. Its turned off in Tekstream unless you buy the limited. All they have to do is turn it on. Nobody knew what I was talking about. Finally got them to do it by holding their hand.

Funny part about that story is the Tekstream guy had a Tundra also. He bought himself an alarm. He didn't even know it had one in it already and all he had to do was turn the feature on.

Thats how Toyota screws you.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Take your car back, tell them to find the HVAC computer update. Don't leave until they have done their job.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #9
nashstat

Thanks for the support guys. The Dealership said that the Sept 23 HVAC update was already in my car since it was built in November. None the less I asked them to replace the HVAC module or reprogram it, but they said that GM told them not to do that and here is the kicker, the tech said "Since GM told us not to do it, we can replace it for you but you will have to pay for it." Amazing service right?

GM District manager called me back today trying to calm me down but she also said that if the dealership cannot replicate it, there isnt much that they can do.

I bought my car from Becky Doyle, Rodgers Chev, and she has been instrumental in this process with her service manager, so I know there are some great dealerships out there, but this one in Sac has to shut down.

GM is gonna call me back on Tuesday... All it takes to satisfy me is to replace the HVAC module, at least this will eliminate a faulty HVAC module... don't know why it is such a big deal.