Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
martin_2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/Rs package
but what extra parts do i need to complete the alignment correctley a shop told me i need a camber kit since i lowered my car idk what this is can someone please help me i need to get my car bak on the street it was a daily driver but now im a little worried to drive it
what other parts do i need because i wasnt aware of no camber kit????
martin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
After installing drop springs an alignment is necessary to correct for the new decreased ride height.

The Camber kit is to correct extra negative camber on cars with more aggressive drops than is provided with our 1" Drop springs, or for customers looking to adjust Camber and Castor to their own personal tastes, typically but not exclusively for track use.

For just a 1" drop there should be more than enough adjustment possible within the factory adjustment points to obtain a proper alignment. Here is a link to our recommended alignment specs, you can print this page out and take it to your alignment shop and they should be able to set you up properly. We recommend you set the car to the Performance Street specs unless your planning on tracking your car.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...-alignment.pdf

Don't be afraid to drive your car on the street! Just take it to a good alignment shop in your area as soon as possible.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_2010 View Post
but what extra parts do i need to complete the alignment correctley a shop told me i need a camber kit since i lowered my car idk what this is can someone please help me i need to get my car bak on the street it was a daily driver but now im a little worried to drive it
what other parts do i need because i wasnt aware of no camber kit????
They shouldn't have a problem getting your alignment done with the OEM adjustability. I had mine aligned to the Pfadt street performance specs. It's suppose to give you a good mix of performance alignment and tire wear.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #18
bojangles37

Drives: 2010 blk ss
what exactly are you aligning?
bojangles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
bojangles37

Drives: 2010 blk ss
just wheel alignment?.. why does that change with drop springs
bojangles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles37 View Post
just wheel alignment?.. why does that change with drop springs
Yes just the wheel alignment. All cars will need an alignment if you drop them. The car drops down and changes the angle of the tire. Ever see those BMW's that are slammed and the tires sit an angle?

You don't HAVE to get an alignment. You can save yourself the $75 and drive around with a off alignment that will feel unstable and wear out $900 worth of Pirelli's in a short amount of time. The choice is yours.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #21
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Make sure your shop knows how to adjust Camber, mine didnt, I had to do my own research and the tires paid the price

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote