Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Things I'd Like to See Added...

I know that this is still a concept vehicle, but I wanted to get your opinions on how feasible you guys think these options are, and what the chances are we'll see them in the new Camaro!

- Short-throw Shifter
- Hydraulic clutch (the new Mustang has it, and it makes city driving much more comfortable)
- Seat position memory (I hate getting my car detailed or worked on, then having to spend 20 minutes re-adjusting it perfectly)
- 13-inch drilled or slotted rotors
- Back-lit lock/window/cruise control buttons (the tiny flashlight in the door panels was cheesy in my opinion and I want lights on the steering wheel)

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on these options and if there's any chance we'll get em.

PS - This is a Camaro forum, yet the word "camaro" shows as misspelled by the spell checker on this forum!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warghost View Post
I know that this is still a concept vehicle, but I wanted to get your opinions on how feasible you guys think these options are, and what the chances are we'll see them in the new Camaro!

- Short-throw Shifter
I wouldn't doubt this makes it into the production version as an option.
- Hydraulic clutch (the new Mustang has it, and it makes city driving much more comfortable)
I don't know on this one. If all the other car companies are going to a hydro clutch, I don't see why GM wouldn't follow along. Again, could be an option.
- Seat position memory (I hate getting my car detailed or worked on, then having to spend 20 minutes re-adjusting it perfectly)
I know what you mean. I doubt this would come with it in any standard Camaro. Maybe as an option, but I doubt it.
- 13-inch drilled or slotted rotors
Wouldn't this depend on the size of the tires? I don't think they'll go any larger than they need to.
- Back-lit lock/window/cruise control buttons (the tiny flashlight in the door panels was cheesy in my opinion and I want lights on the steering wheel)
If they don't, shame on GM. It is time to take a step forward into the future. Backlit everything is just the way to go. I think they will do this and yes...they need to do it.
Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on these options and if there's any chance we'll get em.

PS - This is a Camaro forum, yet the word "camaro" shows as misspelled by the spell checker on this forum!
I've never used the spell check. It does that on word too.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
don't care about the memory seats ... no one else will drive my car ...
Punk_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
T-TOPS!!!!

Add the t-tops and you can keep your memory seats (although I want those too) and the 13" drilled/slotted rotors.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Corvette has Memory seats...I'm almost 100% positive that it's part of an option pakage, though. It can remember 2 different arrangements.

As for the hydro clutch and Short throw...I'd be surprised if they don't have those as standard...I mean - Even the concept has the T-56 (I hope I got that right) and I thought its naturally a 'short throw'
Old 07-02-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
T-TOPS!!!!

Add the t-tops and you can keep your memory seats (although I want those too) and the 13" drilled/slotted rotors.
*T-Tops! T-Tops! T-Tops!!!* :p
Old 07-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
cjr

Drives: 2004Classic
Send a message via Yahoo to cjr
Lightbulb One I5 instead of 2 V6

I would like to see the 3.7L I5 as the standard engine instead of two V6 options. Picture this, no V6, I5 std(w/5spd auto), and two V8 options.
cjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

mmmm....I don't know about that. It's interesting to think about - but I don't know....
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr View Post
I would like to see the 3.7L I5 as the standard engine instead of two V6 options. Picture this, no V6, I5 std(w/5spd auto), and two V8 options.
Why?

When GM decided to use the I5 in the Trailblazer and Envoy, I thought, good idea...better MPG with good HP (275 at the time)....so, we compared it with the Tahoe that we were looking at (285HP from the 5.3L V8). The Trailblazer was only about $2000 less than the Tahoe, and got exactly the same gas mileage as the bigger, heavier, Tahoe with the V8....

Very unimpressed with the I5....

Plus, cylinder deactivation is an option on the I5 if I remember correctly....and that is what will help the Camaro's MPG numbers.

I'll say it again, the best option GM could add to ones we already know about (meaning engines) is the T-TOPS.

Check the pictures that Killer put up of the "Firebird" in the other thread....the first few have the t-tops on them and it looks awesome.

GM should put the t-tops in this one (as an option). It will broaden the appeal that much more (a lot of people don't like convertibles, but want more than just a hard top). It would be the only car out there with t-tops and the few that have the targa style roof are in a totally different price class.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
As stated over and over and over and over and over and over by people in the know and GM....

T-tops aren't going to happen in this day and age.. 5 star safety qualifications don't allow it.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham

I'd get a T-TOP if it was offered...I just don't think it will be...
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I would be head-over-heels for this car if T-tops were offered, but I have to admit that I will hate letting my car go because I'll be sending my t-tops off with it Gotta hold out hope...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
Heads Up Display.

Oh and an oil slick dispenser.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #14
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

[QUOTE=JWz28;14710]

Oh and an oil slick dispenser.

QUOTE]

Now that's a good option to have....how about Turbo boost, a grapling hook and the electic pulse generator while you're at it? Maybe the red LED in the front. But, you can leave off the super pursuit mode...that was stupid, I mean come on, how unreal....LOL