Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Joined the darkside

Let me start by saying I did not trade in my Camaro for this car.

This past Friday I went to a Ford dealership with the intention of test driving a 2013 Race Red Mustang GT Premium M6. I wanted something to keep up with my wife’s car that was a little more fun to drive than my 220HP BMW. After talking with my sales guy and the GM of the dealership I ended up buying it. I got a great trade in value on my BMW 325i and got it for under invoice.

First impressions, they are 2 different cars on the inside. We currently have a 2SS SGM Camaro L99, fully loaded. My Mustang has everything except the navigation. All the little bells and whistles on the Mustang are nice. I like the ambient lighting and the way it can be changed at any time. The leather is a little softer and more plush, but I like the styling in the Camaro more. It has more of a retro feel than the current Mustang line up.

Performance wise they line up a little more. The suspension on the Mustang seems to be a little softer which gives more body roll, but also helps in day to day driving. The clutch is smooth and the acceleration is possibly a little quicker than the Camaro. The 255's in the back are terrible though. I'm used to the way the Camaro seems to hook every time I get on it, and that does not happen in this car. It may have to do with the different brand tires (I do not have the Pirellis on the Camaro anymore), but I think it is mostly due to the tire size. For the record, the stock exhaust note is way better on the Mustang. Not that it matters since the Camaro is not stock. I do not have Brembos on the Mustang and they are badly missed. I have already began looking into that mod.

Head to head I think our Camaro would take me down, because I haven't driven a standard in almost 6 years. The rust is showing on launches. Once I get back into the groove of things it would be a much closer race. Change out the tires and match her mods and I think it's over.

All in all, I love the car. Link has a special place in my heart, but I think I am going to grow to love the Mustang just the same. I am not much for brand loyalty and just want to drive a fun and exciting car and now I have 2 of the best currently on the market to choose from.

I know a lot of y'all are going to hate on it, but we're fortunate to be in an era where performance is at an all-time high. Neither of these cars are a wrong choice.

Without further ado, I introduce Ruby.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Nice new ride
Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Congrats! Beautiful car.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Congrats, 2 pony cars in the drive way must be fun.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Im in the same boat as you. 2013 RR mustang GT and 12 Camaro. Looks great! Boh great cars!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
congrats!!!looks great!!!
To be honest , I like the looks of the camaro better but I have experienced convertible top problems with my camaro.If my top continues to be problematic then a mustang could be in my future as well.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats on the new ride - may be the dark side but it's atleast domestic.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Congrats. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Mustangs
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
MrandMrsNinja

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
congrats!!!looks great!!!
To be honest , I like the looks of the camaro better but I have experienced convertible top problems with my camaro.If my top continues to be problematic then a mustang could be in my future as well.
The Camaro has always been my dream car, but we were in the position to get my wife one before me. (the sacrafices we married men make sometimes ) I love the styling of the Challengers too, but they are way too proud of their SRT's for me to even think about buying one. The new Mustang LCI was a homerun in my book, so I figured it would be fun to own both. They look great next to each other. Our garage looks like Christmas year round now.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
rocknRllr

Drives: 2013 2LT Crystal Red Metallic
Sweet ride
rocknRllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Enjoy your new ride.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
Thanks all!

The Camaro has always been my dream car, but we were in the position to get my wife one before me. (the sacrafices we married men make sometimes ) I love the styling of the Challengers too, but they are way too proud of their SRT's for me to even think about buying one. The new Mustang LCI was a homerun in my book, so I figured it would be fun to own both. They look great next to each other. Our garage looks like Christmas year round now.

I hear that about Christams year round. I love walking out my front door and seeing the Camaro next to the Mustang, and the F150 beside it lol
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
MrandMrsNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I hear that about Christams year round. I love walking out my front door and seeing the Camaro next to the Mustang, and the F150 beside it lol
I was talking more about the color combination, but I know the feels about the actual cars too. It's nice to have our pick on nights and weekends.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
daytripper

Drives: IOM 2012 1SS m6
Name:  shelby.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  12.3 KB
I have a 2012 SS and a 2013 Shelby GT500. Very different cars but I like them both alot. I've had 4 Camaros so I am partial to them. I never thought about getting a Mustang or a variant but how can you not need a car with 662 HP ? WOW !
daytripper is offline   Reply With Quote