Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
KLow7777

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Anyone in orange country available to help me out?

Hey all,

I've been trying to pull my taillight bezels off for the past three days and I'm having one hell of a time. I swear my Camaro has had all it's customizable parts welded on. Well anyways the point is that I'm asking if anyone in Orange Country would be willing to help me out with these damn things. I've read every forum on taking them off but I've had zero success. I want to blame it on my lack of experience in tinkering with cars but... no excuses play like a champ.

So if anyone is able and willing to help me out sometime I'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't want to start another taillight bezel thread cause that's just unnecessary clutter, but if you have any real great tips please PM me.
KLow7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Bring it to the meet next saturday and we'll get them off one way or another.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Ditto. I'll bring a few tools. Getting the "chrome" rings off is a PIA.

If your not coming to the dyno day in Temecula next Sat then I can help two weekends from now. I'm in Anaheim Hills.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
maybe we can set up a day to get a couple of these done...

i want to get mine off to paint, but haven't even tried yet... but hell if we get a couple people who want them off and maybe some who have done it together (maybe the guys who want the parts off bring the "drinks") and pop a couple sets off...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Tribone should be able to refer you to someone shortly...just tell them Guillermo sent you and you get a free donut and a cold cup of coffee.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Yup, if you're at the meet this Sat we can do it while we wait for dyno's
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
That's a day old donut too!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
YOu really need to take the rear bumper off to make it easier. You can try without, but it is a nightmare! See what a body shop would charge you.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I disagree. I've done it twice with just popping the 2 tops off under the trunk and removing the bezels with my hands...
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
I disagree. I've done it twice with just popping the 2 tops off under the trunk and removing the bezels with my hands...
Ditto. It's a PIA, but once you have done it and know where the tabs are and how to contort your arms to get there, it can be done.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
KLow7777

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Thanks for all the help guys

Unfortunately I won't be able to make any of the meets. I have grad school interviews up in the bay area this weekend. Wish me luck
Old 02-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
i will be tryin this in a few days too... hopefully it wont be that much of a challenge. but the way things have been going for me lately, i am sure it will be as hard as carrying two unicorns on my shoulders while walking over a rainbow.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLow7777 View Post
Hey all,

I've been trying to pull my taillight bezels off for the past three days and I'm having one hell of a time. I swear my Camaro has had all it's customizable parts welded on. Well anyways the point is that I'm asking if anyone in Orange Country would be willing to help me out with these damn things. I've read every forum on taking them off but I've had zero success. I want to blame it on my lack of experience in tinkering with cars but... no excuses play like a champ.

So if anyone is able and willing to help me out sometime I'd greatly appreciate it. I really don't want to start another taillight bezel thread cause that's just unnecessary clutter, but if you have any real great tips please PM me.
Come to our office anytime today or whenever we can do it. 2850 E. Via Martens, Anaheim, CA 92806.

Ask for Tim or Brian.

714-630-9700