Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #43
code3 ss

Drives: SW,SS1 RS,GRND EFFCS,ORNG STRPS
she was probably just trying to get you to talk to see if your speech was slurred.Good tactic when theres no good reason to stop you. lol
code3 ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #44
Inferno Man

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
sounds like the car is what got hit on...

2000 4/21/2010
3000 4/28/2010 TPW 5/10/2010
3300 5/5/2010
3400 5/10/2010
3800 5/11/2010
HOME 5/28/2010!!!!!
Inferno Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #45
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
2 budlights under an hour are a lot?

I could drink two strong long island ice teas within an hour and still not be buzzed LOL 6+ and I'm spent... I lost count after 8 one night... HA HAA

Before I get the riot act... I did not drive home.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #46
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'd do her. Believe me it gets worse.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #47
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Here's my story of a bad night in my 1985 IROC-Z Camaro...I had 7 Long Island Iced Teas and a Bud Light at a wedding in 91 when I was around 24 years old and dumb. I waited 5 hours prior to leaving for home and proceeded down the freeway with my sister driving next to me and my parents behind me. I was screwing around with my pull-out stereo which was probably making me swerve a bit when I look in the rear view mirror and see the red lights. I knew I still had a slight buzz and that I might be over the limit a bit which had just been lowered to .08 BAC. I pull over and my parents and sister drove on afraid that they may also get busted too. The cop asks me if I had anything to drink and I give him the standard 2 beers answer. I feel like I'm doing well on all the tests out in the cold as he keeps giving me the hardest to fake, the old follow the flash light. He tells me I have one more test, and says to turn around and face his car and that's when I know I'm going to jail. He lets me sit in the front of his cruiser and his partner asks me if I want him to drive my car off of the freeway so it doesn't get towed and I say ok. We follow him and he tells me that he used to have an IROC also but had to get rid of it because the insurance was too high, I then thought about what was going to happen to my insurance rates. We get to the station and I blow a .08 and spend the night in a crowded holding cell. My insurance rates doubled, I lost my license for four months, paid around $2000 in fines and fees and had to attend 30 hours of classes and a couple of AA meetings. Half of the people that get a DUI get a second one. I have pledged to myself that I will never put myself into that situation again. I got very luck learning a lesson without hurting or killing someone. I won't even take a sip of a beer and drive to this day. Even though it was bound to happen to me eventually, I think the hot car helped to get me into that mess. Please do not drink and drive, not even once! It’s not worth it!
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #48
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
i wonder how many good Cop stories are going to come up on here. my guess is not very many.
i have many
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #49
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyuhoh View Post
JUst what you want to do, date a female that carries a gun....
But on the bright side she already has a great pair of hand cuffs.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

Oh, I've got some stories!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #51
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by DankNuggZ View Post
I was driving home from the Bar last Saturday when I pulled up to the last stop light before making it home. Homefree! I had made home from bar night uninterrupted. Then a Cop car pulled up in the left-hand turn lane beside me. Another to the right soon followed. Finally, an Interceptor came up behind me to complete the Trifecta.

I was scared s--tless! I'm sure I wasn't over the limit, but I had a couple Bud light and limes that night. Needless to say, I did not want to be followed the rest of the way home.

I turn my blaring Hip-Hop down and sit patiently as the longest traffic light in history glares red at me. Then, the Cop next clears Her throat. I look over and smile. She says, "Nice Car". I laugh and we talk for a couple minutes as we wait for the light to turn green. What a relief!

I didn't try, but I swear I could've got her number. I was just reading the thread on the Cop trying to race the guy Police Silverado v. Camaro and I was wondering if anyone has any good Cop stories out there?

Did you say Bud light? I thought you were out drinking? J/K
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:04 AM   #52
zayzaydaboss

Drives: 2010 2LT RJT Camaro, 1986 Benz 190D
i would've told her, that she can lock me up anytime, if you know what i mean.. =)
Old 05-21-2010, 03:10 AM   #53
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I rolled up on a sobriety checkpoint about a year ago and had to do a sobriety test while completely sober....was at a concert and several beers spilled on me in the mosh pit....obviously smelled like beer so had to ace sobriety test and then blow before I could go on my merry way.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #54
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
You must be young, or great looking=Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Mel Gibson. Or have a HUGE wallet in site.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #55
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
try 911

(ya I know bad joke that was probably used already)
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #56
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Here's my story of a bad night in my 1985 IROC-Z Camaro...I had 7 Long Island Iced Teas and a Bud Light at a wedding in 91 when I was around 24 years old and dumb. I waited 5 hours prior to leaving for home and proceeded down the freeway with my sister driving next to me and my parents behind me. I was screwing around with my pull-out stereo which was probably making me swerve a bit when I look in the rear view mirror and see the red lights. I knew I still had a slight buzz and that I might be over the limit a bit which had just been lowered to .08 BAC. I pull over and my parents and sister drove on afraid that they may also get busted too. The cop asks me if I had anything to drink and I give him the standard 2 beers answer. I feel like I'm doing well on all the tests out in the cold as he keeps giving me the hardest to fake, the old follow the flash light. He tells me I have one more test, and says to turn around and face his car and that's when I know I'm going to jail. He lets me sit in the front of his cruiser and his partner asks me if I want him to drive my car off of the freeway so it doesn't get towed and I say ok. We follow him and he tells me that he used to have an IROC also but had to get rid of it because the insurance was too high, I then thought about what was going to happen to my insurance rates. We get to the station and I blow a .08 and spend the night in a crowded holding cell. My insurance rates doubled, I lost my license for four months, paid around $2000 in fines and fees and had to attend 30 hours of classes and a couple of AA meetings. Half of the people that get a DUI get a second one. I have pledged to myself that I will never put myself into that situation again. I got very luck learning a lesson without hurting or killing someone. I won't even take a sip of a beer and drive to this day. Even though it was bound to happen to me eventually, I think the hot car helped to get me into that mess. Please do not drink and drive, not even once! It’s not worth it!
Good story...Thanks for sharing.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote