Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #71
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth6 View Post
Well???
The topic was about the Moroso Oil Separator..... it wasn't about brand 'X' vs. brand 'Y'. Moroso functions extremely well for me... end of story. No hard feelings.
I agree, and I have it installed with a ProCharger as well. There are multiple ways to configure the PCV system with a catch can. A good shop will know what to do.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #72
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
At this time it's clear that this has become more of a needless fight then anyone truely wanting to learn or improve the product they choose so I'm bowing out. And SPI got the can because they and calbert asked for it to try and see...they conacted me at calberts request and we provided them the cans to test and compare.....it is up to them to post and report, not me....that would be meaningless, and I have to say as far as aerospace workers and catchcans on jets could not be further apart than anything I could imagine as it relates to a internal combustions PCV system. This startedas the OP asking for information on the can....and we had done extensive testing and responded with all the info anyone could want and went even further to explain how to easily it could be modified to be even more functional.....somehow all that got lost in meaningless arguing about everything but the facts and how anyone can test ANY can including mine.
We are just tired of you bashing competitors products!!! I have never seen someone so adomat at doing so!!! Also Why is it people are only having blown crank case issues with you product?????
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #73
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Moroso oil separator works GREAT!!!!!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #74
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
We are just tired of you bashing competitors products!!! I have never seen someone so adomat at doing so!!! Also Why is it people are only having blown crank case issues with you product?????
I didn't want to say it because I've had enough moderator warnings as it is, however, I'm glad someone piped up. Thing is I've also read and heard alot lately about smoke billowing out of engine bays using a certain brand of catch can and never once was it a Moroso can.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #75
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I didn't want to say it because I've had enough moderator warnings as it is, however, I'm glad someone piped up. Thing is I've also read and heard alot lately about smoke billowing out of engine bays using a certain brand of catch can and never once was it a Moroso can.
How many times is this caused from the CC or an idiot installer?

If you take the number of cans RX has produced and compare it to the number that have had issues, I'm fairly sure its a very low amount that has had issues.

Moroso can looks cool. Everyone has a right to choose what product they want to use, but there is no reason to bash tracy when he is trying to lend a hand.

Just like he stated, he isn't bashing a company and telling you (you as in everyone not you) to buy his product...he is telling you how to make a competitors can better.

You don't have to take his advice, but just don't keep bashing when he is trying to help.

/rant
Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #76
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
There has NEVER been a blown seal with our product installed correctly.....and no where can you show me bashing ANY competitors product.

But if calbert keeps PM'ngother urging them to NOT buy our product there will be some bashing. I deleted my posts as this is stealths thread out of respect.

We cant control idiots, but out of over 10,000 of these in use without any issues like you claim I dont think there is another company out therethat has done the R&D on this subject that we have.

I couldcare less if you buy my product....its a free world, but post lies and I will defend myself.

I have bowed out of the Moroso debate as the users are doing far better using ANY can than none at all. And if you do not appreaciate my technical advice ignore it. But get your facts straight before posting. Everything I post is fact with the data to back it up.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #77
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I really wanted to test one of these, but due to the price and the fact I've tested another VERY similar one, I'm not going to do so.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #78
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
There has NEVER been a blown seal with our product installed correctly.....and no where can you show me bashing ANY competitors product.

But if calbert keeps PM'ngother urging them to NOT buy our product there will be some bashing. I deleted my posts as this is stealths thread out of respect.

We cant control idiots, but out of over 10,000 of these in use without any issues like you claim I dont think there is another company out therethat has done the R&D on this subject that we have.

I could care less if you buy my product....its a free world, but post lies and I will defend myself.

I have bowed out of the Moroso debate as the users are doing far better using ANY can than none at all. And if you do not appreaciate my technical advice ignore it. But get your facts straight before posting. Everything I post is fact with the data to back it up.
I have no idea why you insist on involving me in your business, I don't have your product, never have never will, I didn't test it, and don't have any information other than what was shared with me when "you" decided to send the shop I go to your product to test which was not tested on my vehicle. Why do you continue a fight I have no interest in? If you really want I can post what I was told about your product, but out of respect I left it up to SPI (a very credible speed shop) to discuss with you, and you now turn around and call them idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
How many times is this caused from the CC or an idiot installer?

If you take the number of cans RX has produced and compare it to the number that have had issues, I'm fairly sure its a very low amount that has had issues.

Moroso can looks cool. Everyone has a right to choose what product they want to use, but there is no reason to bash tracy when he is trying to lend a hand.

Just like he stated, he isn't bashing a company and telling you (you as in everyone not you) to buy his product...he is telling you how to make a competitors can better.

You don't have to take his advice, but just don't keep bashing when he is trying to help.

/rant
Exactly, so why are vendors of competitive products involving themselves in every single thread bashing competitors or attempting to convince consumers not to buy the other products consumers want? Do a search for Moroso on C5 and you'll see folks asking about these cans and a certain vendor piping in about his product vs Moroso.

Last edited by calbert1999; 04-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.