Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #57
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
We went and drove a used (20K mies) '13 GT premium coupe with the factory short throw shifter this afternoon at a local dealer.

It was a fun enough drive.

Pros: Readily available torque (I lit the tires up in 2nd - salesman not so happy)
Cons: Interior is way below the level of the Camaro in terms of fit & finish and space. Almost lost a finger thinking the hood had the same support as the Camaro. It doesn't. Basic (non Brembo brakes) were under whelming. Engine bay not as well laid out as Camaro. Master cylinder showed plastic stress marks.

The platform is powerful with good torque/HP with a basic "car" wrapped around it. My son still likes it better than the Camaro. ;-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Mustang's interior below the level of fit and finish in the Camaro? LMAO! The Camaro's interior is terrible. You have to be joking right now. Please tell me you're not serious.

I will agree with you on the brakes. I'd never get a GT without the track pack.

I'm with you! WTH was this guy on when he drove the Mustang? Lol

In all seriousness though, Fit and finish in my Mustang is far better than in my Camaro. Don't get the quality confused with the design. The design of the interior on the Camaro is better than the Mustang, but the Mustang has the Camaro beat on Quality. I will agree though that the brakes on the regular GT are a joke compared to the camaro, and why the heck in 2013 does a car like the mustang still have a pop rod beats the hell out of me.

You should be proud that he is even interested in an American muscle car, and not this Toyota or Honda ricer, gas milage thing that a lot of the young generation are are crazy about for some reason.

The Mustang and Camaro are both great cars. Both have their pros and cons and both look amazing ( besides the 14 Camaro lol) either one will make a great car and last for many years.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #58
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
The Camaro interior is nicer than the Mustang. It's like we live in a parallel universe today. My old Explorer had way better plastic than my GM cars. not anymore.

Look at this! Look at that steering wheel. Ugly.
That looks great. It's light-years ahead of the Camaro. For the record, I think we need to be honest with ourselves. I REALLY don't think any of us bought our Camaro's because we thought the interior was great. It straight up sucks. I don't know about you guys, but I bought my 1LE for it's performance.

Fortunately, my eyes are too busy aiming for apexes and keeping guys in check in my rearview mirror to notice the interior.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #59
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I'm with you! WTH was this guy on when he drove the Mustang? Lol

In all seriousness though, Fit and finish in my Mustang is far better than in my Camaro. Don't get the quality confused with the design. The design of the interior on the Camaro is better than the Mustang, but the Mustang has the Camaro beat on Quality. I will agree though that the brakes on the regular GT are a joke compared to the camaro, and why the heck in 2013 does a car like the mustang still have a pop rod beats the hell out of me.

You should be proud that he is even interested in an American muscle car, and not this Toyota or Honda ricer, gas milage thing that a lot of the young generation are are crazy about for some reason.

The Mustang and Camaro are both great cars. Both have their pros and cons and both look amazing ( besides the 14 Camaro lol) either one will make a great car and last for many years.
Well said. And, I agree, the '14 Camaro is a travesty imo.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Old 12-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #60
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
I am also one of those guys who is not loyal to one brand and turns my nose up to another. I have owned cars from all 3 of the big 3, and one from Toyota. I would LOVE to own a 5th Gen Camaro, but I had to settle for a 5th Gen Mustang, sorry .
Old 12-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #61
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I'd like a Hunter Green '08 Mustang, debadged, V8, and the jacket Steve McQueen wore in "Bullit"
Old 12-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #62
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post

Oh wait thats the wheel from the Cruze... Here's the Wheel from the Camaro.

So what? The wheel from a '60s Corvette was used in the 1970 Buick GS455 Stage 1, just with a different emblem in the horn button. GM doesn't reinvent the...wait for it...wheel without the need
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #63
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I'd like a Hunter Green '08 Mustang, debadged, V8, and the jacket Steve McQueen wore in "Bullit"
Dark Highland Green.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #64
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
He ended up with an '08 GT premium. I actually like the interior on the '08 better than the '13 we first saw.

It is very clean.

However, it is not a Camaro.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #65
Truck Norris
Thread Mover

Drives: a Monte Carlo
Wow.....cant believe the 5.0L wasn't a "Must have" same goes for the Brembo brakes/ 19" wheels, 2012+ interior with available Recaro's and glass roof....But then again I'm the sort of guy that flew to Houston (in a wheel chair) to drive back a three year old Ram 3500 diesel because it was exactly what I wanted at the price I wanted. (bay area prices were crazy expensive so I went to TX and saved $10,000)
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #66
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Quote:
He ended up with an '08 GT premium. I actually like the interior on the '08 better than the '13 we first saw.

It is very clean.

However, it is not a Camaro.
At least it's an American V8 with a stick shift. That's still a win in my book.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #67
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
Wow.....cant believe the 5.0L wasn't a "Must have" same goes for the Brembo brakes/ 19" wheels, 2012+ interior with available Recaro's and glass roof....But then again I'm the sort of guy that flew to Houston (in a wheel chair) to drive back a three year old Ram 3500 diesel because it was exactly what I wanted at the price I wanted. (bay area prices were crazy expensive so I went to TX and saved $10,000)
If it was for me, I'd be with you. My Camaro was almost a drive home from New Jersey or Michigan. In the end I found what I wanted locally - luckily ;-)

Since the Mustang was the first "his" car for my 18 year old, I figured he should start out a bit more towards entry level. This way he can learn the value of money better as he balances his wants versus needs.