Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #57
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Just noticed, Z is in Hawaii! But fear not... looks like there is 4 tracks:

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html#HI
Actually 3 tracks. One is listed as defunct, and as a side note, the other 3 are on different islands than where he's at. Tell me that doesn't suck.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #58
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
big time

No doubt your new thread with video, pics, dyno graphs, etc. will make the homepage!

This is the single biggest thing to happen in the v6 community up to this point, so pretty easy to understand we are all anxious for Thurs and the weekend to come!

I (we) very excited to see actual numbers, but getting detailed feedback, pictures and a maybe a video or two will give us so many answers to questions that have been populating around FI and the v6. (Not to mention we want to see how many ponies this will unlock!)

But this is really great - we'll all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what you can share with us!

Thank you thank you for ordering and installing this kit! - (But please also include a list of parts this kit has as their website does not mention anything yet) - Also let us know what extras you ordered (such as the ball bearing turbo option, etc - and share what those prices were if you dont mind sharing)

Thanks again!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 AM   #59
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Big news in this box?! We got tunes. Doc mentioned that Vince (Trifecta) saidif you got FI he can tune it!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #60
darwin

Drives: 1SS/RS 2010 Camaro
I want this kit so bad. nobody around me would ever buy this kit. i am one of seven camaros in my area though lol.
darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #61
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Actually 3 tracks. One is listed as defunct, and as a side note, the other 3 are on different islands than where he's at. Tell me that doesn't suck.
Yup, I'll start a collection to ship the car to the other island for a track time. LOL
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #62
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you would think they had fairies that didn't cost too much...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #63
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Like TinkerBelle fairies?

If they had some TinkerBelle's, she could just wave her little wand, and *poof*, Z Madness would have his own track!!

I know, you meant ferry. I just couldn't resist!!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #64
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
lmao. yeah, a little of both would be great!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #65
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
No doubt your new thread with video, pics, dyno graphs, etc. will make the homepage!

This is the single biggest thing to happen in the v6 community up to this point, so pretty easy to understand we are all anxious for Thurs and the weekend to come!

I (we) very excited to see actual numbers, but getting detailed feedback, pictures and a maybe a video or two will give us so many answers to questions that have been populating around FI and the v6. (Not to mention we want to see how many ponies this will unlock!)

But this is really great - we'll all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what you can share with us!

Thank you thank you for ordering and installing this kit! - (But please also include a list of parts this kit has as their website does not mention anything yet) - Also let us know what extras you ordered (such as the ball bearing turbo option, etc - and share what those prices were if you dont mind sharing)

Thanks again!
Main parts are the STS 62 T4E P-Trim JB (601) Turbo, 38 mm 7psi wastegate, 50mm BOV, and Tuning package (Trifecta Tune) and of course all the piping, oil pump, washer fluid relocation etc. which is part of the "Tuner Single Turbo Kit". Base cost was $5,995 for all of the above.

I upgraded to Ball Bearings - $700 and Ceramic Coating - $95.

It is recommended that you install a boost guage and widebanf A/F guage. FYI, don't buy their pillar pod cause they sent me one for a 4th gen. I am still discussing with them on giving me back $52.95 for that. I ended up buying the Fesler dual gauge pillar pod which is fiberglass. Kind of expensive but its the only one that was ready to ship (I was impatient). Cost for that is $125 plus shipping. Gauges can run $200 plus. I have AUTOMETER Gauges that cost me about $750. I know ADM has some cool gauges as well.

I am still discussing with STS on adding a water/meth injection kit (their standard kit is $499) with an electronic boost controller. They have to work out some issues on how to activate the injection and should have a solution for me soon. This should allow me to run more boost and better timing, I hope.

I was thinking about adding the ZEX system seeing how Rod1 ran a 12.7. I was hoping to hit that kind of number with the Turbo. I have been discussing with STS whether a 50 shot would help. Not sure how much our motors can take. Also concerned with the rear end shafts. Anybody know if we can upgrade those. I've seen many V-8 threads where they twist the sh** out of those.

Will get some pics up by Thursday evening (Hawaii Time) and Vid's over the weekend!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #66
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I would love to have a Fairy.

We actually had a ferry to Maui that lasted less than a year and was blocked by "enviromentalist"...Now only choice is "shipping" car which takes a few days and cost about $800 bucks each way.

I think a Fairy would be a better way to go. PM an e-mail for a good Fairy, preferably a cute one! lol
Old 06-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Can't wait it's Thursday tomorrow!!!!! and it will be couple of days before the weekend!!

btw how much did they charge you for shippping? I guess Hawaii and Alaska shipping will be the same or maybe not.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #68
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Hey V6 John, I must say you have inspired me with the practical mods you have made on your car. This is a little off topic but how much for the H&R's if u don't mind me asking?
Think they were around $320ish...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #69
Z Madness

More pics with Intercooler

Intercooler came in today so I decided to put it on and take some glamour shots for everyone. Didn't have time for a test drive. Hopefully tomorrow afterwork.
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #70
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
What are the dimensions of the intercooler?
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote