Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #1387
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT

can't wait!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #1388
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
But as of yet it is the ONLY company with an actually kit, not just the turbo's? right?
So is it??
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #1389
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I think you should make the chute look like a giant titty with a huge protruding nipple..then put the c5 logo to look like a tatoo....Just sayin!
Edit...maybe use twin chutes for the max effect.!
Why does that NOT surprise me in the least coming from Dirty Harry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post

You 'n me both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You're a big help. They publish like 100 car magazines...
Ah yeah, sorry about that. I can't really give any more than that other than it is not one of the Mustang or 4 wheel drive magazines they publish.

Quote:
Speedster has way too much class for that.

I think...
Don't think too much. Pretty much low class over here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

can't wait!
We're gonna have some fun.

Quote:
So is it??
Yes we did all of the NRE (NOT Nelson Racing Engines, but Non-reoccurring Engineering) so I guess you could call it a kit in that it would fit any Gen 5 Camaro. Just not the most economical kit.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #1390
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Yes we did all of the NRE (NOT Nelson Racing Engines, but Non-reoccurring Engineering) so I guess you could call it a kit in that it would fit any Gen 5 Camaro. Just not the most economical kit.
I've heard in one Hellion video that they can do custom turbo kits, do you think they would do custom twin 72's for a 2010 camaro?! or any company? if so the 4th gen might go in a few years for a 2010 SS.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #1391
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Speedster, whatever mag it's in that you can't talk about.. how about getting a bunch of extra copies to pass out to us Camaro5 faithful?

I sure would pay you for a copy, if I can't get it on a news stand.. after all I have been drooling and in awe of the SST for a while and I havn't seen the whole package yet! (that could be said by all of us in here, I think ).

BTW.. you are a bad influence.. see what I did to my car to try and keep up to the SST? (Roll cage going in)
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #1392
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Holy...shimOLy....

You guys are certifiably NUTS
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #1393
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Speedster, whatever mag it's in that you can't talk about.. how about getting a bunch of extra copies to pass out to us Camaro5 faithful?

I sure would pay you for a copy, if I can't get it on a news stand.. after all I have been drooling and in awe of the SST for a while and I havn't seen the whole package yet! (that could be said by all of us in here, I think ).

BTW.. you are a bad influence.. see what I did to my car to try and keep up to the SST? (Roll cage going in)
Don't even worry! Ill be doing the SAME to my 2010 when I get mine, interior OUT! roll cage in! interior back in! BTW how much does your camaro weigh currently like in that photo,
Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #1394
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
So I wonder how long the lead time on the magazone article is. We could be in for quite the wait
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #1395
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
I've heard in one Hellion video that they can do custom turbo kits, do you think they would do custom twin 72's for a 2010 camaro?! or any company? if so the 4th gen might go in a few years for a 2010 SS.
Any of the majors will do 72's for the right amount of money. It really comes down to what engine you are putting them on and your TRUE intended usage. There are many smaller ones that have a much higher low end torque curve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Speedster, whatever mag it's in that you can't talk about.. how about getting a bunch of extra copies to pass out to us Camaro5 faithful? First piece is just the engine.

Excellent !!! You have now opened the door to some craZy fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Holy...shimOLy....

Stable here....NOT !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
So I wonder how long the lead time on the magazone article is. We could be in for quite the wait
Unknown. First is just engine though.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #1396
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Holy...shimOLy....

Sorry speedster.. don't want to thread jack.. so this will be my last post on MY car...

Not Nuts.. you need to be safe.. I.E: reason for a Cage.
It's going to be more ridgid... and comfortable - and better - functionally as a race car. It will be certified for 8.50.

you don't want Welding fumes/burn marks on the interior parts, do ya?
This is where the fun REALLY starts... after this work is finished.

The interior Will go back in..
Well., most of it, anyway. LOL

Car weighed 3865 lbs BEFORE removal of the interior.

Stock seat weight Trivia:
Drivers seat 57 lbs
pass seat 45 lbs
back seat 40 lbs
---------------------
all the seats weigh 142 lbs.

The rest of the interior panels are pretty light - less than 20 lbs or so. (they will go back in)

replacement seats (only the front are going in) = 38 lbs for both

add 58 lbs or so for the cage...
so there is a little bit of weight savings happening as well...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #1397
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Speedster has way too much class for that.

I think...
Emma, maybe but I will bet he got a good visual and actually thought it was not a bad idea...lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #1398
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Emma, maybe but I will bet he got a good visual and actually thought it was not a bad idea...lol

He is a guy after all.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #1399
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
This may void the powertrain warranty. Just sayin'. hahahahahahaha someone will say something about this comment. tee hee!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #1400
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Oh the BLUUUUUURRR, I cant freakin wait!!! I hope they dont catch you and lock you up in the padded room before your car is done. Oh the MADNESS, you are sick I luv it!!!
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo