Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Blackandwhite

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Subs for my v6.

So heres the deal. I love subs, and ive always had a system in my car. I had two 12 inch type r alpines in my Mitsubishi with a 1k watt amp which slammed pretty hard for being low wattage. I still have the subs and amp, and I want them in my Camaro now. I know I need a custom box to fit it. I checked the dual ported box on ******** and was going to go with that since the specs are quite close with the specs needed for type r's. Either way. I'd like more opinions on PORTED boxes to fit the Camaro trunk, and I need to know what aftermarket radio to get that would actually fit the unworkable Camaro dash. Any advice would be wonderful. I have 75% of the equipment I need for this to happen, I just need my box and radio, and a little bit of power wire. Help me out.
Blackandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Go with this setup! Easy and handy!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Blackandwhite

Haha I've seen that before, very helpful -__-, thanks.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
That's a lie. Those are confirmed to be only 11 inch subs.

******** makes a ported box now. It'll probably be the most cost effective and his stuff is really good. I have a single 12 in the ******** stealthbox ...with a single kicker 400.1 mono amp and it pumps.

I'm not a fan of the aftermarket head units.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Blackandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroshark View Post
That's a lie. Those are confirmed to be only 11 inch subs.

******** makes a ported box now. It'll probably be the most cost effective and his stuff is really good. I have a single 12 in the ******** stealthbox ...with a single kicker 400.1 mono amp and it pumps.

I'm not a fan of the aftermarket head units.
So do you use a converter for the regular unit? is it annoying?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
I hate the way the dash kits look in the camaros, so I used a JBL MS-8 to connect my amps. Plus you retain all the factory bluetooth and usb, etc.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Blackandwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggnFrameGMC View Post
I hate the way the dash kits look in the camaros, so I used a JBL MS-8 to connect my amps. Plus you retain all the factory bluetooth and usb, etc.
I'll give it a look and yeah I know what you mean, I looked up a few and wasn't impressed.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #8
JakeSpeed21

Drives: 2012 45th SS/RS
I'm running Sony Gs 6.5 front, Sony Gs 6x9 rears, 2 Type R 12's in a vented box forward facing. With 1 MRX 1100 amp for the Subs and a 4x65 amp for the front and rears. Hits hard inside the car. Keeps the noise down on the outside.
JakeSpeed21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
JakeSpeed21

My guys at Sound Investments Columbus did this setup for my Type R's
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Blackandwhite

See I have the discontinued type r 12's. this is a nice setup. I want door speakers too, was it hard to wire? and Is it annoying taking off the door panels for this? I did it on my old car and wound up breaking a few door panel clips. I have Total Mobile Audio 1k watt mono amp and I wired my 12's down to 1 ohm. They used to slam in my Mitsubishi. I'm afraid what box to get, I don't want it facing forward though. Any suggestions on a box to fit my type r's? Here's a link to the subs I have, that provide the specs. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...SWR-1242D.html other than that. Should I use a converter instead?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #11
JakeSpeed21

I have Sony's in the door using all the factory locations. Nope not hard at all the Alpines amps have High level inputs so all i did was cut the wires for the factory amp and put them to the Alpines then run the outputs to factory speaker wires. The door panels are cake they use metal clips at the top and trees at the bottom. For the box just remember that you need 1.2 per sub. For vented 2.4 for both. And account for speaker displacement.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:05 AM   #12
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I know that this thread is from last year but I figured I'd share this photo in case anyone cares. I'm a HUGE "bass head" so I have systems in all of my vehicles. I installed three 12 inch Alpine Type-R's in an enclosed carbon fiber box. I also added Type-R front and rear speakers as well as a few amps to power everything. This car BUMPED like you can't even imagine, and it was an enclosed box too!

I actually sold that car last fall to a guy a couple years younger than me (and I'm 19!) and ordered and 2014 Corvette Stingray that will be arriving in about a month. I will be installing another killer system in there, but it will definitely take a lot of planning and positioning since I will still need to fit the targa top in the rear hatch. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #13
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Good call on those speaker grills I had to throw away my alpine R 10" because everything in my trunk was banging against it.
2010 SS, SLP TVS2300, 3.4 pulley, ZR1 injectors, MSD BAP, ZR1 map sensor, CAI intake, Custom Pat G tune, OBX long tube headers, Custom 3inch exhaust (no cats), Koni ST.R struts and shocks, Eibach pro kit sways and 1" lowering springs, CTS-V front brake upgrade.
black. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplifier, audio, box, subwoofer, wires