Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #155
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNacho08 View Post
I heard they finally fixed the problem they were having with the flux capacitor, it should be good for another 50 hp

JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #156
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
once again people, the word RUMOR is the first word...
The LS3 leaves PLENTY of power on the table in its current form but I'll believe it when I see it.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #157
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
once again people, the word RUMOR is the first word...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
The LS3 leaves PLENTY of power on the table in its current form but I'll believe it when I see it.
According to Number 3 there is No such thing as a rumor. At least that's what it says below his user name. Coincidence?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #158
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
Remember the Cyclone and Typhoon? Remember the Buick Grand National? Anything that threatens sales of the over priced Corvette gets dumbed down hp and torque or will become retired. They have to protect their top sports car. The cts-v has been supercharged with decent stats so GM, according to history, will up the corvettes stats to ensure its sails. Personally, I think they should ebrace the Camaro with the supercharger package. The Camaro isnt just the rebirth of an American Favorite, a movie star car, but a sports car that middle class can afford with the functionality of a back seat so the wife wont have a reason to object. They should have the supercharger, intake, exhaust, short shifter, and built in programmer as the 3SS package... Yeah it would need to be around 50k, but wouldn't you pay that for it all under warranty and able to take the corvettes...let alone the damn mustangs supercharged? I wanted this Camaro for its looks, but as well its "corvette" engine and luxury like sports car feel...thats why I paid for 2ss. If they go switching up the vehicle...we will have the "old" model Camaro. Honestly if GM would offer packages after the fact, like the one I stated above, they could reap the benifits of us going through them for performance parts. I say they keep the Camaro how it is, but make power packages throught GM for us to upgrade our cars with. Who the hell wants to continueslly buy, sell, buy again if you dont have too. I mean, why buy even 2012 if they will just have another 50hp gain for 2013? I think that will make it loose its appeal to the average guy. Middle class is depleting and would make much more sense to just offer power upgrades through GM. Just my 2 cents....Sorry for the length...thats what I told her.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #159
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
for 2012 a hp increase may look good on paper but really does noting for the camaro enthusiast, what gm needs to do is offer real performance parts, give us cold air intakes headers, superchargers, cams, suspension upgrades, gears, with warranty and sell then as packages, what people want is OME quality and warranty. This increase in hp is worthless, because Ford can do the same plus they offer real performance parts with some warranty.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #160
red 2011 ss

Drives: red 2011 ss
: clap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
for 2012 a hp increase may look good on paper but really does noting for the camaro enthusiast, what gm needs to do is offer real performance parts, give us cold air intakes headers, superchargers, cams, suspension upgrades, gears, with warranty and sell then as packages, what people want is OME quality and warranty. This increase in hp is worthless, because Ford can do the same plus they offer real performance parts with some warranty.
red 2011 ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #161
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Well said!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #162
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
stage 1, 2 etc. kits. They are missing the boat big time.
I'd be all over a kit with some form of warranty
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #163
rally yellow ss rs

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
I thought that was what I said...whatever though...Its the truth and should be restated. I just wish GM read this.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #164
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I agree with you as far as the performance parts, and I think eventually they will offer more in that area. I don't agree that Ford can just add 50 hp to the Mustang though, look at what they had to do to create the Boss with 440 hp, that is a significantly more expensive engine and only has 28 more hp, and all they really did was move the power higher in the rpm band. I'm not really knocking the 5.0, it is just in a much higher state of tune than the LS3 already.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #165
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post

There is no 'may' about it, it is a fact. You are also wrong about the LS3 being faster than an automatic 5.0. It is not.

I'm sorry Alrox, but I will disagree with you on that. You have been to a track and seen the 5.0 beat someone with an SS, which I am assuming you have? But an all stock 5.0 will not take and all stock L99 on 3 runs. I have seen it with my own eyes 2 wks ago at the San Antonio Raceway. Psss, he couldn't even beat me, I took him by .23 seconds on the 1/4, & I only have a V6 (also should point out that I took a '10 GT w/ exhaust&intake). What you say, "how is this possible" because the damn 5.0 comes with to much power to keep their lowsy street tires planted on the ground! It doesn't matter I'm sure to you, but a win is a win! The cars are worthless unless they are upgraded right from the factory!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #166
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
I'm sorry Alrox, but I will disagree with you on that. You have been to a track and seen the 5.0 beat someone with an SS, which I am assuming you have? But an all stock 5.0 will not take and all stock L99 on 3 runs. I have seen it with my own eyes 2 wks ago at the San Antonio Raceway. Psss, he couldn't even beat me, I took him by .23 seconds on the 1/4, & I only have a V6 (also should point out that I took a '10 GT w/ exhaust&intake). What you say, "how is this possible" because the damn 5.0 comes with to much power to keep their lowsy street tires planted on the ground! It doesn't matter I'm sure to you, but a win is a win! The cars are worthless unless they are upgraded right from the factory!
Your 14 second flat modified V6 is not faster than a stock automatic 5.0 Mustang in any way, regardless of factory tire.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #167
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Your 14 second flat modified V6 is not faster than a stock automatic 5.0 Mustang in any way, regardless of factory tire.
Then you Sir are ignorant of facts and are very mistrusting of others - Timeslips don't lie and neither do I, for I have no need to.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #168
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
Then you Sir are ignorant of facts and are very mistrusting of others - Timeslips don't lie and neither do I, for I have no need to.
It is blatantly obvious that you are incorrect and are unwilling to recognize a botched run against your clean run. Your car is much slower than a 5.0 or 2010 GT.

Post the timeslips you are talking about.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote