Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
SinfulCamaro
Sinful Camaro

Drives: BLACK 2010 2SS RS
anyone have instructions on installing a razzi GFX?

i recently purchased the razzi V8 body kit and need help on installing the side skirts and rear bumper. thanks
SinfulCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
use aluminum rivets in place of screws...also i used rivets under front spoiler..up to you, but they supply you with doublr sided mount strips for rear diffuser, i did not want any chance of them coming off as they did during install so after i mounted them in correct location around back ,drilled hole in each and rivet them...also i went to home depot and bought a 18" truss bracket for 2.00 and used a plastic epoxy and glued a bolt on bottom of diffuser in center inside location..{ did not want to put any holes in diffuser} if you look under back of car up toward trunk you will see a threaded bolt protruding down slightly off center of trunk.. get a matching nut for this...then by hand i prebent my truss bracket kinda like a Z and lined it up with bolt i glued and bolt at bottom of trunk...then i got another one and used a vice to bend it , using hand bent one as a template..drilled holes to match and bolt on...i felt rear diffuser need support at bottom , kinda flimsy...front was kinda simple...thats the best i can tell you..directions kinda sucked..test fit b4 you do anything...
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
I still have my instructions and can fax them to you if you give me a number. Mikepage0007 is right about it being flimsy in the back. The small plastic guides tabs do not have to be riveted in place though because they are just guides to get the difuser in the right position. No big deal if they fall off later. The trick is getting the dang diffuser to stick to the car in the first place. I ended up grinding the paint on the bumper cover and using 3M bonding adhesive to hold it in place. I got tired of it popping loose whenever I drove on the highway and it started flexing.
R6P - Kooks 1-7/8 Catted LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, MGW Shifter, Revolution SS Front Spoiler, Unrestricted Motorsports Rear Spoiler, Razzi Side and Rear EFX, Heritage Grill, Hawk HPS Pads, G2 Matched Calipers, SAV-3 Wheels, Vengeance Racing Stage II Cam 227/239.614/.624 115+3, 25% Underdrive Pulley, Oil Catch Can, 461 RWHP - 420 Torque
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
RAZZI Guy

Drives: N/A
Did you get a set of instructions??? We can easily email you a set in pdf which can he viewed in large images on your monitor. Just let us know...
RAZZI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
SupremacyCustoms

Drives: black 2010 2ss/rs camaro
Install is not a hard one they have a great set of instructions. Gratz on your kit.
SupremacyCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
really noticed the difusser moving alot when it was on a flatbed being hauled to the dyno after sc install.. i,m sure when car is closer to ground it would be less movement, but thet was when i decided to make a bracket..also if you have not put on yet, put wheels down on 2x4 so you have room to take jack out from under car...when lowering..had a hard time getting clearance to remove jack after install
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
You can find the installation instruction in color at www.factorywings.com
R6P - Kooks 1-7/8 Catted LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, MGW Shifter, Revolution SS Front Spoiler, Unrestricted Motorsports Rear Spoiler, Razzi Side and Rear EFX, Heritage Grill, Hawk HPS Pads, G2 Matched Calipers, SAV-3 Wheels, Vengeance Racing Stage II Cam 227/239.614/.624 115+3, 25% Underdrive Pulley, Oil Catch Can, 461 RWHP - 420 Torque
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
FED728

Drives: Aqua Blue SS
anyone know the proper place to jack the car up? Didn't want to mess something up
FED728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:35 AM   #9
chris1973

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
use aluminum rivets in place of screws...also i used rivets under front spoiler..up to you, but they supply you with doublr sided mount strips for rear diffuser, i did not want any chance of them coming off as they did during install so after i mounted them in correct location around back ,drilled hole in each and rivet them...also i went to home depot and bought a 18" truss bracket for 2.00 and used a plastic epoxy and glued a bolt on bottom of diffuser in center inside location..{ did not want to put any holes in diffuser} if you look under back of car up toward trunk you will see a threaded bolt protruding down slightly off center of trunk.. get a matching nut for this...then by hand i prebent my truss bracket kinda like a Z and lined it up with bolt i glued and bolt at bottom of trunk...then i got another one and used a vice to bend it , using hand bent one as a template..drilled holes to match and bolt on...i felt rear diffuser need support at bottom , kinda flimsy...front was kinda simple...thats the best i can tell you..directions kinda sucked..test fit b4 you do anything...
Mike,
I ordered my kit, should arrive any day now. I plan to follow your recommendations. Is this the bolt you are talking about and if so do you recall the size? Did you use a lock washer and bolt or other?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ctureid=129943

Appearance Mods: Razzi Bodykit with LEDs, 3D Carbon Side Vents, Tint, Painted Rims and Calipers,

See/hear my Camaro at
http://youtu.be/wn0Ck-cw6WQ
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
chris1973

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black on Black
Finished product at

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74#post8221374

Appearance Mods: Razzi Bodykit with LEDs, 3D Carbon Side Vents, Tint, Painted Rims and Calipers,

See/hear my Camaro at
http://youtu.be/wn0Ck-cw6WQ
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote