Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I will talk to my dealer.
Found the sticker under the mat. No paperwork. I will check with my dealer
Old 11-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
OK,Let me help clarify all the build sheets and labels you guys are talking about.
Obviously I don't have to tell you guys what build sheets are,and what they are used for.

I believe the build sheet Skylane765 is after is the main build sheet,or the "chassis mainline rider",this is the larger one that is with the car during the build process,it gets moved from place to place on the car during the production process (as we learned last year when we toured the Oshawa plant) in the end it finally ends up in the trunk,taped to the plastic bag that has the floor mats and owners manual in it.

There are two other smaller build sheets known as the "door rider" build sheets,they are on a clipboard next to each door while they are being assembled and trimmed out,after the doors are finished,and before the doors get bolted on,the assembly line tech then grabs each door build sheet and "stuffs it" into each door map-pocket after final assembly.

I can tell you that when a new Camaro arrives at a dealership off the carrier it has the mainline rider,and both door rider build sheets inside....the mainline rider like I said is taped to the bag in the trunk,and the door build sheets are stuffed into each doors map pocket. (although I have seen some where one of the door build sheets was missing,I'm assuming it got "blown-out" of the map pocket while the door was open during the loading/unloading process at the plant)

The label that was mentioned is known as the "SPID" or Service Parts Identification" label,it lists all the RPO codes,or options that the car was built with. It should never be removed from the vehicle as we need it to order correct parts if ever needed.

I can tell you what probably happened to your build sheets.....they got thrown away either during the PDI process,or during the clean-up for delivery,and once they get thrown away you cannot get them reprinted,they're gone for good :(

What I usually try and do whenever we receive a new Camaro (Corvette as well) is grab all three build sheets and put them inside the glove-box BEFORE the car is PDI'd,that way the future owner has them,I also try and grab all hang-tags or gate passes as well and put them in the glove-box also.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I will talk to my dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
Found the sticker under the mat. No paperwork. I will check with my dealer
Won't do any good unless the tech or clean-up guy saved them,once they get thrown away you cannot get them reprinted.

'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

[RockQUOTE=MS3DALE;5769384]OK,Let me help clarify all the build sheets and labels you guys are talking about.
Obviously I don't have to tell you guys what build sheets are,and what they are used for.

I believe the build sheet Skylane765 is after is the main build sheet,or the "chassis mainline rider",this is the larger one that is with the car during the build process,it gets moved from place to place on the car during the production process (as we learned last year when we toured the Oshawa plant) in the end it finally ends up in the trunk,taped to the plastic bag that has the floor mats and owners manual in it.
Oh well thanks for the info
There are two other smaller build sheets known as the "door rider" build sheets,they are on a clipboard next to each door while they are being assembled and trimmed out,after the doors are finished,and before the doors get bolted on,the assembly line tech then grabs each door build sheet and "stuffs it" into each door map-pocket after final assembly.

I can tell you that when a new Camaro arrives at a dealership off the carrier it has the mainline rider,and both door rider build sheets inside....the mainline rider like I said is taped to the bag in the trunk,and the door build sheets are stuffed into each doors map pocket.

The label that was mentioned is known as the "SPID" or Service Parts Identification" label,it lists all the RPO codes,or options that the car was built with. It should never be removed from the vehicle as we need it to order correct parts if ever needed.

I can tell you what probably happened to your build sheets.....they got thrown away either during the PDI process,or during the clean-up for delivery,and once they get thrown away you cannot get them reprinted,they're gone for good :(

What I usually try and do whenever we receive a new Camaro (Corvette as well) is grab all three build sheets and put them inside the glove-box BEFORE the car is PDI'd,that way the future owner has them,I also try and grab all hang-tags or gate passes as well and put them in the glove-box also.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Thanks for the info. I think I will get with the tech who does the PDI at the dealership and ask him to put paperwork in the glove box.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
MS3DALE

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I think I will get with the tech who does the PDI at the dealership and ask him to put paperwork in the glove box.
Yes,either that or tell the person who's in charge of checking in new vehicles to do it.
I was fortunate in that working at the dealership I got to see my car being unloaded,and was not only able to grab everything,but also able to perform the PDI myself.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
[RockQUOTE=MS3DALE;5769384]OK,Let me help clarify all the build sheets and labels you guys are talking about.

Oh well thanks for the info

I can tell you that when a new Camaro arrives at a dealership off the carrier it has the mainline rider,and both door rider build sheets inside....the mainline rider like I said is taped to the bag in the trunk,and the door build sheets are stuffed into each doors map pocket.

What I usually try and do whenever we receive a new Camaro (Corvette as well) is grab all three build sheets and put them inside the glove-box BEFORE the car is PDI'd,that way the future owner has them,I also try and grab all hang-tags or gate passes as well and put them in the glove-box also.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, it is no big deal SPID is just as good, I have the window sticker, all is good.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote