Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #589
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Does not look like a whole lot of diff from Trifectia, except price. This really looks more like it. 13 - 17 Hp increase, I would feel safe with that. 35 Hp over stock just did not sound right to me.

(Disclaimer): trying to remember numbers I could be wrong.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #590
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Does not look like a whole lot of diff from Trifectia, except price.
Everyone needs to understand that these results need to all be done on the same dyno for best comparison results. Try to keep about the same conditions, done back to back. It's VERY tough to try to get the best conditions out of everything, I did a handheld tuner shootout for GM High Tech Magazine back in '08 (http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...n/viewall.html) with controlled oil temperatures, coolant temperatures, and ambient temps as best as possible controlled. It was like 8-9 handhelds and it was a major PITA, but that's what you have to try to do and its still not 100% apples to apples comparison even then since weather ambient changes and dyno tolerance.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #591
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
So now I'm more confused. Looks like IPF dynoed 17hp over stock. Trifecta dynos about 13 over stock. But we had that dyno of IPF at like 15 over trifecta, didn't we?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I hate to say this, b/c its going to sound like bashing/fanboi-ish and probably going to rub people the wrong way, but here goes.

I was told on that particular run, the stock tune ran as well as the Trifecta run. Now....putting on my flame suit.

This will just never be settled until we can get a true back to back run of stock versus Trifecta versus IPF in a semi controlled environment.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #592
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
All I'm saying is on your back to back stock vs IPF runs, you're showing about 15-17rwhp gains. Trifecta has pretty consistently dynoed around 13-15 over stock, if I'm recalling correctly.

So what I don't get is when you did the other guys car, Trifecta, IPF and then SC, how you got it to show 15 over Trifecta.

I think your last test kind of made us all a little leery with the numbers but this one shows you're coming back down to earth.
Looks like we have two fairly similar, but both good, tuning options.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #593
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
So what I don't get is when you did the other guys car, Trifecta, IPF and then SC, how you got it to show 15 over Trifecta....
In Matt's defense...the other results on Ventmaster's car wasn't his test. It was at the IPF facility in Arizona I believe.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #594
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
All I'm saying is on your back to back stock vs IPF runs, you're showing about 15-17rwhp gains. Trifecta has pretty consistently dynoed around 13-15 over stock, if I'm recalling correctly.

So what I don't get is when you did the other guys car, Trifecta, IPF and then SC, how you got it to show 15 over Trifecta.

I think your last test kind of made us all a little leery with the numbers but this one shows you're coming back down to earth.
Looks like we have two fairly similar, but both good, tuning options.

As KM said, it's not my test there bud that was done Trifecta vs. IPF vs. Stock. Once again, if someone wants to provide a Trifecta tune to put in S-A's car, we would be happy to do so and provide the dyno time.

Past that, this is our results shown back to back over stock.

You can let the other guys go through the drama of who is the best. Give me the tools to show the tests and I'll be glad to do so. Obviously like I said GMHTP Magazine thought I was competent enough to do these tests years ago, so I'd have no problem performing the same style test again.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #595
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
In Matt's defense...the other results on Ventmaster's car wasn't his test. It was at the IPF facility in Arizona I believe.
Ok my mistake, I didn't pay close enough attention to whether it was IPF or FSP. Acronym confusion is all, no disrespect intended. I was more just talking about the data we have on IPF in general rather than who was specifically pushing the buttons.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #596
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I think a mail order tune will show less gains than what it would do if the tuners had the cars on their dyno. As they can see and tweak on the fly. Just like Matt can tune in house a LFX to similar to what IPF can get.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #597
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I think a mail order tune will show less gains than what it would do if the tuners had the cars on their dyno. As they can see and tweak on the fly. Just like Matt can tune in house a LFX to similar to what IPF can get.

Now with that being said, the IPF tune in my opinion isn't the end all be all tune for the V6.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #598
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

Now with that being said, the IPF tune in my opinion isn't the end all be all tune for the V6.
Oh no, I think this will just promote some healthy competition between tuners. The Bosch ECU is a b*tch but who knows what someone comes up with.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #599
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
It has always been my policy to not work on anything that my shop cannot tune. However, with the V6 market for the LLT there is no choice. The nice part with IPF is that if there were changes to be made the response time is very quick from Ashe. This tune we just did was a direct drop-in, Air/Fuel was perfect.

And yes I agree with Cant_C_Me on-site is better in most cases, however, we only have some options to choose from.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #600
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Never thought I would go with a canned tune. I certainly prefer to have the car on the dyno and trim. However I have had good luck with the IPF tune, obd data, and Arno doesn't sleep !
Just not any other choices locally to get this done on spot. Maybe some day Jannetys will get on the LLT bandwagon
Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #601
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Im not going to bash neither company! My own two cents is as follows. I have a trifecta tune on my 2010 camaro LT. I am pleased with it an am looking forward to interacting with trifecta again soon as I get my exhaust work under way. I will say I can tell a difference in shifting and butt dyno. I have no experience with IPF's tuning simply because the price I recieved on my Trifecta was unpassable. If done over Id do trifecta again. My only con to Trifecta is that I bought the cable and etc to tune my vehicle and was never sent a tune to save and load to my computer. I have to go back to BNR site to email them and ask for the tune to be emailed to me. It didnt take long to receieve my tune via email. Also to mention i believe i held onto my trifecta cable a good month before I even bothered to install the tune on my vehicle so the wait was no big deal. Still on the other hand as stated online I was to recieve a tune through email.... I did not.. That is my only issue. Other then that all and all I am pleased. I think this IPF and Trifecta V.s. each other in my own personal opinion has been blown way out of line... This has been drug on way to long. In beginning i was very curious as to which was better. Now I could care less. Its old news in my book. Again please understand this is my own 2 cents here. Please dont consider this as a bashing.
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #602
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Okay, I was pleased with the IPF tune and still am (performance wise). However, IPF's response time has gotten ALOT worse recently and now I cannot get them to respond when I need it. So...I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I need the tuner update to tune out the CEL I keep getting and I am having to rent the tuner module again for the update when they should have taken care of it in the first place when I told them what was going on (before I first tuned the car). This has been going on for more than 4 months...