Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
ZenitramSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Just Installed Hotchkis Race Suspension.....WOW!!!

I just finished installing the Hotchkis Race suspension on my 2011. The inistall took me 5 hours to complete on my garage floor. The kit went on very easy, the only pain in the arse was the holes that had to be drilled inside the strut tower. The car rides and handles very well!!!

Whatcha think?
Attached Images

2011 2SS Imperial Blue - Volant CAI - SLP Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers - SLP Hi Flow Cats - Flowmaster Cat Back - SLP Line Lock - Full Hotchkis Race Pack Suspension - LS3 Conversion - Wild Comp Cam - Circle D Converter - Edlebrock E Force Supercharger - Weld Racing Wheels - M&H Drag Radial Tires -

Last edited by ZenitramSS; 04-29-2011 at 10:07 AM.
ZenitramSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
JC0311SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Came out real nice, this is the next big purchase Im doing to my SS.

2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE. Black on black w/ NPP exhaust.
JC0311SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
She's purrrrty.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenitramSS View Post
I just finished installing the Hotchkis Race suspension on my 2011. The inistall took me 5 hours to complete on my garage floor. The kit went on very easy, the only pain in the arse was the holes that had to be drilled inside the strut tower. The car rides and handles very well!!!

Whatcha think?
ZenitramSS - The car looks great! Let us know what you think as you drive the car more, and please, if you have suggestions on ways we can improve our instructions or customer support, tell us!
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
ZenitramSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
ZenitramSS - The car looks great! Let us know what you think as you drive the car more, and please, if you have suggestions on ways we can improve our instructions or customer support, tell us!
I'm not goint to lie, I started hearing a little bit of noise but it was all my doing. The rear links loosened and a bit of thread lock took care of that problem.
I have been chasing a small click for a few days and I found it today, again it was my doing. The front link (long one) had the jam nut a bit loose so I got that squared away.

I just came back from a test drive and now I am VERY PLEASED with the smooth no noise ride. I will say this, put thread lock on every fastener to keep everything tight.
As far as the instructions go they are perfect, pics and all....very detailed!

GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

I would like to put some Hotchkis stickers on the car, do you guys have any?
2011 2SS Imperial Blue - Volant CAI - SLP Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers - SLP Hi Flow Cats - Flowmaster Cat Back - SLP Line Lock - Full Hotchkis Race Pack Suspension - LS3 Conversion - Wild Comp Cam - Circle D Converter - Edlebrock E Force Supercharger - Weld Racing Wheels - M&H Drag Radial Tires -
ZenitramSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
HBMike

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green HBR
Best thing you can do to your camaro. We recommend this setup to everyone we see at the track and shows. I personally run it on my own car and love it.
Wilwood 6 Pistons -Magnaflow X-Cat back - CDC Havoc Styling - TSW Wheels - Roadwire Custom Green Leather Interior - Hotchkis Race Suspension - Whiteline Flatout - KW V3 Suspension - 3M Wraps - Toyo Tires - IPF Supercharger - Vortech V3 - Airaid Filters
HBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS

Great choice in color and suspension!!!

We have the the race pack. We have been auto crossing alot lately. My husband won the modified class at the fest, and last weekend I took home the fastest in the ladies class!!! suspension makes a world of difference!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenitramSS View Post
I'm not goint to lie, I started hearing a little bit of noise but it was all my doing. The rear links loosened and a bit of thread lock took care of that problem.
I have been chasing a small click for a few days and I found it today, again it was my doing. The front link (long one) had the jam nut a bit loose so I got that squared away.

I just came back from a test drive and now I am VERY PLEASED with the smooth no noise ride. I will say this, put thread lock on every fastener to keep everything tight.
As far as the instructions go they are perfect, pics and all....very detailed!

GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

I would like to put some Hotchkis stickers on the car, do you guys have any?
ZenitramSS – Your Camaro looks great! Thanks for the review, we’re glad you’re pleased with your new Hotchkis suspension! PM us about the stickers.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
ZenitramSS – Your Camaro looks great! Thanks for the review, we’re glad you’re pleased with your new Hotchkis suspension! PM us about the stickers.
I was going to send you a PM/Email but I thought I'd do it here.

I'm not sure who uses the Hotchkis account but can you please pass on to Mr. Hotchkis a sincere thank your for helping out with the AutoX at the C5FII.

We truly appreciate it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I was going to send you a PM/Email but I thought I'd do it here.

I'm not sure who uses the Hotchkis account but can you please pass on to Mr. Hotchkis a sincere thank your for helping out with the AutoX at the C5FII.

We truly appreciate it.
GTAHVIT – Thanks for taking time to drop us a note! We’ll pass your note along!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote