Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
sorry, but I wouldn't screw with it with that little of a gap. if nothing else, I would seal it with clear rtv BUT not a big bead of it, just enough to seal it, if properly done, you couldn't see it.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks like it's a simple fix....removing the headliner and tightening a bolt or two.

I wouldn't do it myself. I'd take that in and have the dealer fix it. I'd hate to see you pop a tab, rip the headliner or bend it, or break something in the process that would cause you to have to pay money to get the issue corrected.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #17
brothersperformance.com

Drives: 2010 SS
Here's a close up shot of the fin on our SS. I know you don't need these 3BVert, but I thought I'd post them for those who don't have their cars yet, just to show more of what it's supposed to look like.

Me? Paying as much money as we do for these vehicles, if something isn't right, I'd want it fixed, and the thought of me trying to put down a nice little bead of sealer around the shark fin on a 4 week old car makes me laugh... boy, that'd be one tremendous mess!

No, I'd make an appointment with my dealership and make sure they fixed it right. But that's just my take on it.
Attached Images

brothersperformance.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
See....^^^ That's how it is. Get that schtufff fixed.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersperformance.com View Post
Here's a close up shot of the fin on our SS. I know you don't need these 3BVert, but I thought I'd post them for those who don't have their cars yet, just to show more of what it's supposed to look like.

Me? Paying as much money as we do for these vehicles, if something isn't right, I'd want it fixed, and the thought of me trying to put down a nice little bead of sealer around the shark fin on a 4 week old car makes me laugh... boy, that'd be one tremendous mess!

No, I'd make an appointment with my dealership and make sure they fixed it right. But that's just my take on it.
Thanks for the pics of how it's supposed to look. When my dealer says that there's nothing wrong with mine I'll have something to show him. I'm still concerned about how intrusive the "fix" will be. I'm not sure I want them pulling the headliner. There's too big a chance of them breaking something else in the process. Especially since you know that they've likely never done it before (at my dealer).
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
SDCMRO1

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Shark fin

My BMW has the same issue regarding the Shark fin. I never fixed it and never had any problems and have had it for three years.
SDCMRO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #21
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCMRO1 View Post
My BMW has the same issue regarding the Shark fin. I never fixed it and never had any problems and have had it for three years.
Good to know. Thanks!