Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
orangecamaro12

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS; 2002 Trailblazer
Mrt v2 + resonated x-pipe + stock resonator delete?

Just ordered the mrt v2 and magnaflow x-pipe, was thinking about having the shop take off the stock resonators while they are at it. Any one have this setup on an LFX? Most of the videos I've seen were of LLT's with headers.
orangecamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecamaro12 View Post
Just ordered the mrt v2 and magnaflow x-pipe, was thinking about having the shop take off the stock resonators while they are at it. Any one have this setup on an LFX? Most of the videos I've seen were of LLT's with headers.
After looking over our orders from last night I am going to assume that your initials are V.C.. Thanks for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
orangecamaro12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
After looking over our orders from last night I am going to assume that your initials are V.C.. Thanks for your order.
Yep

What do you think about the resonator delete?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
It will be fine be fine deleting the stock because of the resonated x-pipe fromagnaflow. It will sound great! If you get long tube headers it will spud even better, I was going to do something similar I your set up but I'm getting a catch can instead.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
It will be fine be fine deleting the stock because of the resonated x-pipe fromagnaflow. It will sound great! If you get long tube headers it will spud even better, I was going to do something similar I your set up but I'm getting a catch can instead.
I don't think you can put headers on the LFX
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
orangecamaro12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
I don't think you can put headers on the LFX
Correct, you can't install headers.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecamaro12 View Post
Yep

What do you think about the resonator delete?
It will definitely add some volume.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
orangecamaro12

Got the Mrt v2 yesterday WOW that was fast shipping!

Thanks Chase!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I have the MRT V2's with the Magnaflow X-Pipe installed. I bought them at the same time. I installed the V2's first and ran them for about a month or so. A lot of the C5 members report the drone going away or becoming less noticeable as time goes on, this is true, the car does adjust. However, I was still getting just enough drone that I decided to add the x-pipe. I've had this set up for about 6 weeks now. There are a few things to think about...

1. If you don't mind a little drone, the V2's sound amazing for an axle back all on their own. Although at first you may think "holy s--t what did I do because initially, it is louder inside the cabin because your ears are use to no sound at all from the stock set-up.

2. When you add the x-pipe, it takes away the rasp, but in my opinion, still sounds great and I can't tell the difference in the sound volume itself. The exhaust note is smooth and there is no drone at all (at least with my car there hasn't been) throughout the entire speed and RPM range.

3. When I added in the x-pipe, the car became much more settled. it moved off the line better, everything was better. The car got up to RPM faster, idle was better. It behaved a lot like some of the members are reporting for the Vmax TB install.

4. A lot of the C5 members like to hear that "crackle" in their exhaust note, I'm one of them... when I added in the x-pipe, there was a lot LESS crackle, but you have to take the good with the bad and for my personal preference. I'd rather have the performance aspects that the x-pipe brings to the table consistently.

The only other mod I have on my car right now in regard to performance is a K&N drop in filter. Which does very little in terms of WOW factor, but it is better than stock and I have it in place until I can decide if I want a CAI or not.

I have a Vmax TB on order, it will be here on Tuesday. I'll be out of town after Thursday so I'll install the TB Tuesday and get as much drive time on that as I can. If you're interested in knowing how that works with the current mod's, PM me and I'll come back and post my thoughts out here for you and the other viewing members. I live in California so it's an act of God to find a good set-up that allows for both performance and still be CARB Legal. CAI's are not even legal here, seriously... When you see mod's advertised that say 49 state legal. Rest assure, that the one state that it isn't is California... but hey, we have miles of beaches with naked and half naked women running around so again. You have to take the good with the bad LOL.

At the end of the day. I'm really glad that I did the mod's in stages because there really is a performance difference when you add the x-pipe. Had I not done this, I would have never known what really balanced out the performance aspects of the car. Over all I'm really pleased with everything that I've done. I never wanted to disturbed the peace with my exhaust system. I just like pissing off the dude down the street from me that drives a Prius.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #10
orangecamaro12

Mrt and xpipe were installed today, kind of had that feeling of crap what did I do this morning. Starting to like it more as I drive it, hoping it calms down a little in low rpms.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
I have the MRT V2's with the Magnaflow X-Pipe installed. I bought them at the same time. I installed the V2's first and ran them for about a month or so. A lot of the C5 members report the drone going away or becoming less noticeable as time goes on, this is true, the car does adjust. However, I was still getting just enough drone that I decided to add the x-pipe. I've had this set up for about 6 weeks now. There are a few things to think about...

1. If you don't mind a little drone, the V2's sound amazing for an axle back all on their own. Although at first you may think "holy s--t what did I do because initially, it is louder inside the cabin because your ears are use to no sound at all from the stock set-up.

2. When you add the x-pipe, it takes away the rasp, but in my opinion, still sounds great and I can't tell the difference in the sound volume itself. The exhaust note is smooth and there is no drone at all (at least with my car there hasn't been) throughout the entire speed and RPM range.

3. When I added in the x-pipe, the car became much more settled. it moved off the line better, everything was better. The car got up to RPM faster, idle was better. It behaved a lot like some of the members are reporting for the Vmax TB install.

4. A lot of the C5 members like to hear that "crackle" in their exhaust note, I'm one of them... when I added in the x-pipe, there was a lot LESS crackle, but you have to take the good with the bad and for my personal preference. I'd rather have the performance aspects that the x-pipe brings to the table consistently.

The only other mod I have on my car right now in regard to performance is a K&N drop in filter. Which does very little in terms of WOW factor, but it is better than stock and I have it in place until I can decide if I want a CAI or not.

I have a Vmax TB on order, it will be here on Tuesday. I'll be out of town after Thursday so I'll install the TB Tuesday and get as much drive time on that as I can. If you're interested in knowing how that works with the current mod's, PM me and I'll come back and post my thoughts out here for you and the other viewing members. I live in California so it's an act of God to find a good set-up that allows for both performance and still be CARB Legal. CAI's are not even legal here, seriously... When you see mod's advertised that say 49 state legal. Rest assure, that the one state that it isn't is California... but hey, we have miles of beaches with naked and half naked women running around so again. You have to take the good with the bad LOL.

At the end of the day. I'm really glad that I did the mod's in stages because there really is a performance difference when you add the x-pipe. Had I not done this, I would have never known what really balanced out the performance aspects of the car. Over all I'm really pleased with everything that I've done. I never wanted to disturbed the peace with my exhaust system. I just like pissing off the dude down the street from me that drives a Prius.
Nice post.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I know this is a MRT V2 and X-Pipe Thread, but just a quick note... I added the VMAX TB this week into the mix and It's a great little mod. Very much worth the money, I wish I could get a tune but don't want to void the warrantee. Thanks for the shout out Chase and thank you again for all your help with these mods. Pete at VMAX is a rock star BTW, if any of the C5 members get the chance to pick his brain take it. He reminds me a lot of Dean Moon back in the day!
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #13
orangecamaro12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
I know this is a MRT V2 and X-Pipe Thread, but just a quick note... I added the VMAX TB this week into the mix and It's a great little mod. Very much worth the money, I wish I could get a tune but don't want to void the warrantee. Thanks for the shout out Chase and thank you again for all your help with these mods. Pete at VMAX is a rock star BTW, if any of the C5 members get the chance to pick his brain take it. He reminds me a lot of Dean Moon back in the day!
Plan on doing TB soon. Any other input about deleting resonators? I'm still on the fence, I want to do it but I'm worried it will be too loud.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I wish someone made a resonated XPipe that will fit a convertible without modifying the underbody bracing.

Tags
mrt v2, resonator delete, x-pipe