Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
danrc28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Black on Black
Shipping Weight/dimensions of front bumper cover?

Im doing a bumper swap with someone (Swamping my Lt bumper for SS) and Im trying to get a quote with UPS. However they ask for weight and dimensions. I estimated that the box I would need would be about 75" long, 30" Height", 20" Width. I estimated weight around 25 pounds?

Does anyone actually know the best box dimensions to ship the front bumper, also the weight? And any suggestions on what company to go with if Im shipping from Canada to the US?

THANKS!!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
danrc28

ALSO, after getting a few quick quotes with a few companies like UPS, i get estimates of about $350+! I dont understand why the price is so high....If you go on gmpartshouse, they sell the front bumper with the grille and all the needed accessories and only charge $73 shipping to Canada....anyone have any idea why this may be?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Dont know about the weight issue, but as for the cost of shipping, GM probably gets a massive discount based on the quantity they ship. The more you ship=discount on shipping costs.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrc28 View Post
ALSO, after getting a few quick quotes with a few companies like UPS, i get estimates of about $350+! I dont understand why the price is so high....If you go on gmpartshouse, they sell the front bumper with the grille and all the needed accessories and only charge $73 shipping to Canada....anyone have any idea why this may be?
The front bumpers are oversize and our website can not calulate them. Usually shipping to Canada buy us to a business is around 170.00. We are alot cheaper because we do alot of frieght shipments and get a massive discount
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
FYI I shipped a front bumper cover from Orlando to Chicago area for if I recall $120 via truck freight (http://www.odfl.com/index.shtml)

Sean
Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
danrc28

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The front bumpers are oversize and our website can not calulate them. Usually shipping to Canada buy us to a business is around 170.00. We are alot cheaper because we do alot of frieght shipments and get a massive discount
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
FYI I shipped a front bumper cover from Orlando to Chicago area for if I recall $120 via truck freight (http://www.odfl.com/index.shtml)

Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
Dont know about the weight issue, but as for the cost of shipping, GM probably gets a massive discount based on the quantity they ship. The more you ship=discount on shipping costs.

Thanks guys, Im probably going to look into that truck freight country and see what rate I get.

Also, how do you ship something of that size? Is there a box that can be purchased that large? If so, were can I get it? and how would I pack it so that it will be safe from being damaged during transport?

THANKS!!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Thanks guys, Im probably going to look into that truck freight country and see what rate I get.

Also, how do you ship something of that size? Is there a box that can be purchased that large? If so, were can I get it? and how would I pack it so that it will be safe from being damaged during transport?

THANKS!!
I went to my local dealership and asked the parts guy to keep an eye out for a large box with a bumper (I had one w/in a few days) you can also check body shops as well.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
patrickt

Quote:

THANKS!!
GM sends them wrapped in a foam like paper or you could go to uline for a box but will probably be expensive to get just one
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
danrc28

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
GM sends them wrapped in a foam like paper or you could go to uline for a box but will probably be expensive to get just one
Quote:
I went to my local dealership and asked the parts guy to keep an eye out for a large box with a bumper (I had one w/in a few days) you can also check body shops as well.
Awesome!! Thanks soo much guys...im probably going to grab some of that foam stuff and ask around for a box that size then. If I cant find one I guess Ill have to purchase one from Uline then.

Getting the quote from odfl as we speak, any idea what the weight and class (50-500) is???

Last, thing I gotta figure out is what exact parts have to be swapped, Im assuming, the center grill from either bumper fits soo ill be keeping mine...other than that im not sure, not to sure if the same bolts and such are used for both bumpers or if I have to send him all mine...

From checking on gmpartshouse, I know that he has to send me (aside from the SS front bumper cover):
-Upper and lower grill
-air deflector, and right/left filler molding (not sure if these are attached to the cover once it is removed or if they must be removed separately.

Once again, not to sure if he has to send me any specific bolts and such or if all that fits the same with both bumpers.

If you guys arent to sure, no worries Ill just make a new thread with a more specific name. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
patrickt

Quote:
Awesome!! Thanks soo much guys...im probably going to grab some of that foam stuff and ask around for a box that size then. If I cant find one I guess Ill have to purchase one from Uline then.

Getting the quote from odfl as we speak, any idea what the weight and class (50-500) is???

Last, thing I gotta figure out is what exact parts have to be swapped, Im assuming, the center grill from either bumper fits soo ill be keeping mine...other than that im not sure, not to sure if the same bolts and such are used for both bumpers or if I have to send him all mine...

From checking on gmpartshouse, I know that he has to send me (aside from the SS front bumper cover):
-Upper and lower grill
-air deflector, and right/left filler molding (not sure if these are attached to the cover once it is removed or if they must be removed separately.

Once again, not to sure if he has to send me any specific bolts and such or if all that fits the same with both bumpers.

If you guys arent to sure, no worries Ill just make a new thread with a more specific name. THANKS AGAIN!!!
First of freight class is 77.5

The required parts are the grills and the deflector and there are some bolts to attache the fascia that are different but many just use generic ones
Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
meb885

Drives: 13 CRT 2SS-1LE/06 Trailblazer
this came directly from someone else's post but heres all the parts needed to do the swap. credit goes to the original poster altho now i cant remember who's thread i pulled it out of.

V6 to SS Bumper Cover
Complete List of OEM parts to do the Swap over from the LS/LT bumper to the SS bumper.

OEM SS Bumper cover P/N 92236547
OEM lower SS grille P/N- 92218015
OEM Mail slot grille P/N 92242525
OEM SS Front Air Dam Deflector Spoiler P/N-92234403
OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238867
OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238937
Planned Upgrades Soon:De-Chrome (Black outs),
TEAM LS3
2010 2LT VIN#165 Traded In, 2010 2SS VIN#42415 Traded In
meb885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #12
danrc28

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb885 View Post
this came directly from someone else's post but heres all the parts needed to do the swap. credit goes to the original poster altho now i cant remember who's thread i pulled it out of.

V6 to SS Bumper Cover
Complete List of OEM parts to do the Swap over from the LS/LT bumper to the SS bumper.

OEM SS Bumper cover P/N 92236547
OEM lower SS grille P/N- 92218015
OEM Mail slot grille P/N 92242525
OEM SS Front Air Dam Deflector Spoiler P/N-92234403
OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238867
OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238937

Hey thanks! Im having trouble trying to figure out what "OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238867
OEM-Bumper/Fascia Emblem P/N-92238937" is. I type the product number on GMpartshouse and I get a left/right filler moulding....Not sure what that is or where I find that, doesnt make sense because its called Bumper/fascia emblem in that list??...
Old 12-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
danrc28

Quote:

Sean
Hey Sean, I emailed ODFL and they said they dont ship personal items, only business??? How did you manage to ship your bumper cover??

I also noticed that it was you who has the thread on the SS bumper swap, I acually saved that thread to my bookmarks for when the time came. The guy sending me his bumper is sending me everything that is usually included within the bumper (in terms of the grills) minus the center grill, which is backwards compatible with both models. I believe the front air dam deflector spoiler is that long rubber peice that goes along the bottom of the bumper, he says his didnt come with one but the one that goes on my lt bumper should fit his SS one?

Also I am a bit confused on what the fascia emblems are...they are called left/right Filler moldings when I type the product number on GM part websites.

Also, any specific nuts/bolts that needed to be swapped or will the LS ones work fine on the SS bumper?

THANKS
Old 12-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Hey Sean, I emailed ODFL and they said they dont ship personal items, only business??? How did you manage to ship your bumper cover??

I also noticed that it was you who has the thread on the SS bumper swap, I acually saved that thread to my bookmarks for when the time came. The guy sending me his bumper is sending me everything that is usually included within the bumper (in terms of the grills) minus the center grill, which is backwards compatible with both models. I believe the front air dam deflector spoiler is that long rubber peice that goes along the bottom of the bumper, he says his didnt come with one but the one that goes on my lt bumper should fit his SS one?

Also I am a bit confused on what the fascia emblems are...they are called left/right Filler moldings when I type the product number on GM part websites.

Also, any specific nuts/bolts that needed to be swapped or will the LS ones work fine on the SS bumper?

THANKS

Odd I never new that again I use my business Car Show Display to send my items out.

The lower airdam deflector is the black rubber piece the one on the LS/LT's will not fit 100% you will need to cut it in half you will have a 2" gap in the middle (I decided to keep the V6 one and cut it) as I did not want to spend $60 for a new one (you never see it).

As for the "left/right Filler moldings" see the attached photo.

Sean
Attached Images