Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
First time Racing

So I went to Raceway Park in NJ and did some racing. I had a great time and tried some of the tips I read on this thread. I lower my back tire pressure to 25psi. I didn't raise my front tires though. My R/T time looks very slow compare to the other I raced against. How can I improve on the R/T time? Someone told me I should jump on the light before the green lights. I wait until the green, I was afraid to red light lol. I used the launch control and it seems to work pretty good. Check out my time slips and let me know what I can do to improve. Also how do the DA affect my final time? I noticed some time slips that have a slower MPH but a better time. How does that work? Isn't racing awesome
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 20100907201557961.pdf (52.1 KB, 132 views)
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Shallow stage (just enough to turn on the second stage bulb) and as soon as the 3rd amber lights hit it. I bet you will be pretty close. Don't worry about redlighting....you just need seat time.
The bulbs have 3 distinct phases each, (LED's not so apparent, but still visable) front (just as the bulb begins to illuminate), top (when the bulb is fully illuminated) and back (as the bulb begins to dim).

When you get used to it you can try to fine tune by where during the illumination you leave. Also, you can bump in deeper during staging, but your ET will be a bit slower. If your going to bracket race you need to understand all about staging & leaving first, and then about driving the finish line.

There is $$ to be made racing brackets!

There is a good group of vette guys up there, introduce yourself and ask for tips.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Like above, shallow stage, go on last yellow light. Don't worry if you red light, it really means nothing unless you are actually in a real race. Even if you red light you still get all your times. Your ET is the most important stat. Red lighting does not affect your ET.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Thanks guys! I can't wait to go back to the track to practice!
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote