Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #10039
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Standing mile races start this weekend in Wilmington! Whose competing? whose watching?

http://ecta-lsr.net/?page_id=27
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #10040
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Unfortunately there are a lot of looney bins who think the Camaro is comparative to those cars. I've even heard the Camaro referred to as a... and I kid you not... "hand built super car". this particular person was at bbomg and said they saw the car being hand built with their own eyes. Lord.
Seriously? I always heard the Camaro is the Redneck Ferrari, sounds like thats proving accurate! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
Word...
But still awesome!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #10041
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
the 2012 I'm driving right now looks nothing like this...I think the 2014 looks really sharp...I'd consider it if I was looking for a family car
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #10042
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
But still awesome!
True.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #10043
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Regarding the 6th gen, as long as there is a V8 option, I don't care if the lower end models have moped engines...

Not trash talking the six, just saying.

Just sent... don't want to offend anyone.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #10044
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Regarding the 6th gen, as long as there is a V8 option, I don't care if the lower end models have moped engines...

I agree. I will never own a V6 Camaro, so I could care less.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #10045
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
I agree. I will never own a V6 Camaro, so I could care less.
Damn SSholes LOL
Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #10046
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Off topic here guys but had my windows tinted by "tint guy" in farfield. He did a great job and at a great price. Just wanted to throw the shout out. $160 to be exact. Great guy as well!
My boyfriend had his windows done there as well. Guy was super nice and is a fan of Camaros. He was fond of mine when we picked up Pat's Civic one day.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #10047
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:

Yeah, you better NOT trash talk us six bangers-- there'll be quite a few of us on Saturday that'll whoop ya.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #10048
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Yeah, you better NOT trash talk us six bangers-- there'll be quite a few of us on Saturday that'll whoop ya.
is this against all V8's, I may want in on this action.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #10049
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
There may be quite a few, but you'll always be 2 short of enough to get the job done!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #10050
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Off topic here guys but had my windows tinted by "tint guy" in farfield. He did a great job and at a great price. Just wanted to throw the shout out. $160 to be exact. Great guy as well!

Probably going to get this done soon too... I will check him out... There's a place right down the street from me called Solar Shades (Truck Paradise) that did my Mazda 3 when I had it... They did a good job but I know it was over $200.

What % did you get? I was thinking 30%ish on the front two and then 20/15% on the rear side windows and back... or i might just do the 30 all around. Any Pics?
3M Clear Bra, GM Strong MAF, Borla S-Type Axle-back, RX Catch Can, Pedders: Xa Coilovers, Sub-Frame / Radius Rod Inserts, BMR: Front & Rear sway bars / End links & RLCA plates, Defenderworx black bowties
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #10051
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post

There's a place right down the street from me called Solar Shades (Truck Paradise) that did my Mazda 3 when I had it... They did a good job but I know it was over $200.
That's where I went. I got the higher quality film and I think it was right around $300, but I think they have dropped the price since then. My passenger door window started to peel at the top after about a year and I took it back and they replaced it for free. I am pleased with it. They did a good job, and it has held up on my daily driver that frequently hauls around multiple kids.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #10052
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post

Probably going to get this done soon too... I will check him out... There's a place right down the street from me called Solar Shades (Truck Paradise) that did my Mazda 3 when I had it... They did a good job but I know it was over $200.

What % did you get? I was thinking 30%ish on the front two and then 20/15% on the rear side windows and back... or i might just do the 30 all around. Any Pics?

I got 20% all around with a 6" eyebrow. I am plasti dipping my wheels right now so when I finish I'll throw pics up!
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?