Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Djmoekli
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Vmax iceolator help!

Ok i just have 2 questions am concerned about so am goin to order my vmax iceolator and i will have the dealership to install it for me because I've heard from many people its pain. i already have OBX LT header, bbk cold air intake, magnaflow resonated x pipe with slp loudmouth exhuast. 1.Will i feel the difference after i get it installed? 2. How will the guy know that everything is ok after installing it since I already have a CEL (caused from headers)?
Djmoekli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Get on obd2 reader. A good investment if you are worried about another cel. Bluetooth setup to your smart phone and it's always with you. Actually the iceolator is not that bad of an install. You will feel a difference but if you want to really feel a difference get the vitesse throttle controller ! Real easy install !
Old 06-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Install yourself and save the money.
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
Djmoekli
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4rMach1ne View Post
Install yourself and save the money.
the problem is am not really a mechanic guy
Djmoekli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Neither am I but I did mine with a little help from a friend who is. It did not turn out to be that bad. I was just not confident to do something like that by myself. See if you can find someone local to come & help you. And Yes, I think you will feel a difference. Like everything else, you will need to give it a little time for your car to re-learn it to feel the full effect but I felt a good difference right away. Now I did add it at the same time as my ported throttle body & Apex washer bottle relocation & scoop. I have heard plenty of others say however they felt a good improvement regardless of what other mods they had. Be sure you get a torque wrench of the correct size as you will need to re-torque the bolts occasionally & it is not worth going in to a shop for that.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Neither am I but I did mine with a little help from a friend who is. It did not turn out to be that bad. I was just not confident to do something like that by myself. See if you can find someone local to come & help you. And Yes, I think you will feel a difference. Like everything else, you will need to give it a little time for your car to re-learn it to feel the full effect but I felt a good difference right away. Now I did add it at the same time as my ported throttle body & Apex washer bottle relocation & scoop. I have heard plenty of others say however they felt a good improvement regardless of what other mods they had. Be sure you get a torque wrench of the correct size as you will need to re-torque the bolts occasionally & it is not worth going in to a shop for that.
I believe your exact words at the time were, "I'm going to have to relearn how to drive my car!".
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote