Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #15
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Yeah I'm going to look into some Turbo kits and Centri as well. It will be a while until I can afford it but I want to start learning now.
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #16
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Yeah I panicked yesterday but I put together a plan today so I'm gonna pull the Ad.
Been there myself bro! When I got back to AZ, I bought a car to drive as a daily driver so I could just play with the Camaro. Then I was becoming obsessed with being debt free, and my biggest expense was the Camaro. Thought about selling it and trying to get out of cars for good, then I found a nice 4th gen Camaro I liked that was half the price of what I owe, so I thought about that. Then I spent some time on it, washed, polished it, detailed the piss out of, took it for a drive, and never thought about that again! I said I work hard for my shit, Im not just going to give it up because it would make life easier. F-that. Now Im happy! The wife said I have to wait till we get our next house before I can do my 427 build. So thats what Im anxious for now!! 13.0 compression, 100 octane! AWWWWLLL YA!!
Old 12-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
I would go with the ECS kit mentioned above and add some TSP headers and a CAI (if you don't already have them) and you'll probably end up a hair over 7K after the tune. But you will have to do the install yourself to maintain the budget. Also you mentioned you like the twisties which is were a centri would be better than the TT kit imo because you don't want all that power coming on suddenly mid corner. A nice linear predictable powerband is the best for the twisties.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Been there myself bro! When I got back to AZ, I bought a car to drive as a daily driver so I could just play with the Camaro. Then I was becoming obsessed with being debt free, and my biggest expense was the Camaro. Thought about selling it and trying to get out of cars for good, then I found a nice 4th gen Camaro I liked that was half the price of what I owe, so I thought about that. Then I spent some time on it, washed, polished it, detailed the piss out of, took it for a drive, and never thought about that again! I said I work hard for my shit, Im not just going to give it up because it would make life easier. F-that. Now Im happy! The wife said I have to wait till we get our next house before I can do my 427 build. So thats what Im anxious for now!! 13.0 compression, 100 octane! AWWWWLLL YA!!
I enjoyed your story because I can relate
Everytime I have a brain fart and think to get rid of my babe
I take a ride and that brain fart is over I'm keeping my baby
Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
So it seems there are a lot of pros for the Procharger. What are the cons?
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
AGP kit is setup to make 950rwhp on base turbos. Comes with enough fuel to make ~700rwhp out of the box. No headers, no pulleys, no CAIs, nothing to add. Bolt it on, set boost where you want it. If you want more power later add a twin pump setup and make 800rwhp. The limit will be the fuel system/motor.

Plus better torque curve and part throttle than a centri, doesn't rob power to drive it.

The base turbos are perfectly predictable and easy to control power. It isn't a instant hit all or nothing. The gas pedal still works fine to control power.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The turbonetics kit looks good and makes around 550WHP at 8psi, I found the kit on sale at Huronspeed for 5800 for the Complete, 5300 for the tuner kit, the turbo you get with the kit should be good up to 700whp.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #22
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Turbonetics is a bunch of compromises and will limit power later if you wanted to turn it up. Plus more lag and the worst part is putting the turbo up there they tend to cook everything. I'm not a fan of putting turbos up top on daily driven street type cars. Race cars it is ok but putting the turbos where the cats are is a much better place. It is already shieled and made for hot stuff to be there.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #23
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
In case you hadn't considered it, our IPS TT Kit is solid, proven, and makes great power:

http://store.ipsmotorsports.net/cama...bo-kits-1.html

Both kits offer genuine Garrett turbos, Tial WG's and BOV, and 95% is USA-made components right here at our facility.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #24
Medi0cr3
Untamed Performance EPT

Drives: 2011 2SS
Gosh im In this dilemma myself, good luck to you.
Hurst Short-Shifter; Ideal Garage Master Cylinder
H-E Street Slayer Twin Billet Clutch
BMR: Adjustable; Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Extreme Sway Bar. BMR Subframe Bushings.
Strange Rear Coilovers and mounts
Tuned by Rhino79

Medi0cr3 is offline   Reply With Quote