Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 06-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #15
Main

Drives: 10 Camaro 2LT, 10 SRX FWD
Thanks OP.

It took some time in a lineup, but it was worth it. Drove the Yellow 2SS they had there.. What a drive.

It was interesting - they had a yellow Corvette there - everyone was more interested in driving the Camaro.
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #16
msqr

Drives: -
Wow cool I'll be in Ontario this July. Do you have to sign up/ RSVP or can you just show up to these events???? I'm looking at the first week of July. Where is the CHIN exhibition place? is that the one right by the waterfront?

Thanks guys!
msqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #17
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by msqr View Post
Wow cool I'll be in Ontario this July. Do you have to sign up/ RSVP or can you just show up to these events???? I'm looking at the first week of July. Where is the CHIN exhibition place? is that the one right by the waterfront?

Thanks guys!
The procedure for the test drive days are as follows:
1) Drivers Licence required to register.
2) Sign their insurance release.
3) MUST drive any of the "regular cars" first before you can drive any of the sports cars (i.e. Corvette, Camaro).
4) ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE.

At the end you will be asked a couple of questions about GM and given a"thank you" gift card for either Petro Canada or Starbucks.

As for the location, Exhibition Place is opposite the waterfront, across from Ontario Place (big golf ball looking structure) if you're familiar with it. The event is the "Chin International Picinic" which goes on every year at this time, is totally FREE (YES FREE).
The GM Test Drive during this event, takes you through the city streets, in and around the event along the lakefront; provided they haven't changed the route.
Hope you have a great time and comfortable stay in our fair city.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
msqr

Drives: -
Sweet! Thanks for the info! Do you have to register in advance or can you just show up?
msqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Thanks Squalo, I know what I'll be doing for Fathers Day.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by msqr View Post
Sweet! Thanks for the info! Do you have to register in advance or can you just show up?
You register on the spot, they take your drivers licence and scan it into their system on their laptop; very simple & quick.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #21
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
Thanks Squalo, I know what I'll be doing for Fathers Day.
I have been to a few, on street & closed course in a lot, and as long as they set out a course on the city street you really get a feel for any car you drive.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #22
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
reading your test drives makes me think a long timne ago when i tested my 1st trans am ws6 in 97.. my salesperson was a woman...she kept telling me "don't go too fast!!" "don't go too fast!!" lol- i took the car just before it went into the showroom floor..- we left the dealership i went straight for the highway. i entered the curve pus that loud pedal.... i could feel the rush the engine sounds the gear shifting boy it was fun but she had maybe peed in her pants! she was kind of nervous... but i did go slow after.. it was fun . after this signed some papers& bought the car!! so that black ws6 , never went into the showroom!! lol
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #23
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulahawk View Post
Hello everyone, I checked with GM Canada regarding a test drive and here was their response:
Do you have contact info for this?

TIA
Old 06-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
formulahawk

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hello, I contacted GM Canada via their email link on the web site.

Thanks,

Kelly

Came home 09-07-22
VIN# 25963

1969 Firebird 400
1978 Camaro 305 V8
1994 Firebird Formula LT1
2002 Formula Firehawk LS1
formulahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #25
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Amazing! I just got back with my son from trying out both V6 and V8! Since it was raining, there weren't many people there. We got into the V6 right away! Both were top of the line RS. I found visibility to be fine (no issues). I thought the mirrors would be too small but you can see everything you need too. The rearview mirror wasn't an issue for me at all. (I'm 5'-10"). I couldn't gun it because of the weather and because of the GM chaperone that gave the "we will switch seats immediately" routine. It is funny that it was only the 2SS model that he made this quasi-threat.
Keep in mind that it was raining, I saw a Rousch Mustang (2009 style) waiting to make a left turn so as I pulled up to the stop sign I pulled up beside him but I could only get approx. 5'-0" back from him. He saw the yellow hood at his passenger side window and actually backed up to look at the car! I laughed and we both drove off! What a great rainy day.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #26
Joe in T.O.

I tried uploading a few pictures but no success. I have image numbers but it is asking for a URL?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in T.O. View Post
Amazing! I just got back with my son from trying out both V6 and V8! Since it was raining, there weren't many people there. We got into the V6 right away! Both were top of the line RS. I found visibility to be fine (no issues). I thought the mirrors would be too small but you can see everything you need too. The rearview mirror wasn't an issue for me at all. (I'm 5'-10"). I couldn't gun it because of the weather and because of the GM chaperone that gave the "we will switch seats immediately" routine. It is funny that it was only the 2SS model that he made this quasi-threat.
Keep in mind that it was raining, I saw a Rousch Mustang (2009 style) waiting to make a left turn so as I pulled up to the stop sign I pulled up beside him but I could only get approx. 5'-0" back from him. He saw the yellow hood at his passenger side window and actually backed up to look at the car! I laughed and we both drove off! What a great rainy day.
They had an LT RS?! the one i went to, they only had the SS model!! I will have to go and check it out tomorrow. I have a 2LT on order, itd be nice to see what the V6 actually drives like!
tededfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #28
Joe in T.O.

Yes, it is the Red Jewel Tintcoat with V6. I took that one out first. Very, very nice.