Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Car Wash in Houston

Hey guys,

I live in an apartment downtown and have no place near me to hand wash my car, that I am aware of. I have been driving to my brothers place 35 miles away every time to wash it(2 bucket wash), but that is very inconvenient. Does anybody know of a place someone can hand wash their car with buckets, or a car wash that uses such a system to ensure NO swirl marks? I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #2
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I know there was a hand car wash in Katy off Main St. I know it's a drive from downtown but it's the only one I've been to.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I know at least one of the parking garages downtown has attendants that do car washes, but can't remember which one.

Hope to see you at the fest next week
Old 04-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
ST1LE

Thanks for all you reply guys! mlee you are right they do washes in a few garages, and I assumed they didnt use the 2 bucket system but its worth it to ask about their process. I will see you there, should make it Friday. Thanks again guys!
Old 04-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Drives: c6 vette cam & full bolt-ons
i just go to the coin op carwash take my bucket and sponges and mitts. use the power washer to blow off the big stuff and fill bucket with water. wash car with my stuff then use power washer to rinse and spot free. never had any probs and my vette is still scratch free.
Matt@510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Thanks for all you reply guys! mlee you are right they do washes in a few garages, and I assumed they didnt use the 2 bucket system but its worth it to ask about their process. I will see you there, should make it Friday. Thanks again guys!
Ha Ha... yeah I wouldn't trust those guys. I do the same thing as Matt when I don't use my driveway.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #7
ST1LE

Well the coin op wash by me is always packed and has signs ALL over saying no bucket washing so I never tried it. I was thinking if I go odd hours of the day I will be fine, like early morning around sunrise or just before sunset to makes sure I have enough light. Thanks again for your replies guys!