Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Oh definitely. It's a long and storied debate for another day though.
yep yep! cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #30
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
lol.. I was the one listening to the professor ..and honestly agree with it fully. Lack of integrity abounds many

Integrity is the ability to do the right thing when no one is watching..

Agree with it all you want to. You're wrong and so is that cynic prof that taints minds. If evil exists then good does as well. It's been debated for ages and evil surely exists. Compassion is a real thing, and from compassion springs 'good'. Many people, who have nothing to gain, have no stigma of 'doing bad' to shed or avoid, and who have no witnesses to their acts, aid perfect strangers because they please to do so. Nothing to gain, something to lose, and they choose to do right. That these people are rare simply proves the point that they exist. The fact that they know right from wrong doesn't skew the results. How can it? Knowing geography doesn't allow me to dictate where Africa is; it just lets me know its location. Saying that there is no 'good' is just rationalizing a tendency to not feel accountable for behavior, while feeling forced to do what others expect by societal norms.

Far too many professors color their students' minds in college. That abuse of position steams me. Sour coots telling kids that their world view is right, and preaching about socio-political topics instead of the course they were hired to teach. Pissed me off at 19 and it pisses me off at 43 to think that a cynical codger can pass his sourpuss BS on to kids as if it were mana.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #31
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
I guess I'm old fasion. It's our job to run & theres to chase, LOL.
But really, a traffic violation. Pay that shit man. I'd be ashamed to go before a judge and say, yes the officer witnessed me breaking the law BUT....It's just to petty to waste the courts time with.
Now I'm not typically a fan of LE, but lets say the officer was in the same location and witnessed a serious crime. Say, you getting robed or you car getting vandelized. And what kwicky mart retailer talks shit to the cops. They WILL need them @ some point, more than once, & trust me, If they don't think you want them around, there responce time will reflect it. Everyone gives them free coffee for a reason.
In my opion LE keeps the morons in check which allows the rest of us to live in peace. Occationally some of us will slip, do something stupid, & have to interact with them. I know a few cops & you have to remember that they deal with trash all day & it's hard to turn that switch off at will. If you want a good example of the general public, look around the next time your @ the DMV.
Oh, I agree, but I look at it as one half business and one half game.

There's rules to business and rules to a game. If I get caught breaking the rules I suffer and I was the one that took the risk. But if the guy that caught me was breaking the rules too, then he's bound by the rules just like me, and if the rules say that condition lets me slide...well, the rules are the rules. Good for the goose, good for the gander. if the rules say I don't slide, well, I was caught fair and square. I don't mind fair and square. I mind stacked decks.

This is the reason I feel radar detectors should never be illegal- the rules say a guy I might not know about can clock me. Well, the deck is stacked if I cannot also detect him. Fair's fair. And when i lose the game I conduct business and pay the Man.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #32
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 Maro View Post
If the "private property" is a shopping center parking lot or similar and is open to the public then the cop like anyone else has a right to be there. It doesn't matter where the cop was if he testifies that he saw you commit the violation then your pretty much toast.
This.

Judges will always side with the police unless you have some concrete evidence.

$200 is not in any universe worth going to trial for, especially when you will lose. Plea bargain and move on.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #33
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Lol never understood why people get mad at getting caught..you did it.. Own it.

A class at Harvard once said the majority of people's conscience is only derived from consequence.. There is no actual good.. But the fear of doing bad..

That's the biggest BS I've ever read. And you paid for that info by going to college. Bet they said you'd get a great paying job by attending their school and racking up 100K in student loans too. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
So i got my 1st ticket and it's for an illegal U-turn. Since im in the wrong i would of just simply paid it it it were $80.00-100.00 even though in my heart the fact the cop was hiding on personal private property is not ok, but the ticket is $227.00. I went and talked to the property owner(kwik mart)and asked if they had given the police permission to hide on their property to give tickets, and he said no. In fact he has actually told them to leave cause your presence is hurting his business. Has anyone fought a ticket for something similar and if so what was your outcome?
Was their a "No U-Turn" sign posted?

Otherwise just pay it. It' snot worth your time to fight it.

Glad I have my dark blue V6 car that nobody looks at. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #34
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Has anyone fought a traffic ticket from a cop hiding on private property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
That's the biggest BS I've ever read. And you paid for that info by going to college. Bet they said you'd get a great paying job by attending their school and racking up 100K in student loans too. lol

Was their a "No U-Turn" sign posted?

Otherwise just pay it. It' snot worth your time to fight it.

Glad I have my dark blue V6 car that nobody looks at. lol

Again, I'll reiterate, it's an opinion, an interesting one at that.

How many people do you know that would willfully turn themselves in or report themselves in regards to doing something wrong..? Why not? because of the repercussions that stem from it.

That being said it was ONLY an opinion- didn't ask for a personal attack here.. but I've heard and seen it elsewhere even in the mil.. many times when someone speeds " you look around for cops" or have a radar detector.. cause you fear consequence..

This is why the law works( or should ) because consequences lead to trained behavior.. Oh if I do "A" then that implies "B"..

Interestingly enough if you look up the synonymy of conscience.. it actually says " foregoing for fear of consequence"
But let's focus back on OP because I'd much rather not go into student debt.. ahah

Old 09-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #35
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post
Because it is illegal for the cop to be on private property ticketing people. .

The parking lot is open to the public, which includes the police officer. No law restricting that (unless you want to quote one).
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

Old 09-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #36
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Again, I'll reiterate, it's an opinion, an interesting one at that.

How many people do you know that would willfully turn themselves in or report themselves in regards to doing something wrong..? Why not? because of the repercussions that stem from it.

That being said it was ONLY an opinion- didn't ask for a personal attack here.. but I've heard and seen it elsewhere even in the mil.. many times when someone speeds " you look around for cops" or have a radar detector.. cause you fear consequence..

This is why the law works( or should ) because consequences lead to trained behavior.. Oh if I do "A" then that implies "B"..

Interestingly enough if you look up the synonymy of conscience.. it actually says " foregoing for fear of consequence"
But let's focus back on OP because I'd much rather not go into student debt.. ahah

I know plenty of people that would willfully turn themselves in, but on top of that those people would not commit those offences in the first place, including myself. (You would be surprised by the amount of people that actually do this.) In criminal theory, you would align best with rational choice theory, deterrence theory and the classical crime theory, all theories are great and make sense, but cannot be applied to every single situation.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #37
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
Why didn't you do a legal 3 point U-turn

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
Old 09-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #38
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
No victim no crime. Ask for the injuried party to bring a verified claim in through the court. Injuried party=State of California, so put State of California on the stand and have them swear under oath and affirmation that you have cause them harm or injury to their person or property. I dont know about you but I don't know a lot of people with the name State of California. We still live under a common law court system.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #39
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Looks like the OP didn't hear what he wanted to hear.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Sounds like another," I got caught doing something wrong, can I use this excuse to get out of the ticket?" threads.....
Old 09-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #41
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
No victim no crime. Ask for the injuried party to bring a verified claim in through the court. Injuried party=State of California, so put State of California on the stand and have them swear under oath and affirmation that you have cause them harm or injury to their person or property. I dont know about you but I don't know a lot of people with the name State of California. We still live under a common law court system.
This is the most ignorant post I have read on C5 to date.

First off, this violation isn't criminal, it is a civil traffic violation. Second, the officer represents the state.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #42
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
This is the most ignorant post I have read on C5 to date.

First off, this violation isn't criminal, it is a civil traffic violation. Second, the officer represents the state.
Criminal or non-criminal your still is a court of law, are you not. Which means someone accused you of something which gives you the right to defend yourself. You have the right to cross examine your accuser, let the state come forward and explain how I did them wrong. I was driving 55 in a 35 okay cool did I harm someone or their property, was there someones dog in the street, a bike I ran over, a little kid in the street with a balloon. Did I deprive someone of their personal liberties if I did let them come before the court and make a claim. There's a difference between claim and complaint. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse sir.
Closed Thread