Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
djthriller
djthriller

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS - White
Cool Day one of order, and I'm already impatient...

Finally pulled the trigger and placed the order on a White 2SS, RS, w/ Inferno Orange Interior. Already can't wait! Probably won't get any sleep tonight drawing up my custom striping.

Got a good price and only $500 deposit. No getting suckered into that all important weatherproofing undercoat...in Texas...

Was told to expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. Getting a bit worried reading some of the bad order experiences. :( Looks like I'll be harrasing the poor salesperson until I get a submitted order number I can track.

He stated the dealership has allocations available, that he would submit the order to GM as soon as I left, and that he'd call me with the order number as soon as possible. Hoping for the best. I'll update with progress.

I'm new to the forum. Is posting the dealer/salesperson info appropriate? He seems like a straightforward guy, and the dealer doesn't have any hidden fee, make you wanna walk-away crap.

CAMARO!!!! Come to me!!!! I need you!!!!
djthriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Dealer feedback is always welcome.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
djthriller
djthriller

Thank you for the reply.

In that case, I'm working with Gary Richards at Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland Texas. 281.243.1166. (EDIT - Accidentally put Grapevine the first time. Gary is in Sugarland/Houston)

Also, he warned me about possible GM changes in MSRP before the purchase is complete. Looks like he was right according to cjh1505's post. Good news is after test driving a 2LT, I welcome the $295 Rear Park Assist sensors. Don't want to bruise my baby learning how to drive her. May take a while with the low profile windows.

Last edited by djthriller; 08-29-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
By all means, you can post where you ordered from, sure.

As enthusiasts who always try to help each other out, let us know HOW the dealer/salesman treats you. If it's a bad experience, we WANT to hear about it. If it's a good experience, let the others know who to buy from....and you can put something up in the Texas area forums letting other Houston folks know that "so and so" did you right.

We have a thread in the San Antonio section talking about dealers and where to go. We have EXCELLENT feedback and found two GREAT dealers in SA that go MSRP. So, help them out!

(but don't go putting it in every thread all over the board....that gets annoying...lol)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #5
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
(but don't go putting it in every thread all over the board....that gets annoying...lol)
Ya think? HAHA
Old 08-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow, that is fast, I am planning on order today, my dealer said it would take a month and a half to get pulled and than 3-4 months for delivery.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
djthriller, for starters, WELCOME!! and welcome to the fold. 8-10 weeks is doable for sor sure IF he has an allocation with your name on it and puts in the order as you stated. I iknow mine did, as I knew the guy personally. That is the time frame he quotes his new customers WHEN he has an open allocation, so far, he has been right on the money. SO sit back, enjoy the site, find out TONS of stuff you never knew about your car and welcome to "the waiting game" :{D
Old 08-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
CamaroSS24
Ford Convert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Yellow/RS pk
Two things: stay on your dealer to make sure you get the allocation this month, or you'll be waiting. Secondly, use the bayed & tracking thread to manage the wait. My car was in QC hold for 45 days, but that shouldn't happen to most new orders. And last, sometimes ignorance is bliss, so if you use this site, you will know everything about your car before your dealer does (most likely) & I can tell you it is painful to wait four days while the car sits in a railyard in Detroit or something. So learn some coping skills. Good luck! The car is worth the wait!
ORDERED: April 15, 2009 Est. Delivery: August, 2009?

CamaroSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
be aware there is an allocation issue for 2SS dropping to 55% 9/31, so production will slow down a little on those models. (it is in another thread).

Get your work order # from the dealer (a six digit number/letter combo) once it is allocated so you can use the tracking thread to follow your car from initial order thru to shipping. You will be able to tell the dealer where your car is!

Welcome to the camaro 'borg'.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #10
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by djthriller View Post
Finally pulled the trigger and placed the order on a White 2SS, RS, w/ Inferno Orange Interior. Already can't wait! Probably won't get any sleep tonight drawing up my custom striping.

Got a good price and only $500 deposit. No getting suckered into that all important weatherproofing undercoat...in Texas...

Was told to expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. Getting a bit worried reading some of the bad order experiences. :( Looks like I'll be harrasing the poor salesperson until I get a submitted order number I can track.

He stated the dealership has allocations available, that he would submit the order to GM as soon as I left, and that he'd call me with the order number as soon as possible. Hoping for the best. I'll update with progress.

I'm new to the forum. Is posting the dealer/salesperson info appropriate? He seems like a straightforward guy, and the dealer doesn't have any hidden fee, make you wanna walk-away crap.

CAMARO!!!! Come to me!!!! I need you!!!!
Dude, you can't sleep already?

At least you're in good hands with Classic in Grapevine. Feel free to "report" back to us but if they say they have allocation available this upcoming week, you will move from event code 1100 to 2000 and beyond by week's end.

Congrats on your order.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
djthriller
djthriller

Accidentaly posted Gary Richards as being in Grapevine on my post. He's in Sugarland/Houston Texas.

Supposedly, haven't verified, but Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine may be out of allocations for the model year. One has to believe that a dealer that large has other ways of aquiring orders or shipments at least.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Only way Classic is out is if they back ordered on their allocations. A dealer does not know how many allocations they are getting in the future months, they are just told what allocations are coming up for the month.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Welcome thriller! Make sure to press for that benchorder and get that order number so the fun can begin with tracking! Congratz on the order!
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
dreammy
Banned

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM RS
Scooter! try to find a dealer with open allocations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Wow, that is fast, I am planning on order today, my dealer said it would take a month and a half to get pulled and than 3-4 months for delivery.
It was two months from the day of sitting at the dealership ordering up my camaro to delivery.
dreammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, houston, order, salesperson, texas