Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
victoryredRS

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
Give me your opinion...

ok this is to whoever has it or doesnt have it just give your opinion. What do you think of the metra kit? Have you installed it? are you happy? or even better if you dont have it will you put it? why or why not?
victoryredRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Oh I like this!! I am full of opinions!
I dont have the metra kit and, while I think it is innovative, I dont think I would use it. Someone mentioned scosche is coming out with a kit, that from pics looks much more refined and polished than the metra. The metra kit just seems like its not quiet there yet imho.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
victoryredRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Oh I like this!! I am full of opinions!
I dont have the metra kit and, while I think it is innovative, I dont think I would use it. Someone mentioned scosche is coming out with a kit, that from pics looks much more refined and polished than the metra. The metra kit just seems like its not quiet there yet imho.

Cheers
K
do you have links to were i can see some pics of the scosche kit. There is nothing on there site. thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I do not, someone on here posted a pic of the kit which was mentioned at sema. If you google it you will see a mention of it as well.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Scosche kit - the Metra kit looks like a real close match to the interior gray, this one, keeping in mind its a prototype, looks darker... hopefully something thats due to lighting or that its a prototype.

Also, hopefully having this kit out will drive the price of the Metra kit down... capitalism at its best.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i got metra and love it.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Tossing my 2cents on the table.

Personally I wouldn't pay for the metra kit. I think it lowers the quality of the interior and also introduces technical issues where things don't quite work as intended. I don't want to pay good money to add issues to my car, however small. I like the way the stock radio looks, I just wish it came with a bigger and better screen for nav ect.
The buttons on the metra kit look dirt cheap and IMO shows they really didn't put enough thought into the design and just wanted to get product out.
There is a guy on here that made a one off kit that looks the way metra should have done there's that retains the stock buttons look and feel. This is what I want.

The Scosche kit looks to be slightly better at least technically, where it looks like they paid more attention to being able to change the vehicle setting on the bottom screen (I hope). And not requiring you to buy some aux screen from somewhere else.
Visually it only looks marginally better than the metra kit, both of which I would classify as "programer art".

I was hoping someone would come out with a kit that looks stock but with a spot for a double din but guess I was wrong.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
i got metra and love it.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 AM   #9
victoryredRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
Scosche kit - the Metra kit looks like a real close match to the interior gray, this one, keeping in mind its a prototype, looks darker... hopefully something thats due to lighting or that its a prototype.

Also, hopefully having this kit out will drive the price of the Metra kit down... capitalism at its best.

looks better than the metra kit was there any pricing or release date for it. The metra is nice but like metioned above does decrease the quality of the interior and the buttons are a little "cheap" looking. hope this one comes out to the market.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
been waiting for the scosche kit for a long while, so I am not certain when its coming out. supposed to be around the beginning of the year, but we'll see.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
AFblueSS
U.S.A.F. Retired

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 1SS / 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to AFblueSS
That Scosche kit looks TONS better than the Metra kit.

After the Metra kit came out, I had planned on building an entire system off of the factory head unit. If that Scosche kit comes out, I may have to reconsider!
AFblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote