Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Additional allocation after 15000 sold orders?

Has anyone else heard of this? For those of us waiting to actually sit in one of these cars before buying it, we have to wait for 15000 of the sold orders to go in before dealers are going to get lot cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
You can add me to the list......we have 4 chevrolet dealerships, a pontiac and a buick....I am currently taking orders at msrp....our store will be getting 33 for stock after the original 15,000 sold orders are placed......

Serpentini Chevrolet of Strongsville
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
i dont really want ot add to speculation

but i have not heard that

but it would make sense.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
So the dealers won't get a demo car then?

Crowley
Old 10-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
I have not heard of this and it is not on the chevy launch web site so i doubt it's true.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
The total allocations so far equal the anticipated production through the 3rd quarter of 2009. GM was careful to issue a disclaimer noting that actual production over that period may not even meet the allocations (due to possible production problems or materials constraints), so GM is protected from lawsuits by dealers or customers for orders taken against allocations that do not get produced. Further allocations will be made down the line, to extend coverage beyond the 3rd quarter of 2009.

Dealers can certainly place orders for "lot" cars (cars for dealer stock) out of their initial allocation. Cars for dealer stock could not be placed with GM during the initial ordering period (beginning around the 13th of October), but dealers will be able to place orders for stock sometime between now and December (and well before production starts). However, they need to have allocations available whether ordering for a sold customer order or their lot. Some smart dealers with only a few Camaros allocated to them may decline to sell any of their allotment in advance, so they can order them for stock. When such cars arrive at dealerships they will be stuck in showrooms with supplemental window stickers adding thousands over MSRP and sold to the I-want-it-now-whatever-it-costs crowd, who won't be able to find one at lower-priced Chevy dealers who have pre-sold their allocation quantities. And dealers will not be using the marked up Camaros for test drives. It is going to be a long, long wait before any dealer has Camaros on the lot that will be available for test drives.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
The way GM stated it was:

The guide covers anticipated Camaro Coupe production from the start of regular production (currently scheduled for mid-February 2009) through approximately Q3 2009

So, it really does sound as though the preorders are IT through Q3. It's just a little hard to believe that the dealers that have presold their production guide(preorder allotments) to us guys will really have no lot cars 'til late Sept. '09, when production as well as sales to the general public are starting in the 1st quarter of '09. But, hey, I really hope we're reading their statement correctly, which means we all get our cars sooner, without having to be mixed in with the production of dealer stock cars!

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

Last edited by Rodrunner; 10-26-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: correct date
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote