Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #99
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
woops.. i'm sorry.. I should have read further into the thread!!

after reading all of it now.. I'm tempted to think that they may have missed a ground wire while assembling everything. If it were an internal engine issue, there would be other signs, it wouldn't run fantastic, and start great, and then the next minute start acting up, throwing codes, or starting hard. My only concern would be how much damage to the car's electronics may have been cuased while it's backfeeding... just a thought.. Hopefully they'll figure it out and get it straightened out for you. Does Canada have a lemmon law?

Last edited by Diabel1969; 09-20-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #100
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
No lemon laws, but there is recourse...

Diabel1969,

Thanks for your comments, they are certainly appreciated! I have worked my fair share under the hood on my various classic cars of the past. I am not a master mechanic, but I am a great mechanics assistant and I am reasonably knowledgeable about how an engine works.

When my mechanic friend of mine and I tore down an old 350 from a 72' Impala and dropped it into my then pride and joy a 1980 Malibu Classic, (throwing out a terribly de-tuned 267 V8) we tore it down and put it back together and he did indeed mark all parts from where we pulled them, tracked them in ziploc bags and put them all back in the same locations. That sweet 5.7/350 small block engine outlasted the poor thin framed 80's Chevelle Malibu as it torqued it like a pretzel. I digress...

The point is, that I am not at all comfortable with this engine as it is now as it's running terribly, the check engine light is on and off again and obviously things are just not right. I am very concerned about everytime it misfires and sputters to a stop that it's hurting the engine more and more. You have brought up a good point, the electronics may indeed be suffering as well, convincing me more and more that I need to get out of this car and into one that has not had open heart surgery and now shock therapy. Thanks Diabel for that point!

I did my research in case GM does not come back with a fair offer:

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=156

I have a large file with pictures, invoices, work orders and many comments from authorities in the automotive world about what should have transpired but I don't want to go there as I assume that GM will not turn me away in regards to this case. I even have consulted a lawyer who is aware of the whole story but I don't want to escalate this scenario, I just want a car that I can keep for years and enjoy, as I ordered it. I feel that if they would have simply changed the engine in the first place, the rest of the car would never have been exposed to all these shocks and all the misfiring.

Thanks for your input Diabel, I can tell you are quite mechanically inclined and I appreciate your feedback.

Best,
eB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel1969 View Post
woops.. i'm sorry.. I should have read further into the thread!!

after reading all of it now.. I'm tempted to think that they may have missed a ground wire while assembling everything. If it were an internal engine issue, there would be other signs, it wouldn't run fantastic, and start great, and then the next minute start acting up, throwing codes, or starting hard. My only concern would be how much damage to the car's electronics may have been cuased while it's backfeeding... just a thought.. Hopefully they'll figure it out and get it straightened out for you. Does Canada have a lemmon law?

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 AM   #101
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Well whats the latest?

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #102
Camarodriver

Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Brought the car in tuesday, they didn't look at it until today. They told me it had pages of error codes but they cleared them and the car runs fine. They want thier loaner back tomorrow, cause they say the car runs fine....

I have an open dialog with a GM exec, looking for a fair deal to trade it back in. I got all my contract papers together and am now waiting to negotiate with GM for a 2SS.

I will post more this weekend, see how it drives. I am SURE it will be the same. Sometimes driving fine, sometimes driving crap and stalling. This car will not be in my stable for long....I love the new Camaro too much to keep allowing it to let me down like this...

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #103
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Keep the video camera handy. I will film it each time you start it and drive it. Keep all the proof you can. Good Luck.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #104
jth6373

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS
so they saw the car had pages of error codes but they say that the car is running fine? That doesnt make much sense how they could even say that...
jth6373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #105
Camarodriver

I called them today to confirm my return of the loaner car and they told me not to bother... they couldnt' get the car OUT of the garage as it was misbehavin' so badly and roughly that they finally admitted it was just not right...

More soon!

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #106
CaliMattRS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Manual

Good luck, I am cheering for you to get a new car!
CaliMattRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #107
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
they had beeter make this up to you, what a bunch of BS. they should give you a new car for your trouble or pay the msrp difference and get the 2ss.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #108
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
I called them today to confirm my return of the loaner car and they told me not to bother... they couldnt' get the car OUT of the garage as it was misbehavin' so badly and roughly that they finally admitted it was just not right...

More soon!

eB
Sucks that there is still problems. Good to hear that it happen to them also. Hope it all works out for you.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #109
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
I had what sounded like a valve out adjustments going tick tick tick at 2-3000 rpm when not under a load. That tick turned into a clack clack so I brought it in. My GM dealer now tells me that Monday morning they are dropping the pan and a GM rep will be coming by to inspect and approve a warrantee fix. They had me bring in my original air box and filter and will remove my K& N CAI to ensure that the GM corporate guy doesn't blame that for the problem.

I will visit when they are working on it and take some pictures for you all to see. a new crate engine will be ordered and dropped in... Ugh. Any ideas for performance upgrades while it's being done? headers? Spark plugs?

eB
dammit, no longer virgin...
No way a CAI caused a connecting rod failure. Do you beat on it. PM answer if your not comfrontable with a public answer.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #110
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
wow that sux about ur car, cool that the guys are workin w/ ur mods. dont find to meany dealers that will do that now a days.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #111
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Brought the car in tuesday, they didn't look at it until today. They told me it had pages of error codes but they cleared them and the car runs fine. They want thier loaner back tomorrow, cause they say the car runs fine....

I have an open dialog with a GM exec, looking for a fair deal to trade it back in. I got all my contract papers together and am now waiting to negotiate with GM for a 2SS.

I will post more this weekend, see how it drives. I am SURE it will be the same. Sometimes driving fine, sometimes driving crap and stalling. This car will not be in my stable for long....I love the new Camaro too much to keep allowing it to let me down like this...

eB
You are a true Camaro fan If it had been someone else in your position, they would have told GM / this dealer where to stick this car....

Quote:

More soon!

eB
I'm glad they're finally in admission..... Hopefully this new development will advance your quest to offload this one, and get that SS
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #112
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
.....i get frustrated opeing this thread, i hate warranty work
Hope they give you a fair deal on an SS
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lown v6 loose connecting rod